Decware Appreciation Thread (MT review up on first page 2-10-12)
Jul 11, 2012 at 12:10 PM Post #316 of 1,238
16 weeks is just crazy.  I put my order in 1 month ago.  Waiting 3 more months stinks.  Oh well...

Jul 11, 2012 at 2:31 PM Post #317 of 1,238
Cue Carly Simon...."Anticipation....". :D

Jul 11, 2012 at 6:04 PM Post #318 of 1,238
Something happened last week that made it a real drag too. I guess they gave 3 days of the week off to the engineers for the 4th of july? At least it seemed that way since no progress was made.  Somehow my order shipped today even though it was packed on monday.  It's really dragging along :frowning2:  I just want to hear the damn thing already.

Jul 11, 2012 at 6:18 PM Post #319 of 1,238
You are almost there bud :)

I am actually been waiting for a pair fo trap speakers for a little while currently and hopefully will get them sometime this month....wait is always the hardest part, but for me makes me appreciate the units all the more. lol

Jul 11, 2012 at 6:39 PM Post #320 of 1,238
Maybe you can get back at them for the delays and sell it to me 
evil_smiley.gif

Quote:
Something happened last week that made it a real drag too. I guess they gave 3 days of the week off to the engineers for the 4th of july? At least it seemed that way since no progress was made.  Somehow my order shipped today even though it was packed on monday.  It's really dragging along :frowning2:  I just want to hear the damn thing already.

Jul 11, 2012 at 7:17 PM Post #321 of 1,238
Quote:
Maybe you can get back at them for the delays and sell it to me 
evil_smiley.gif

Haha, it really is a long wait! I agree that the long wait at least increases the sentimental value of the product 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 11, 2012 at 7:17 PM Post #322 of 1,238
I'm playing the same waiting game.  Just placed my order in mid June so looking at October before I receive my Taboo..

Jul 11, 2012 at 7:24 PM Post #323 of 1,238
Haha, it really is a long wait! I agree that the long wait at least increases the sentimental value of the product 

I think the part that seems the longest is when you get notified work has begun.  Then it's intolerable.  I felt if they started my amp, it should get their complete and undivided attention.  Didn't they know how long I'd been waiting.  However, the pack one day, and ship two days later may be the norm, mine was exactly the same.  Now you'll get to watch is move towards you.  

Jul 11, 2012 at 8:11 PM Post #324 of 1,238

B******s....taking time off on a national holiday. We need our gear!...:p

Jul 11, 2012 at 8:28 PM Post #325 of 1,238
Quote:
B******s....taking time off on a national holiday. We need our gear!...
tongue.gif

Nevermind that I got the same amount of time off either.  need being the key word

Jul 11, 2012 at 8:57 PM Post #326 of 1,238
^ +1

Jul 13, 2012 at 11:56 AM Post #327 of 1,238
Alright, Taboo owners.  Is there a manual somewhere for the current version?  

What's the difference between the two sets of RCA jacks? One is variable input, and one is direct.  I really have no idea what that means though.  

The amplifier does sound very good.  Lucid mode is pretty cool.

Jul 13, 2012 at 11:58 AM Post #328 of 1,238
Quote:
Alright, Taboo owners.  Is there a manual somewhere for the current version?  

What's the difference between the two sets of RCA jacks? One is variable input, and one is direct.  I really have no idea what that means though.  

The amplifier does sound very good.  Lucid mode is pretty cool.

Congrats Llloyd on your new arrival!  

Jul 13, 2012 at 12:13 PM Post #329 of 1,238
Quote:
Congrats Llloyd on your new arrival!  

Thank you!  I was not extremely excited at first to be honest haha.  But now that I'm settled in and listening to some tracks I'm much more enthusiastic about the amplifier.  It does everything shocklingly well as far as I can tell.

It's hard to imagine this, from the taboo manual.  Can't imagine double the soundstage.  Things are already pretty spacious with lucid mode.  Lucid mode off does sound slightly more closed compared to my previous little dot amp.  I don't see any reason to turn lucid mode off ever though.

If you listen to your amp during the burn-in process this is what you will experience: First the amp will sound good followed by almost an immediate increase in harshness which after 30 minutes will change to dullness and continue to go back and forth. During this mind bending experience the imaging and soundstage will be unstable and somewhat restricted. There will be moments of incredible sound during this process and equally ugly sound. You will know when the amp is burned-in because out of nowhere some night when your listening the amp will bloom with a soundstage almost double in size and forever stay that way in all successive listening sessions. As you amplifier ages, it will season like fine wine and continue to do so for many years.  An amplifier that is a couple years old almost always sounds superior to a brand new one assuming both are using a fresh set of tubes. 

Jul 13, 2012 at 12:16 PM Post #330 of 1,238
Quote:

Thank you!  I was not extremely excited at first to be honest haha.  But now that I'm settled in and listening to some tracks I'm much more enthusiastic about the amplifier.  It does everything shocklingly well as far as I can tell.

It's hard to imagine this, from the taboo manual.  Can't imagine double the soundstage.  Things are already pretty spacious with lucid mode.  Lucid mode off does sound slightly more closed compared to my previous little dot amp.  I don't see any reason to turn lucid mode off ever though.

hehehe....Did you sniff the bottlecap
biggrin.gif
   What an interesting description. I am sure it will be a joy for many years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back