Deal Alert! Head-Direct RE0 $79 for Thanksgiving.
Dec 11, 2009 at 3:40 AM Post #303 of 334
I'm selling mines please PM if interested. US only. It would be a faster turnover.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 11, 2009 at 1:34 PM Post #304 of 334
Quote:

Originally Posted by j2kei /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey toppop, could help but notice you found the single flange tip comfortable. if you think those are comfy, you should definitely try the v-moda tips. ive said it couple times around the forum but seems like no one takes notice. so far, these are the perfect tips for me with the re0. they look like regular tips, however they are slightly thicker and stiffer while maintaining comfort and a good seal. most single flange i use are so thin that when i put them in my ear, they have this "fold" that makes them feel so cheap and an easily broken seal. the v-moda tips have a stiffer material so it actually forms a seal without "folding."

Do you have a source for the V-Moda tips?

Dec 18, 2009 at 3:42 AM Post #305 of 334
quick question - anyone else getting seriously tripped up (re: frustrated) by the insanely sticky chord the newer re0s come with?? These are my first pair of IEMs and I find it rather comical that I'm essentially required to sit completely still because if I move even a muscle the chord catches to some part of me, causing the seal to break (even if only by a little) which totally throws off the grove!

Solutions, thoughts and/or condolences appreciated

Dec 18, 2009 at 3:43 AM Post #306 of 334
Quote:

Originally Posted by wd40 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
quick question - anyone else getting seriously tripped up (re: frustrated) by the insanely sticky chord the newer re0s come with?? These are my first pair of IEMs and I find it rather comical that I'm essentially required to sit completely still because if I move even a muscle the chord catches to some part of me, causing the seal to break (even if only by a little) which totally throws off the grove!

Solutions, thoughts and/or condolences appreciated

Sticky cord?? Is there a film on the jacket, or something? My cord isn't sticky at all...
confused_face.gif

Dec 18, 2009 at 3:48 AM Post #307 of 334
yeah..can you explain what you mean by sticky cord? not sure what that means but ive never had issues with the cord catching on to other stuff

Dec 20, 2009 at 9:45 PM Post #308 of 334
I'm using the Re0 in the gym, and so far, those tips just keep breaking the seal. I'm already missing the yellow E4 foamies, those had a perfect fit the entire workout
frown.gif
sigh ...

Dec 20, 2009 at 10:40 PM Post #310 of 334
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taurui /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm using the Re0 in the gym, and so far, those tips just keep breaking the seal. I'm already missing the yellow E4 foamies, those had a perfect fit the entire workout
frown.gif
sigh ...

Use them on your RE0. I use my old Shure tips on my RE0 and they're far better than the stock tips.

Dec 21, 2009 at 9:16 PM Post #311 of 334
So, from my point of view, their "sale" strategy is to sell a less quality product for the lower price than for the higher one, and call it a sale!? I mean the difference between these pairs (packaging, no pouch, non-cloth cords, etc.) and the last 99usd ones.
confused_face(1).gif
... but its probably still a good price, isn't it?

BTW, will probably soon buy some iems, for shorter trips, where i do not want to take a bag to put my es7s in
L3000.gif
Are the RE0s or the Klipsch S4 closer to the soundsig of the ATs?? Thx...

Dec 21, 2009 at 10:24 PM Post #312 of 334
Quote:

Originally Posted by dwnlder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are the RE0s or the Klipsch S4 closer to the soundsig of the ATs?? Thx...

That's a hard call, IMO -- it will probably depend on what part of the ES7 sound sig you like the best. The ES7 was fairly "cool" sounding to my ear -- the mids were fairly recessed to me. The RE0 is very balanced with neither bass, mids or trebles dominating (some people will say the RE0 trebles are dominant because the bass and mids are very controlled), and has a crazy-amazing level of details. The RE0 has the smoothest AND most extended trebles I've ever heard -- a difficult balance to acheive. The RE0 needs about 120+ hours and an amp to start sounding warmer.

The S4 is a very warm sound IEM, to me. IMO, the S4 bass impact and presence exceeds the ES7 bass; trebles might not be as smooth as the ES7, but they are very strong as well. But the S4 warmness is a contrast to the ES7 coolness, in my book.

Dec 21, 2009 at 10:38 PM Post #313 of 334
How do these re0s compare to the ie8s? Different/smaller/larger sound sig? More/less bass?

Dec 22, 2009 at 4:13 AM Post #314 of 334
Quote:

Originally Posted by ceekay84 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do these re0s compare to the ie8s? Different/smaller/larger sound sig? More/less bass?

RE0 has less upper bass than IE8 and thus a more linear and balanced low end response. IE8 portrays the lowest sub bass better, but RE0 is no slouch either and can do 30-40 Hz without any problems. Some people even claim that RE0 can go below 30 Hz, but I cannot hear such low frequencies, so I can't confirm. Bass quality is great on RE0 - the lows are highly detailed, tight and punchy when the fit is right. IE8 has tighter bass, but RE0 is sufficiently tight. Overall, I think both are really great. IE8 also has better dynamics, more texture/micro-detail, and a bigger soundstage while RE0 has better, cleaner treble.

Dec 22, 2009 at 4:52 PM Post #315 of 334
i had to take advantage of the sale. snatched up my RE0's just a second ago on Amazon. ill be getting them a few days after christmas. im so pumped!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back