Dec 2011 Giveaway - Klipsch X10, ZX700, Aurvana Live, & A151
Dec 10, 2011 at 4:13 PM Post #31 of 86
I would like to try the Klipsch X10 IEMs or the Meelectronics A151s.  I have a few cheap IEMs and a set of S4s which is the best I have tried so far.  I have a US address for USPS only.  Good luck to all : )

Dec 10, 2011 at 5:32 PM Post #32 of 86
I would like to win the Klipsch X10 and I live in Finland. I hope I dont have too much gear to qualify
tongue.gif

Dec 10, 2011 at 6:28 PM Post #33 of 86
I would love to have the  MEElectronics A151 balanced-armature earphones  and the Klipsch X10 IEMs :) I think its a great idea what your doing keep it up and im from Australia :) right now i have no earphones ): as my soundmagic PL30s just broke and i reallly wanna try a high quality IEM 

Dec 11, 2011 at 2:43 AM Post #38 of 86
Two things I want to reiterate:

(1) One prize will be given per person among 5 people. People requesting two items will not receive both and it will be at my discretion which item to give, if I select that person.
(2) People without a country in their post will not be considered; please include the info. This especially pertains to people in Europe. Posts with just "Europe" will not be considered.

And one other thing I want to add:

This is a giveaway - as in, I'm giving items away for free. I reserve all rights to determine how it's being run. Do not PM me asking me to break my own rules that have been set in post #1. I will not selectively allow people who do not meet the entry criteria.

Dec 11, 2011 at 4:02 AM Post #40 of 86
aurvana live please

Portugal, Europe.

Thanks, good luck to everyone. Happy holidays

Dec 11, 2011 at 5:06 AM Post #44 of 86
Entering for the X10! I really want to hear a proper in-ear, but they're never returnable (understandably), and we don't get a lot of headphone meetings around here... I live in Finland.

Great stuff to share your unneeded gear, good luck to you and everyone entering!

Dec 11, 2011 at 7:52 AM Post #45 of 86
First post on Head-Fi! :wink:

I've been lurking here for over a week, feverishly reading threads and trying to pick out my first set of closed, over-the-ear cans. I currently use some iBud knock-offs (when I can't blast the speakers), so as you can imagine I'm really excited to jump into the audophile headphones world.

[OT: For anyone reading who may want to PM me some advice, my listening choices are: 60% rock, 10% punk, 10% classical, 10% jazz, 5% hip-hop, 5% female vocals. Although with better headphones, I may start listening to more jazz and vocals. Metal and country are the only things I do not really care for. I need headphones that sound good with no DAC, powered by iPod 5th generation or Macbook Pro. I don't mind if I'll have to re-rip parts of my library to higher bitrate. Cans must be full-size, over the ear, and closed. Willing to sacrifice sound quality for comfort (I'm moving up from iBuds, so they'll still sound great; and I need to wear them for long periods of time).] 

I've really enjoyed all the time people have put into these forums to help newcomers like me trying to get a grasp of what's what, but I tell you there is a dark side: I arrived a week ago with 99% certainty I should be buying the HD380s, but now I'm completely paralyzed by choice.

I've gone through most of the usual suspects: Shure SRH440, Shure SRH8840, Sennheiser HD280, Sennheiser HD380, KRK KNS-6400, KRK KNS-8400, AT ATH-M50, Sony ZX700, Creative Aurvana Live!, etc....

For someone who a week ago was only vaguely familiar that cans come in open and closed formats, that it's a lot of info and options to process and narrow down. :)

The worst part is I have no Guitar Center nearby to demo any of these. So I'm shopping blind for comfortable, closed cans. (I've narrowed it down to: ZX700 ($115), HD380 ($120), or CAL!($60). Everything else is outside my budget).

TL;DR:

Would love: Sony ZX700 or CAL! (in that order)

Thanks Asr for the giveaway, and thanks HeadFi community for all the info!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back