Deal Alert! Head-Direct RE0 $79 for Thanksgiving.
Nov 10, 2009 at 2:47 AM Post #16 of 334
Ding! Just checked out with Paypal. I've read alot about these and how high value they are. Well I doubt there are many IEMs that can boast 100%+ price drop in their lifespan. And even for their 199$ Price they were good.

I don't think you can go wrong with this purchase. If you already got it or don't want it yourself, grab one for a friend or family(christmas is closing in!)

Coming from PFE myself, so these will be my 2nd IEMs ever. I'm very anxious to compare them!

Nov 10, 2009 at 2:51 AM Post #17 of 334
Hmm, I just picked up IE7s but am reaaalllyy tempted to pull the trigger on these too, hmm...

Nov 10, 2009 at 2:53 AM Post #18 of 334
im guessing they will last till thanksgiving since it is a thanksgiving sale? but considering they still had their summer sale..who knows ;p

Nov 10, 2009 at 3:51 AM Post #21 of 334
I just ordered Maximo iM-590s last Friday, but at $84 shipped, I couldn't resist. I'm in for a pair before they come to their senses.

Nov 10, 2009 at 4:49 AM Post #22 of 334
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kfcounts /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just ordered Maximo iM-590s last Friday, but at $84 shipped, I couldn't resist. I'm in for a pair before they come to their senses.

*CEO of HeadDirect at the board meeting, leans back and strokes his beard with a smirk on his face and says : Let's make the audiophiles an offer they can't refuse Mwhahahaha[Evil Laughter]*

Nov 10, 2009 at 4:52 AM Post #23 of 334
Quote:

Originally Posted by Laokid18 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lowering the price of the RE0 again? Head Direct is awesome! also guessing this means the new flagship will be released soon.

What's the name will the new flagship be? already RE0, then RE-1?
biggrin.gif

I was starting a new search for A/Bing Yuin ok2 with RE0 in this forums yesterday. But today, I ordered the RE0, just cannot resist the new price.

Nov 10, 2009 at 5:47 AM Post #24 of 334
Quote:

Originally Posted by mudhole /img/forum/go_quote.gif
biggrin.gif

Ahem...

Quote:

I was starting a new search for A/Bing Yuin ok2 with RE0 in this forums yesterday. But today, I ordered the RE0, just cannot resist the new price.

How do you "A/B" by searching in a forum??
confused_face(1).gif

Nov 10, 2009 at 3:13 PM Post #26 of 334
Quote:

Originally Posted by TopPop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ahem...

How do you "A/B" by searching in a forum??
confused_face(1).gif

He did not A/B test it himself, he was searching for a tread where someone had done it.
smily_headphones1.gif

I bought the RE0 for 100$ and I was overwhelmed by the sound you could get for the price. At 79$ it is just ridiculous.

Nov 10, 2009 at 3:16 PM Post #27 of 334
I'm in the process of replacing some broken e530's and decided to go with the ie7's based on reviews. Would it also be worth picking up a pair of these to see how they do? from what I've read it's really recommended you power these with an amp? how will they sound using an iphone?

Nov 10, 2009 at 3:54 PM Post #28 of 334
Quote:

biggrin.gif

HD's naming structure is not very logical. The RE0 came out after the RE1, so it was the flagship IEM based on price. But now, the RE252 will be out shortly, at $199, taking over that position. As noted above, the RE1 and the RE0 are on sale for $79, but the RE0 is rated higher by those who have heard both. Funniest thing is the RE2 is the lowest-priced HD IEM, but has the highest number to date, and came out ahead of the other two RE IEMs.

Nov 10, 2009 at 5:27 PM Post #30 of 334
Quote:

Originally Posted by ocZZ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm in the process of replacing some broken e530's and decided to go with the ie7's based on reviews. Would it also be worth picking up a pair of these to see how they do? from what I've read it's really recommended you power these with an amp? how will they sound using an iphone?

I have an iPod Touch and keep the volume at about 33% and it's plenty loud

Users who are viewing this thread

Back