Death Metal Discussion
Jul 18, 2008 at 7:19 PM Post #241 of 650
I've lsitened to something off youtube, quite interesting indeed though...in the song i listened to, there were a couple of groovy slow paced parts which i didn't like at all cause they reminded me those horrible hardcore breakdowns loved by scene kids...

May i recommend you fellow metalheads an awesome band from Singapore : Rudra , you may already know them, if you do not, check them out, especially the last album,good death metal, quite on the brutal side ( lots of blasting, double bass etc. ),plus some instrumental tracks with indian folk instruments and melodies...an asian version of Nile
biggrin.gif
...interesting lyrics, mainly dealing with eastern philosophy...

Jul 18, 2008 at 8:34 PM Post #242 of 650
Quote:

I've lsitened to something off youtube, quite interesting indeed though...in the song i listened to, there were a couple of groovy slow paced parts which i didn't like at all cause they reminded me those horrible hardcore breakdowns loved by scene kids...

Have you heard Jungle Rot? They also have groovy sound, yet they are as old school as one can get. When you are doing mid-paced DM you often do have to add some groove for flavor.

Jul 18, 2008 at 8:47 PM Post #243 of 650
Jul 22, 2008 at 2:59 AM Post #244 of 650
... the guys running Metal Inquisition(metalinquisition.blogspot.com) definitely show much love for the groove and the breakdowns
biggrin.gif

just received a package from Razorback Records; the Blood Freak and Frightmare stuff is awesome indeed.

Jul 27, 2008 at 4:39 PM Post #245 of 650
Just picked up a few albums that i'm really digging right now.

Prostitute Disfigurement - Descendants of Deprevaity
Amok - Lullabies of Silence
Dead Congregation - Graves of the Archangels

Prostitute play some real good modern death metal (different from their previous albums).
Amok are a hybrid of grind/death/a lil hardcore.
Dead Congregation play some real good old school early 90's death a la Incantation.

Jul 27, 2008 at 5:57 PM Post #247 of 650
Since there's no black metal thread, I'll mention here that I've been listening to two really interesting bands lately: Silencer and Urfaust. If you haven't heard them before, definitely worth your time to check out!

For some truly old school sounding death metal, check out Repugnant (now broken up).

Jul 27, 2008 at 6:08 PM Post #248 of 650
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaZa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Listened Dead Congregation's myspace page. Very good stuff so far and very good riffs.

Yea, I'm really loving the old school feel of it. I have their LP now i'm looking into getting their EP.

Jul 27, 2008 at 8:10 PM Post #249 of 650
Quote:

Originally Posted by ezkcdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Since there's no black metal thread, I'll mention here that I've been listening to two really interesting bands lately: Silencer and Urfaust. If you haven't heard them before, definitely worth your time to check out!

For some truly old school sounding death metal, check out Repugnant (now broken up).

eww silencer.

Also I've been listening to Repugnant for a while.

Does anyone here listen to Impaled?

Also, I just saw the ATG show with municipal waste and Repulsion. It was great, ATG was awesome, the waste were really fun, and repulsion owned too.

Jul 30, 2008 at 3:48 AM Post #250 of 650
I'm actually a big silencer fan...lol

Regardless, I haven't listened to Impaled in a long time, but I used to be almost TOO into them. I think I still have my old albums around here somewhere...

Anyway, a newer user reminded me today of Born of Osiris, who I think are pretty good, despite being deathcore (I despise most "core" genres). I like the riff structure and the breakdowns are not as painful as most I have listened to in the past. Anyone else getting to know deathcore a little bit better at all? I know its almost a metal blasphemy to speak of it, but still, topic breached.

Jul 31, 2008 at 7:30 AM Post #251 of 650
One day i tried to dig a bit on youtube an on the Metal archives just to find out what american kids listen to...and the only deathcore band where i found a grain of talent is this one, there is even an attempt to a solo...the vocals, the breakdowns, overproduced-overtriggered-overpowering drums, are indeed terrible, but not as bad as other bands, at least they can play their instruments properly...

YouTube - As Blood Runs Black - "My Fears Have Become Phobias"

my "good" feelings completely vanished when i read the comments on youtube .."oo the fastest drummer i've ever seen, fasteds double bass" - well it is not slow...but pretty standard..and everyone is able to do fast db drumming for 10 seconds - , " oh the heavyest band ever " , " oh this is death metal, not slipknot "...ignorant kids...
mad.gif

Aug 1, 2008 at 3:32 PM Post #254 of 650
Let's go back discussing death metal...have some of you listened to the new album by Septicflesh ? IMo it's awesome...one of the first well done attempt to mix death with orchestral music...the first tracks are also quite on the brutal side , very different from their earlier albums....

Aug 2, 2008 at 3:48 AM Post #255 of 650
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZackP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
eww silencer.

Also I've been listening to Repugnant for a while.

Does anyone here listen to Impaled?

Also, I just saw the ATG show with municipal waste and Repulsion. It was great, ATG was awesome, the waste were really fun, and repulsion owned too.

Impaled oh yeah!! Mondo Medicale is a Classic... everyone into DM should definitely checked them out... but their other album is rather disappointing id say...

btw... it's soo good to see so many ppl here and how this thread has grown!

lately ive been tied to ARSIS - We Are The Nightmare, and HATE - Anaclasis..

though ive been quiet, i always enjoyed reading ppls comment here.. so many unheard bands before for me.. really great to see many death metalheadz here on Head Fi !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back