Deal Alert! Head-Direct RE0 $79 for Thanksgiving.
Nov 14, 2009 at 2:56 AM Post #61 of 334
not exactly Hurryup because the RE0s have things to offer the eternas don't. It will on depend on what exactly the consumer is looking for. For balance and good tonality the RE0s at this price are a steal.

Nov 14, 2009 at 3:30 AM Post #62 of 334
Quote:

Originally Posted by hurryup /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It ain't gona be a good deal no more once the Fischer Audio Eterna comes out.

Yep.. turned obsolete overnight just like the AD700s.

Nov 14, 2009 at 3:31 AM Post #63 of 334
Quote:

Originally Posted by hurryup /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It ain't gona be a good deal no more once the Fischer Audio Eterna comes out.

ClieOS has repeated multiple times that the Eterna is good for completely different reasons. You can't really compare the two as they're not meant to do the same thing. The Eterna are musically oriented, why the RE0 are detail oriented.

Nov 14, 2009 at 3:40 AM Post #64 of 334
Bass definitely is different from my IE6. Bass drum does not thump, but you can hear the mallet contact the drum itself if you focus on that. Bass guitar notes actually come through instead of the tone dead vibrations that come through on what ive heard before. Rush's Moving Pictures is an absolute joy because of the details...

Nov 14, 2009 at 3:44 AM Post #65 of 334
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sorry this is off topic but which headphones replaced them (been thinking about buying ad700's).

Nov 14, 2009 at 5:52 AM Post #69 of 334
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm with dreadful here. I was also considering getting them--what set of cans turned these obsolete?

Nov 14, 2009 at 6:38 AM Post #70 of 334
I've read about comparisons with these and the SE530, TF10, UM3x and ER4, and the RE0 always compares reasonably well. I've never heard any of the aforementioned " big-name" earphones but I'm just curious to know what kind of price these would be at if they were from a more establised brand.

The RE0 has for now, cured my desire to upgrade but now I seemed to have focused more on improving the RE0 with a better amp, source etc. so this hasn't really saved me money at all
frown.gif

Nov 14, 2009 at 7:53 PM Post #72 of 334
Quote:

Originally Posted by ocZZ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also, anyone pick up the E1 amp to go with this? if so, how does it sound?

Yeah, would this make a big difference - the $22 pricetag leads me to think no ?

Nov 14, 2009 at 8:20 PM Post #73 of 334
how long did u guys have to wait to get a tracking number?

been a couple days so just wondering

Nov 14, 2009 at 9:45 PM Post #74 of 334
Quote:

Originally Posted by rawrster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how long did u guys have to wait to get a tracking number?

been a couple days so just wondering

I ordered on the 10th. I got my email confirmation on the 11th with a tracking number. When I went to the USPS site no information was available as of yesterday 13th.

Well Friday the 13th bit me in the arse. Today I check and have all the tracking information including the note that the RE0s were in town on Friday but routed incorrectly! They will deliver on Monday, but crap. I could have had them plugged in at the office to burn in over the weekend. Now I'll have to do that next week.

Nov 14, 2009 at 9:54 PM Post #75 of 334
hmm guess ill send them an email on Monday if I didnt get anything in the mail today. I figured it was just because I was in the same area as where they ship it from but will see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back