DBA-02 v ER 4P/S v HF5 for Electronic/Rock Music
Dec 13, 2010 at 8:34 PM Post #31 of 37

Quote:
Quote:
Ety isolation is definitely crazy the DBA is all you need trust me, if you find yourself needing more...I'd be surprised.

It depends on your environment and where you will be using them. I had the DBA-02 and I'd rather take the isolation on my customs than the DBA-02.

To each is own I'd take DBA over ETY any day, it's to much, I literally disappeared from the train. No sound at all, with the DBA a slight rumble. DBA any day, ETY tries to block mountains dropping.

Dec 13, 2010 at 9:19 PM Post #32 of 37
for me DBA -02 provided me with enough isolation using the stock tri-flange buds... and its comfortable enough for u to sleep with it...

Dec 14, 2010 at 2:19 AM Post #33 of 37
6 straight hours on a flight two weeks ago, the DBA's (with Comply P-types, trimmed) kept out the noise. Nearly silent with them in. Absolute comfort and great sound too.

The UM2's did the pretty much the same thing for the flight there, but they are a bit more bulky... Similar isolation.

Dec 14, 2010 at 2:52 AM Post #34 of 37
Hey shane , have you tried any other tips with the DBA's ?  l was thinking of trying the TX series when l get mine.
How much did you trim off the Comply 9's and from which end mate?

Cheers Ken

Dec 14, 2010 at 12:55 PM Post #35 of 37
Top.....and for the record comply's come from hell. TF all day every day or stocks...
rolleyes.gif

Dec 14, 2010 at 2:06 PM Post #36 of 37

Quote:
Hey shane , have you tried any other tips with the DBA's ?  l was thinking of trying the TX series when l get mine.
How much did you trim off the Comply 9's and from which end mate?

Cheers Ken

Confispect is right. You trim off the overhang... the part that goes into your ear first. You trim it flat, and down to the core (the black plastic).
I have not tried the TX, but use the T-100 when I don't want as much isolation.

Yes, I have tried many other type of flanged tips, but I can not wear them. I can only wear foamies...

Dec 15, 2010 at 10:48 PM Post #37 of 37
Thanks , l'll see how the stock tips go for a start when l get my DBA's , then go from there.
At work l use foamies for noise isolation in preference to the supplied silicone flange jobs , so l'm guessing l'll be probably going that route with the IEM's as well

Cheers ken

Users who are viewing this thread

Back