DC Area Head-Fi Meet - George Mason Regional Library - SUNDAY. APRIL 12, 2015 Noon-5 pm
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 4, 2015 at 4:41 PM Post #46 of 242

speakers? I have biggest of them all........ HE-6 
L3000.gif

the amp is only for HE-6, I do not have any other speakers.

If I remember correctly you had the modded HE-6 through the Krell at the last meet.  I was curious what mods have you done to your HE-6s?

Mar 4, 2015 at 6:20 PM Post #47 of 242
If you don't have any equipment, but want to try stuff out, is this the appropriate way to do that? don't want to step on anyone's toes or abuse the system but would like to see what is out there. recently lost a pair of SE535 (I am very sad right now because of this) and looking to upgrade soon.

Mar 4, 2015 at 6:25 PM Post #48 of 242
If you don't have any equipment, but want to try stuff out, is this the appropriate way to do that? don't want to step on anyone's toes or abuse the system but would like to see what is out there. recently lost a pair of SE535 (I am very sad right now because of this) and looking to upgrade soon.
Yes, it is!

Mar 5, 2015 at 12:55 AM Post #50 of 242
Ha awesome. I will try to convince my better half but she usually doesn't go for this sort of thing. maybe i will tell her there is free beer lol
I'll give her a cold beer to go. Or drink a couple before you arrive. Sadly, the library doesn't allow us to have alcohol there.
Women often/usually have better hearing than men. Tell her she will be a very respected listener there.

Mar 9, 2015 at 9:06 PM Post #52 of 242
anyone plan on bringing a set of super high end CIEM's? I realize the custom nature of this kind of thing means that I won't get the best benefit, but i'd LOVE to try or even see a pair of noble k-10, UE18, jh roxanne etc etc. hell even a super high end pair of universals like the shure 846 would be good enough...

Mar 11, 2015 at 9:24 PM Post #55 of 242
Is it this: http://www.diyaudioblog.com/2013/05/bottlehead-crack-coppermine-edition.html
Looking forward to hearing it. :)

Mar 12, 2015 at 6:17 PM Post #57 of 242
Hi,

I am new to audiophile and will love to join the meet. One quick question: is there a hygiene concern regarding to the headphones? As we know headphones are quite a personal item. Putting on others headphones, as well as having others putting on your headphone could be a bit of sanitary concern for some people. I know some may be more sensitive to this, other any see it as a non-issue. Is there some kind of hygiene veil/tissue that could be used to cover the headphone pads for this purpose?

Mar 12, 2015 at 6:33 PM Post #58 of 242
Hi,

I am new to audiophile and will love to join the meet. One quick question: is there a [COLOR=222222]hygiene[/COLOR] concern regarding to the headphones? As we know headphones are quite a personal item. Putting on others headphones, as well as having others putting on your headphone could be a bit of sanitary concern for some people. I know some may be more sensitive to this, other any see it as a non-issue. Is there some kind of [COLOR=222222]hygiene[/COLOR] veil/tissue that could be used to cover the headphone pads for this purpose?

See post #1 by Barry S in this thread. And bring your own protection if you like.

Mar 16, 2015 at 11:47 PM Post #60 of 242
Hi all,

I'm looking to sample some headphones around $200 and under.

If anyone has one of the following, could you bring them?  AKG K701/702, Shure SRH440/840, Beyer DT770/880/990 or anything you think that might be in that mid range?

I can bring:  Grado SR60's, ATH M-50's, and a Fiio E7 USB DAC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back