DC Area Head-Fi Meet - April 15, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 13, 2017 at 4:43 PM Post #31 of 67
I'm going to try and make this one. If I can get there,  I can bring a some oldies but goodies:

Sennheiser HE-90
Sony R-10
AKG K-1000
Stax Omega 2 Mk.1 
Denon D-7000

Somebody is already bring a Focal Utopia, so I won't (but can if need be).

If I can find it, I can bring a Jecklin Float also.  If that happens, anyone who tries it has to agree to be photographed wearing it.

Apr 13, 2017 at 7:47 PM Post #32 of 67
I'm going to try and make this one. If I can get there,  I can bring a some oldies but goodies:

Sennheiser HE-90
Sony R-10
AKG K-1000
Stax Omega 2 Mk.1 
Denon D-7000

If I can find it, I can bring a Jecklin Float also.  If that happens, anyone who tries it has to agree to be photographed wearing it.

Sir, you have an amazing collection of top headphones.

Apr 13, 2017 at 8:39 PM Post #33 of 67
Thanks for setting this up! I live nearby but have family over from out of town.  If i can sneak out (or bring them along :) would anyone be interested in:
Audeze LCD XC, Chord Mojo, Centrance DACPort or Shure SE846? 

Apr 13, 2017 at 8:50 PM Post #34 of 67

Sennheiser HE-90
Sony R-10
AKG K-1000
Stax Omega 2 Mk.1 
Denon D-7000

If I can find it, I can bring a Jecklin Float also.  If that happens, anyone who tries it has to agree to be photographed wearing 

Sir, you have an amazing collection of top headphones.

Seriously, wow, that is an unbelievable stable of cans. I hope you can make it because I would love to spend listen to pretty much all of them. I'm happy to mug for the camera :p

Apr 13, 2017 at 9:49 PM Post #35 of 67
Holy Cow! I didn't know about this! I think I'll attend!

I'll bring

Headphones:
Focal Elear
HiFiMAN HE-400i
Sennheiser HD6XX

(can bring a pair of DT880 600 and/or K7XX if people are interested too. Will only bring the above if no one is interested in these)

Amplifcation/Source:

Schiit Jotunheim w/Balanced DAC module
Oppo HA-2
Centrence Dacport LX 

Should be fun!

Apr 13, 2017 at 10:20 PM Post #36 of 67
Just saw this.  I have relatives coming into town this weekend, so I'm not sure if I can make it or if I could bring anything if I am able to stop by.  I don't have anything too exotic and most of my gear looks like it will already be represented though.

Apr 13, 2017 at 10:46 PM Post #38 of 67
I will be there if I can make it, only no earlier than 3pm.

I can bring Focal Utopias, Focal Spirit Pro, Beyerdynamics DT770 Pro if anyone is interested, Audio-GD NFB1-AMP. Space and time permitting, also Metric Halo ULN2 configured as a DAC.

Apr 14, 2017 at 3:22 AM Post #39 of 67
If i attend I bring:

Ether C Flow
HD800 Modded and painted :)
He400i
Alpha Primes

Mica Origen 

Apr 14, 2017 at 10:58 AM Post #40 of 67
I also can make it no earlier than 3pm.

If I do get to make it, I'll definitely bring,
HE560 with Focus a pads
HD800 (sdr)
LCD2F

And others I may bring (not all),
Bimby
Bottlehead Crack with speedball
(Knowing there already might be a few others, I'll only bring if anyone is interested in a Brimar CV4003 & Tungsol 5998 setup)
Gustard H10 (with Burson V5i opamps)
Audeze Deckard

Apr 14, 2017 at 11:33 AM Post #41 of 67
WOW!!!

So you have the greatest of all greatest headphones!! 

2 questions

Question : Are you still tempted to buy headphones? 

Question: Out of them all which one is KIng of kings? 

Apr 14, 2017 at 12:54 PM Post #42 of 67
Wow, I just saw this. I hope I can make it. I only have a small portable kit with me at the moment but...

If I can make it, I can bring my:

Cascadia Audio Talos

and my

ALO National 

Really looking forward to hearing/seeing the Jotunheim, Mojo, Ether C's, Primes, Stax and more and more!

@h2rulz I'm not 100% that I'll make it but if I can I'd be interested to see your Crack build 

Apr 14, 2017 at 4:19 PM Post #44 of 67
I will be there (i'm pretty sure) with some stuff:
      T70's (250 ohm) w/ pleather earpads (@sorrick might be interested in trying the pads on his)
      HD 480 II

DIY OTL amp (I'm pretty sure I've figured out what's causing the hum, but still need to fix it: the 14f7 input tube is VERY sensitive to AC in the heaters, so it'll be heated with batteries or a 12v wall wart)
      Schiit magni 2 uber

as far as DAC's are concerned, I'm not sure what i'm doing yet because I have no DAPs or USB DAC's, plus I don't have a laptop to use as a source. I might use a blu-ray player or a raspberry pi w/ a pidac module running volumio 

Edit: DC heater didn't fix it. 
frown.gif
 Next on the list of potential causes is my PSU resistors, whish are cheap-@$$ inductive wirewounds (not non-inductive) They are probably picking up stray EMI from the massive toriodial trafo. At least, that fits the measurements. Unfortunately, fixing that means buying new resistors, and they won't be here until Monday or Tuesday. I'm still hoping to find a ground loop, though.

Apr 14, 2017 at 10:41 PM Post #45 of 67
  I will be there if I can make it, only no earlier than 3pm.

I can bring Focal Utopias, Focal Spirit Pro, Beyerdynamics DT770 Pro if anyone is interested, Audio-GD NFB1-AMP. Space and time permitting, also Metric Halo ULN2 configured as a DAC.

Although I'll probably be there late if I do make it, I am very interested in the NFB1.
And is it safe to assume that @gandhisfist (btw, thanks for organizing the meet!) will be bringing the NFB27h?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back