DC Area Head-Fi Meet - Saturday, November 1, 2014
Sep 22, 2014 at 4:24 PM Post #62 of 190
Yeah, the th-900's and RS2i's are definitely going to come with me, and if I get my own place before the meet I've got a small-ish pile of cash saved for buying other shiny things I've had my eye on. MY mom would not take kindly to how much stuff I have as it is, so I've been holding off.

Sep 22, 2014 at 7:22 PM Post #63 of 190
Yeah, the th-900's and RS2i's are definitely going to come with me, and if I get my own place before the meet I've got a small-ish pile of cash saved for buying other shiny things I've had my eye on. MY mom would not take kindly to how much stuff I have as it is, so I've been holding off.

Oo, TH-900, been meaning to listen to those too.

Sep 22, 2014 at 8:32 PM Post #64 of 190
I'm thinking of coming to what would be my first meet.  I don't yet have anything all that exciting (see my signature).  I do plan (85% --- still need to mention it to my wife -- my oldest kid has already put in a strong 'no' having observed my time on HF) to get the Schiit Rag, but I don't expect it to show up by Nov. 1.  Also might be a bit heavy to drag to a meet.  But I'd be interested in trying it out with other headphones than my HD650 and LCD-X.   Hoping the LCD-X improves significantly with the Rag, otherwise I'm selling it for something else.  

Sep 22, 2014 at 8:51 PM Post #65 of 190
  I'm thinking of coming to what would be my first meet.  I don't yet have anything all that exciting (see my signature).  I do plan (85% --- still need to mention it to my wife -- my oldest kid has already put in a strong 'no' having observed my time on HF) to get the Schiit Rag, but I don't expect it to show up by Nov. 1.  Also might be a bit heavy to drag to a meet.  But I'd be interested in trying it out with other headphones than my HD650 and LCD-X.   Hoping the LCD-X improves significantly with the Rag, otherwise I'm selling it for something else.  

You've already got a better DAC than I do, and probably a better amp (except for when I get the tub in my ember matched juuuuuust right with the cans I'm using), and top-tier cans (LCD-X), and you say you don't have anything exciting? I don;t really know what to say, other than if you do sell the LCD-X's, tell me and I'll find the cash to take them off your hands.

Sep 22, 2014 at 8:56 PM Post #66 of 190

You've already got a better DAC than I do, and probably a better amp (except for when I get the tub in my ember matched juuuuuust right with the cans I'm using), and top-tier cans (LCD-X), and you say you don't have anything exciting? I don;t really know what to say, other than if you do sell the LCD-X's, tell me and I'll find the cash to take them off your hands.

By 'exciting' I mean rare enough to be interesting.  I'm not complaining...just trying to get context and I don't want to drag stuff in if it is not of interest.  As I wrote, 'first time'.  Also don't want to be ripped off...

Sep 22, 2014 at 9:02 PM Post #67 of 190
  By 'exciting' I mean rare enough to be interesting.  I'm not complaining...just trying to get context and I don't want to drag stuff in if it is not of interest.  As I wrote, 'first time'.  Also don't want to be ripped off...

Anything that isn't available for me to audition in a store or anywhere but a meet or a show is rare enough to be interesting I think.

Sep 22, 2014 at 9:23 PM Post #68 of 190
Well, we'll all get to try out cool stuff, show off our stuff, and talk about stuff, so I think it will be fun regardless.

Sep 30, 2014 at 12:41 PM Post #72 of 190
Alright, I've got my transportation situation pretty much sorted out now, so I'll definitely be at the meet. I've also picked up a pair of Beyer T1's, and they will be making an appearance at the meet.

Sep 30, 2014 at 3:05 PM Post #73 of 190
Alright, I've got my transportation situation pretty much sorted out now, so I'll definitely be at the meet. I've also picked up a pair of Beyer T1's, and they will be making an appearance at the meet.

Sweet!
Will you be bringing a Ragnarok as well?
wink_face.gif

Sep 30, 2014 at 3:08 PM Post #74 of 190

Sweet!
Will you be bringing a Ragnarok as well?
wink_face.gif

Ah, I see you've been lurking on the Ragnarok thread, how sneaky of you. Yes, I'll bring it (if it has arrived by then), but I won't be bringing my source becasue a) my primary source is a 40 lb computer in an ATX full tower form factor, and b) my uberfrost doesn't have the usb board.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back