Deal Alert! Head-Direct RE0 $79 for Thanksgiving.
Nov 19, 2009 at 1:02 AM Post #151 of 334
Quote:

Originally Posted by TopPop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will also say that there will be a FS post for a barely-used set of SoundMAGIC PL50 and Sony Hybrid tip set appearing very shortly...
beerchug.gif

Well, I guess not, after all!

Those got snatched up quick... lol
biggrin.gif

Nov 19, 2009 at 10:26 AM Post #154 of 334
hey toppop, could help but notice you found the single flange tip comfortable. if you think those are comfy, you should definitely try the v-moda tips. ive said it couple times around the forum but seems like no one takes notice. so far, these are the perfect tips for me with the re0. they look like regular tips, however they are slightly thicker and stiffer while maintaining comfort and a good seal. most single flange i use are so thin that when i put them in my ear, they have this "fold" that makes them feel so cheap and an easily broken seal. the v-moda tips have a stiffer material so it actually forms a seal without "folding."

Nov 19, 2009 at 12:23 PM Post #157 of 334
Just like to say I'm just someone who enjoys listening to music, I don't know all the techincal terms etc.

Mine arrived this morning, the package was so light I thought there was nothing in there
frown.gif

The supplied medium sized round tips don't fit with the RE0?? I had to use my old tips from my cx 95. The white tips dont fit me to well.

Is there somting wrong with my ears because the RE0's sound very 'flat', maybe I need different tips? I will try burning them in to see if this will help. Maybe I was sent a 'bad' batch.??

For some reason my CX300 seems to 'sound' better.

Forgive my vagueness I'm a total newb.

Nov 19, 2009 at 4:41 PM Post #158 of 334
the single flange tips will need more effort to put on since its a much tighter fit

i would say give it some time. your cx300 may sound better because of the booming bass you were used to. the re0 is much more neutral than the cx300 so its probably because you r ears are not used to it.

Nov 19, 2009 at 6:03 PM Post #159 of 334
Quote:

Originally Posted by rawrster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the single flange tips will need more effort to put on since its a much tighter fit

i would say give it some time. your cx300 may sound better because of the booming bass you were used to. the re0 is much more neutral than the cx300 so its probably because you r ears are not used to it.

Thanks for the advice rawster, I was very excited when reading reviews/impressions but now that I have them I'm quite disappointed thus far.

I'll take you advice and 'burn' them in, hopefully they sound better. I did not realise the bass difference was as much as this though.

Nov 19, 2009 at 8:15 PM Post #163 of 334
Quote:

Originally Posted by jp_zer0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The seller is Head-Direct so I can't see how it can be a different product.

They look like the 2nd. version look at the pics. The box says it all.

Nov 19, 2009 at 8:21 PM Post #164 of 334
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aynjell /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Damn, very hard to resist considering my UHP336 **** themselves this morning. Do these have strong highs?

these have the sweetest highs you can get in this price range

Nov 19, 2009 at 8:31 PM Post #165 of 334
Quote:

Originally Posted by actorlife /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They look like the 2nd. version look at the pics. The box says it all.

You're assuming that the pics are up to date. I would find it really inexplicable that Head-Direct would stock a different revision for orders that come through amazon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back