dCS Bartok
May 12, 2021 at 4:22 PM Post #826 of 2,050
At $22k, the Berkeley reference 3 better be amazing (I'm sure it is). But at the price it should be compared to the Rossini instead of the Bartok. I don't think the ref 3 has a built in streamer/Roon endpoint and appropriate cables/power supply either...so add that to the price and you get to the territory of a Rossini+clock.
I've thought of it. I'm also on that verge of burnout. Quite happy and playing with final headphone rounds.

May 12, 2021 at 4:43 PM Post #827 of 2,050
I've thought of it. I'm also on that verge of burnout. Quite happy and playing with final headphone rounds.
Yeah, I would keep the reference 3 for sure! By all accounts it's one of the best DACs in the world.
I'm approaching final headphone rounds too, so hope to just sit back and enjoy soon, without thinking of the next upgrade for a while.

May 12, 2021 at 4:45 PM Post #828 of 2,050
Yeah, I would keep the reference 3 for sure! By all accounts it's one of the best DACs in the world.
I'm approaching final headphone rounds too, so hope to just sit back and enjoy soon, without thinking of the next upgrade for a while.
The illusion of endgame and enjoyment. 🤣

May 12, 2021 at 7:31 PM Post #829 of 2,050
May 12, 2021 at 7:35 PM Post #830 of 2,050
how would you possibly know what I could or could not afford?
Because you are constantly bitching at me about ruining the market of your valued goods. :laughing:

May 12, 2021 at 8:34 PM Post #831 of 2,050
Really?...hmmmm...

May 12, 2021 at 8:45 PM Post #833 of 2,050
indeed you do and I most definitely believe that buying a product for say 4500 and selling it a month later for 3000 does indeed destroy the resale value for everyone else who cannot afford to take these large loses as you do...that said it says absolutely nothing about my ability to afford different products...also the dealer is not particularly happy either...but whatever

May 12, 2021 at 8:58 PM Post #834 of 2,050
indeed you do and I most definitely believe that buying a product for say 4500 and selling it a month later for 3000 does indeed destroy the resale value for everyone else who cannot afford to take these large loses as you do...that said it says absolutely nothing about my ability to afford different products...also the dealer is not particularly happy either...but whatever
You are such a clueless dolt. Don't be obscure. I bought the Bakoon for $5300 and sold it for $4200. While the dealer offered me $3700.

I gave an Head-Fi'er one heck of a deal!

Mind your business, worry about your finances. 🤣

Or keep your nose shoved so far up my ass.

Your choice.

May 12, 2021 at 10:10 PM Post #835 of 2,050
what a pleasant fellow you are

May 13, 2021 at 4:55 AM Post #836 of 2,050
Looks quite normal to me tho.
Not sealed and unused anymore ->30% less value is pretty Standard.

May 16, 2021 at 5:07 AM Post #837 of 2,050
So spoke with my local dCS dealer and will be getting Bartók to demo at home next week. Plan to drive Abyss AB-1266 Phi TC with it, which I know won't be that easy as most recommend more powerful amplifiers. However, when I asked Joe from Abyss, he said that it has sufficient enough drive so I should be good. How has been your experience? Anyone using all-in-one Bartók with their AB-1266, or did you end up getting an amplifier of similar caliber (WA33, Bakoon, Formula S+P, Luxman, Vivo) in the end anyway? Thanks!

May 16, 2021 at 5:09 AM Post #838 of 2,050
Looking forward to your Bartok impressions!

re: the amp... U just know you're going to be curious.. Ha ha!

May 16, 2021 at 5:19 AM Post #839 of 2,050
So spoke with my local dCS dealer and will be getting Bartók to demo at home next week. Plan to drive Abyss AB-1266 Phi TC with it, which I know won't be that easy as most recommend more powerful amplifiers. However, when I asked Joe from Abyss, he said that it has sufficient enough drive so I should be good. How has been your experience? Anyone using all-in-one Bartók with their AB-1266, or did you end up getting an amplifier of similar caliber (WA33, Bakoon, Formula S+P, Luxman, Vivo) in the end anyway? Thanks!
Quite a jump there my friend! Not too long ago it was Romi BX2+ 😁 I hope you have a blast with the Bartok 👍🏼

May 16, 2021 at 5:42 AM Post #840 of 2,050
Looking forward to your Bartok impressions!

re: the amp... U just know you're going to be curious.. Ha ha!
Haha, I know what you mean. Really trying to build as simple system as possible (the least amount of components), went from 5k to 10k (where I am right now), tried 15k (adding M Scaler, did not hear enough difference, read here and here), now with dCS Bartók it will become essentially 20k, an alternative would be Chord Dave with XI Audio Formula S or Bakoon AMP 13R. But, if Bartók can carry me sufficiently at 20k budget (while including a streamer), the next step would be 30k budget down the line, then I can see how Riviera/WooAudio compares.

Quite a jump there my friend! Not too long ago it was Romi BX2+ 😁 I hope you have a blast with the Bartok 👍🏼
I know, right?! Life has been good for me, but in order to commit any significant sum of money into any of my hobbies, I feel I need to first listen to it and see "how much" it adds. I have no doubt it adds more, it is just that it may not add "enough" for the jump in price, if you know what I mean. I learned this with photography hobby years ago, even with an unlimited budget, I wouldn't benefit from higher gear than my level, as I simply do not have the skill. I feel similarly about audio equipment :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back