DC Area Head-Fi Meet - George Mason Regional Library - SUNDAY. APRIL 12, 2015 Noon-5 pm
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 17, 2015 at 5:59 PM Post #61 of 242
I will be attending this and bringing my daughter (she'll be in her stroller most of the time). I plan to bring my X2 and TH900. Let me know if there are other cans you want me to bring.

Mar 17, 2015 at 6:48 PM Post #62 of 242
Are there any confirmed electrostat amps at the meet? I'll bring my stax 507 or 404LE if there is going to be something to drive them.

Mar 18, 2015 at 3:52 PM Post #64 of 242

Think you can fit that AuralicTaurus in the stroller, too?

No I'm sorry I can't, my wife needs me to take my daughter with me or else I would bring my whole main rig (including the Taurus).  Given that, I also won't be able to stay long either.  I will however be having another mini-meet, at my house in Ashburn, sometime this Spring/Summer and will be more than happy to send you an invite if you're interested?  I also plan to be at CAF and will be bringing my main setup with me Taurus (along with my dad) so you can check it out there.  I'll let you know if I change my mind of course.

Mar 18, 2015 at 4:42 PM Post #65 of 242
  No I'm sorry I can't, my wife needs me to take my daughter with me or else I would bring my whole main rig (including the Taurus).  Given that, I also won't be able to stay long either.  I will however be having another mini-meet, at my house in Ashburn, sometime this Spring/Summer and will be more than happy to send you an invite if you're interested?  I also plan to be at CAF and will be bringing my main setup with me Taurus (along with my dad) so you can check it out there.  I'll let you know if I change my mind of course.

Ahh, cool--as a father myself, I understand. Would appreciate an invite to your mini-meet, but I'll definitely be at CAF.

Mar 18, 2015 at 5:14 PM Post #66 of 242
I skimmed the list, don't know if anyone has chimed in yet but I can bring the Audeze 3's, and the Sennheiser 800s. Both have upgraded cables. For sources, I can bring a Mytek (if you all haven't all heard it by now) but I also have the Oppo HA-1 that I haven't even setup yet. Also have a PS Audio Sprout that is small enough that it would be easy to bring, and it's nice because it does Bluetooth as well as the USB. Let me know if there are real preferences because I'd rather bring either the Mytek or the Oppo (and then the Sprout which will fit in my pocket). 

I'll start burning in the Oppo in anticipation.....

John P

Mar 19, 2015 at 9:40 AM Post #67 of 242

Think you can fit that AuralicTaurus in the stroller, too?

Did you wanna compare my Taurus to your Ragnorak?  You've peaked my interest and I would love to compare the two.  In fact a comparison sounds like a lot of fun to do and maybe even do a write up afterward.  Ok the force is strong with you and you have jedi mind-tricked me into bringing my Taurus with my TH900s (gonna leave the X2s at home then so I have less to carry)!  I'm excited to hear the difference (I forgot you and smitty both have the Ragnorak).

**Fixed some grammar/typos

Mar 19, 2015 at 10:02 AM Post #68 of 242
  Did you wanna compare my Taurus to your Ragnorak?  You've peaked my interest and I would love to compare the two.  In fact a comparison sounds like a lot of fun to do and maybe even do a write up afterward.  Ok the force is strong with you and you have jedi mind-tricked me into bringing my Taurus with my TH900s (gonna leave the X2s at home then so I have less to carry)!  I'm excited to hear the difference (I forgot you and smitty both have the Ragnorak).

**Fixed some grammar/typos

My years of training on Dagobah appear to have paid off. Yes, Rag-Taurus would be a cool comparison. Happy help you unload/load your car. Do what's reasonable though--we can always do the comparo later.

Mar 19, 2015 at 10:09 AM Post #69 of 242

My years of training on Dagobah appear to have paid off. Yes, Rag-Taurus would be a cool comparison. Happy help you unload/load your car. Do what's reasonable though--we can always do the comparo later.

I still can only stay for an hour or two but I don't mind spending most of my time comparing the two.  It actually sounds like a ton of fun!  My daughter might even want to get a listen as she does from time to time at home.

Mar 19, 2015 at 10:21 AM Post #70 of 242

I'm really interested in comparing the SE outputs on both given that's what I use mainly with my Taurus (I have yet to pick up a balanced cable for any of my headphones).  I did loan the HE-6 and listened to them on my Taurus via Balanced.

Mar 19, 2015 at 6:31 PM Post #71 of 242
Rag, Taurus, KSA5 clone.....single ended comparison would be fun. I always wanted to hear the Taurus....and I think my case is a Taurus wannabe:

I've also got parts in the mail today and boards in route for something a little different.....hoping I can pull it off in time (it might not be cased well though). :)

I'm really interested in comparing the SE outputs on both given that's what I use mainly with my Taurus (I have yet to pick up a balanced cable for any of my headphones).  I did loan the HE-6 and listened to them on my Taurus via Balanced.

Mar 19, 2015 at 6:41 PM Post #72 of 242
Rag, Taurus, KSA5 clone.....single ended comparison would be fun. I always wanted to hear the Taurus....and I think my close case is a Taurus wannabe:

I've also got parts in the mail today and boards in route for something a little different.....hoping I can pull it off in time (it might not be cased well though).
smily_headphones1.gif

That's sound even better!

Mar 19, 2015 at 9:55 PM Post #73 of 242

Plug your HE-6, to Krell amp I would be bring there, it will be fun comparing them on speaker vs headphone amp

Mar 19, 2015 at 9:56 PM Post #74 of 242

Plug your HE-6, to Krell amp I would be bring there, it will be fun comparing them on speaker vs headphone amp

I don't have the HE-6 as I had to return it after a week back to TheCableCo.  I was unimpressed with it but I hear it sounds much better on a speaker amp.

Mar 19, 2015 at 11:53 PM Post #75 of 242

I don't have the HE-6 as I had to return it after a week back to TheCableCo.  I was unimpressed with it but I hear it sounds much better on a speaker amp.

you can use mine. I am looking forward to try HE-6 on Rag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back