Deal Alert: Black Etymotic MC5 $55 [NYC only]
Sep 12, 2010 at 7:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

rawrster

Headphoneus Supremus
So I was at J&R in Manhattan, NY today looking at some earphones and another product when I saw a black Etymotic MC5 for $49.99 plus tax which makes it $54 and change so effectively a $55 product. On the display it said it was one of those deals that are not advertised so I don't think you can get it online but I didn't check but this is 37.5% off or so for those who are in the NYC area and interested in this. There were only 2 on display but a bunch in the back probably. I would call before to find out of course however.

Sep 13, 2010 at 12:13 AM Post #3 of 7
Thanks for the  info @ rawrster. Now I need to find a NY friend to pick a pair up for me. That is a great deal!!

Sep 14, 2010 at 9:51 PM Post #4 of 7
I picked up a pair of MC5's for $55 shipped from JR online and they have already been shipped.  You just need to call the 1-800-806-1115 JR customer service number, tell them a friend purchased them in-store for $50 and they will match the price.  They will refer to your order as item ER7-MC5-(whatever color).     

The customer service rep said the in-store and online sales are seperate divisions, so sometimes promotions only appear on one and not the other.  Online will match in-store prices if there are price discrepancies, even if you live out of state.  I may have been able to purchase them for $50 shipped, but I thought the sales price was $55, not the actual $50.

Thanks for the heads up rawrster!

Sep 21, 2010 at 2:02 PM Post #5 of 7
Thanks for this deal alert, rawrster. I just bought two pairs of MC5s (black) from J&R for $49.99 each with free shipping to Florida. I tried to buy a blue pair but the J&R rep said the sale price was $69.99 for blue ones. I had him try the blacks and got this fab price.

He told me this $49.99 sale had expired but that he'd honor it for me. That's when I doubled my order.

Sep 21, 2010 at 11:27 PM Post #7 of 7
Well the website advertises them at $69, which is still $10 cheaper than MSRP I believe even though it says call or add to cart for the real price since they can't advertise below MSRP. It was enough to get me to pull the trigger on something I was considering buying anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back