Decisions Decisions - JVC FX700 or BeyerDynamic T50p???
Sep 5, 2010 at 2:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Duncan

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey All,

Just a quick thread to see which you would pick as my next logical upgrade...

The FX700 would replace the Monster Coppers, and the Beyers would replace the Senn HD25 II (well, run alongside, I've only had the Senns since Tuesday lol)...

Both are essentially the same price for me (by the time you add import duty on the JVCs)...  My main requirement is 'improved sound quality' over the gear I already have (so not too worried re isolation etc) - running 95% unamped through my iPhone4 (and 5% amped with my old Meta42)...

Anyways, I plan to make an order for one or the other at the back end of this week, so would like your feedback :D

[Edit] - Yup, I know I'm comparing apples to oranges here, IEMs vs portables, that is semi intentional...

Sep 5, 2010 at 5:14 PM Post #2 of 3
^ Hi Duncan, as you know I have the FX700 and coincidentally I had the chance to audition the T50p at one of my meetings with dfkt. In short and to my ears there was no small difference, the FX700 outclassed the T50p in several ways, but most strikingly in bass definition and clarity. I tried them unamped from my Cowon i9 and dfkt's Clip+ (if I remember correctly) and the results were consistent: the T50p sounded lifeless and veiled in comparison with the FX700. I didn't try them amped though.

Edit: maybe dfkt can chime in here, he had both phones for longer, so he can give a better-founded opinion than me.

Sep 5, 2010 at 8:39 PM Post #3 of 3
Agreed. Between the two, I would definitely go for the FX700, not the T50p. Compared to the HD25 they're no upgrade, IMO. I don't "hate" the T50p anymore, as it was in the beginning, but they are clearly overpriced for what they are - OTOH, the FX700 are some nice, unique IEMs (that unfortunately don't isolate a lot).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back