Deal Alert! Head-Direct RE0 $79 for Thanksgiving.
Mar 24, 2010 at 7:15 PM Post #331 of 334
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pianist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No problem.
biggrin.gif
I also recommend taking out the foam, and putting it back in but not all the way so that there will remain some space between the foam and the driver. That will let the driver move more air and will improve bass response and soundstage as well. Also, the treble can sound a bit overly pronounced for some people and with some music, especially while the RE0 are still not fully burned in. To tame the treble a little, just put a bit of cotton inside the nozzle.

Regarding the 'burn-in' process, what do you recommend? One of these programs out there depicting white/pink noise or just letting the IEMs play various kind of music in loop mode?

Mar 24, 2010 at 8:04 PM Post #332 of 334
Quote:

Originally Posted by G_T_J /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Regarding the 'burn-in' process, what do you recommend? One of these programs out there depicting white/pink noise or just letting the IEMs play various kind of music in loop mode?

It doesn't matter what sounds you use for burn in. The idea is just to get the driver moving so that it can loosen up. Just plug them into your iPod and leave them playing music overnight.

Mar 27, 2010 at 11:33 PM Post #333 of 334
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pianist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No problem.
biggrin.gif
I also recommend taking out the foam, and putting it back in but not all the way so that there will remain some space between the foam and the driver. That will let the driver move more air and will improve bass response and soundstage as well.

I did this. When I took the filter off, I found that the foams were not evenly inserted. One side seemed to be deeper than the other. I took them out and pushed both back in so they are just below the opening at equal height. I am also going to agree with the improved bass and soundstage. WIN!

Mar 30, 2010 at 9:25 AM Post #334 of 334
Is it possible to create inserts like the Phonak ones and place them inside for different sound signatures,or indeed would the Phonak ones work?? As a machinist,i think i could do this.
Also,i'm thinking of cutting the the long extended rubber/plastic 'left' and 'right' extensions so that they are only about 2mm and placing the memory material around the revealed cable,do you think this is a good idea?
Is there any type of heat shrink material in production that could be used to eliminate the microphonics in these IEM's?
Thanks guys,i'd appreciate your input.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back