Death Metal Discussion
Jun 19, 2008 at 5:03 PM Post #211 of 650
Quote:

Originally Posted by monolith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hehe. You say that, but on the same page there's discussion of Cradle of Filth, who are abour as close to true metal as the Backstreet Boys.
tongue.gif

A worthy cause though.

Cradle rapes you, no need to pout. Take it like a bitch :p

Jun 19, 2008 at 5:15 PM Post #212 of 650
Quote:

Originally Posted by monolith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hehe. You say that, but on the same page there's discussion of Cradle of Filth, who are abour as close to true metal as the Backstreet Boys.
tongue.gif

A worthy cause though.

Trivium is a backstreet boys of metal, not CoF in a long shot...
tongue.gif

Jun 20, 2008 at 2:24 AM Post #216 of 650
Anyone here like Deicide?

Glen Benton: Deicide bassist/vocalist and The Next Son of Satan!!!

My all-time favorite CD of theirs was the brutal Once Upon The Cross (1994). I put it on both Hi-MD and also on my newly-acquired HD5.

Steve Asheim is an awesome drummer and the Hoffman brothers certainly give any other death metal duo out there (including my guitar hero Kerry King and his tag-team partner Jeff Hanneman [of Slayer]) a run for their money.

Jun 20, 2008 at 3:05 AM Post #217 of 650
Quote:

Originally Posted by BIGHMW /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone here like Deicide?

Glen Benton: Deicide bassist/vocalist and The Next Son of Satan!!!

My all-time favorite CD of theirs was the brutal Once Upon The Cross (1994). I put it on both Hi-MD and also on my newly-acquired HD5.

Steve Asheim is an awesome drummer and the Hoffman brothers certainly give any other death metal duo out there (including my guitar hero Kerry King and his tag-team partner Jeff Hanneman [of Slayer]) a run for their money.

Heck yeah! I agree about Asheim. He's brutal. I have the first two albums. That's about all I needed, though.

Jun 20, 2008 at 1:51 PM Post #219 of 650
Haha, there are quite a few "idiots" IMO in both the Death and Black Metal scenes, but its the music that counts, right?

Anyway, not sure if its been mentioned before now, but anyone into Bloodbath at all? Mikael Åkerfeldt on vocals is fairly close to an orgasmic experience on headphones or speakers. Then again...I'm a huge fan of Opeth as well. So maybe there's a little bias.

Jun 21, 2008 at 4:53 PM Post #221 of 650
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZackP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I only listen to legion, and that is rare. I have an incredible disliking of Benton, he is an idiot in my honest opinion.

You're just jealous because he had the guts to burn an upside-down cross on his forehead (!). In a 1991 interview in Thrash Metal magazine he was asked about it and he replied: "It only hurts when you peel the scabs".

Talk about HARDCORE!!! Let's see Tom Araya do that!!!

Jun 21, 2008 at 6:48 PM Post #222 of 650
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

But we are supposed to talk about deathmetal.........and EZ has told us nothing yet about his new purchase 7 Churches

\m/

Got it yesterday. Man, it does not get better than this. I think my favorite song is "Fallen Angel" with those demonic-sounding bells at the opening. Scary. What a fantastic album. It was worth the wait.

Jun 21, 2008 at 6:55 PM Post #223 of 650
Quote:

Originally Posted by ezkcdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
\m/

Got it yesterday. Man, it does not get better than this. I think my favorite song is "Fallen Angel" with those demonic-sounding bells at the opening. Scary. What a fantastic album. It was worth the wait.

I think you will find that follow up Possessed album is nowhere near as good as 7 Churches, but hard to compete with a stone cold classic!

Jun 21, 2008 at 9:46 PM Post #224 of 650
Quote:

Originally Posted by BIGHMW /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're just jealous because he had the guts to burn an upside-down cross on his forehead (!). In a 1991 interview in Thrash Metal magazine he was asked about it and he replied: "It only hurts when you peel the scabs".

Talk about HARDCORE!!! Let's see Tom Araya do that!!!

Tom Araya is a catholic. I doubt he would do that.

Jun 22, 2008 at 4:33 AM Post #225 of 650
ha ha, little known fact (at least to me until I saw Headbanger's Journey). It kind of discredits Slayer in my eyes, especially since the song "God Hates Us All" was named because "its just a screwing cool name" as Tom said. I personally enjoy it when a band which displays a certain ideology stands fervently behind the ideology they claim to represent. Dissection for example. Yes, they may not have been the ideal black/thrash metal band, but the way Jon went out certainly shows a deep (if disturbing) devotion to what he claimed to be devoted to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back