Dayton Meet on March 27th
Mar 16, 2010 at 12:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 72

Bubu1

100+ Head-Fier
How many of you in the Dayton area are available for a meet on March 27th. I would like to host the meet at WSU. The good news is that there will be no parking or room fees! This is the first meet I am hosting and I would appreciate any suggestions that will help to make this meet as enjoyable as possible. For example, how long should the meet last? Does 10-5 seem to be enough time for a meet?

Please post if you are available on that day and what equipment you can bring.

I will bring several Headroom amps and DACS, AKG K702 and HD800's.

Hopefully this is not too short notice!!

Cheers,
Tom

Mar 16, 2010 at 1:15 AM Post #2 of 72
Tom,

We'll give it a try but it may be too soon to give notice.

Singlepower Extreme Platinum, Xin Macro IV (8620)

CAL Sigma II tube dac

Multi disc player

Isolation transformer, VD Power 1, Red Dawn ICs

Various CDs (classic rock)

K-701, RS-1

David

Mar 16, 2010 at 1:22 AM Post #3 of 72
Tom, Where at WSU will the meet be, what building? I think I'll be able to make it. What do you need in the way of equipment?? besides my HD650s...and disc!!!! let us know...thanks, duke

Mar 16, 2010 at 1:29 AM Post #4 of 72
Duke,
Depending on the number of people, there is a conference room that can probably accommodate 10 people. If we have more than that, there is a lab that I teach in that can hold up to 25 people. The only downside to the lab is that we cannot have food or drink in that space. I don't know that I actually need any specific equipment, just anything that you would be willing to share.
Tom

Mar 16, 2010 at 2:39 AM Post #6 of 72
I may be good for the 27th as well. It's beginning to warm up so a nice ride followed by good music sounds like just the ticket.

I would bring:

Resolution Audio Opus 21 CDP
Eddie Current Zana Deux
HiFiMan EF5 amp
HifiMan HE-5 Ortho's
Grado RS1
Nuforce [size=medium][size=x-small]µDAC[/size][/size]
[size=medium][size=x-small]Audio Technica ATH-FC700[/size][/size]
[size=medium][size=x-small]Acer Aspire One netbook with music[/size]
[/size]
It should be a good chance to see old acquaintances and meet new folks. C'mon Ohio folks, if an old fart from Indiana can make it, you can. Join in the fun.

A_Sr.

Mar 16, 2010 at 2:48 AM Post #7 of 72
I've posted this in the other thread as well so I'm just copying this from there.

March 27th works for me. Bubu1 - let me know how I can help. I'll bring a Audeo PFE, Denon D7000, and Mini3.

I've been to meets before so I'll just post what I think are important points.

Meets typically need a reasonably quiet space with some way (e.g. a door) to ensure privacy. This isn't really to keep people out but just to ensure that some totally random person doesn't come in and make a mess (e.g. food on their hands) of everything.

Beyond that we'll need.

2). Tables.
3). Electrical outlets and surge protectors.
4). Chairs would be nice
5). Nametags. It's nice to put usernames with face. I can provide some markers and tags.

If the meet becomes bigger than 5-10 people then we'll probably have to keep a headcount and determine the amount of equipment each person is bringing. This will make it easier to just plan the layout of the room so that everybody has a space for their stuff. Disorganized and overcrowded meets are a real mood killer! If the meet becomes large I'll come over to WSU and we can look over the lab space. It might make sense to print out labels telling people where their space is. I can do that if we need to.

I would recommend we tell people not to bring food/drink. That can lead to a messy situation but if the meet is small I suspect it won't be a major problem. No PB&J sandwiches while listening
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 16, 2010 at 3:08 AM Post #8 of 72
just posted this in the other thread, but ill it over hear too, didnt realize you made a new thread
smily_headphones1.gif

Im totally down for the 27th, and im just right up the road at wright patt ill bring my new RSA Protector, Audio Technica ATH-A900's, JH Audio JH-13 Pro's, Audio GD DAC19Mk3, my iPod classic full of music, and my 15" MBP. Also my balanced TWag cable, if anyone has customs and wants to try the protector, and i have a TWag RCA to mini plug cable and TWag LOD

i cant wait, my first meet!!

Mar 16, 2010 at 11:38 PM Post #9 of 72
I'm really thrilled that we already have 6 of us who have said the 27th is a go. Thanks for your prompt responses and interest. It looks like we will have some fantastic equipment to listen to!!
I checked out our newly renovated conference room and there are plenty of wall outlets in that room (this is a different room from the one I was originally considering). Provided we have no more than 10 attendees, I will reserve this room for Saturday. The conference room is room 104 in Biological Sciences building 1. The closest parking lot to this building is lot 15. Here's a link for a map of the campus Wright State University - Campus Maps. For those of you who will bring a fair amount of equipment, I have a cart that we can use to wheel equipment from the parking lot to the room. BTW, is 10-5 an appropriate amount of time?
Thanks,
Tom

Mar 17, 2010 at 12:45 AM Post #10 of 72
yay, we even have a map
smily_headphones1.gif
and i think from 10-5 will be plenty for the 6 of us so far, though hopefully we can scrounge up some more interest, anytime you see someone with dayton or anywhere in ohio as their location send them a pm
tongue.gif

Mar 17, 2010 at 1:12 AM Post #11 of 72
I've changed the thread title to indicate that we will have a meet on the 27th!! Hooray!
Tom

Mar 17, 2010 at 1:28 AM Post #12 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubu1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm really thrilled that we already have 6 of us who have said the 27th is a go. Thanks for your prompt responses and interest. It looks like we will have some fantastic equipment to listen to!!
I checked out our newly renovated conference room and there are plenty of wall outlets in that room (this is a different room from the one I was originally considering). Provided we have no more than 10 attendees, I will reserve this room for Saturday. The conference room is room 104 in Biological Sciences building 1. The closest parking lot to this building is lot 15. Here's a link for a map of the campus Wright State University - Campus Maps. For those of you who will bring a fair amount of equipment, I have a cart that we can use to wheel equipment from the parking lot to the room. BTW, is 10-5 an appropriate amount of time?
Thanks,
Tom

Tom maybe you or myself can e-mail( private message) each other with our cell phone #... I got at least 1 card table with 4 chairs, power strips + extension cord + surge protectors...Do you guys want me to bring my X-can v3 and v8 power supply, I also have a nice Technics dvd-A-10 player with a nice hd phone jack and amp built in.........But let me know ok...SoupRKnowva, from WPA base,knows of this old fart (me) We have talked maybe one of us could get his cell # I'm sure I can find at least the parking garage , oH! I have a nice 2 wheel upright cart also.....Maybe we could meet of campus?? But, I'll do what ever everyone else wants to do...... duke

Mar 17, 2010 at 1:34 AM Post #13 of 72
Duke,
You don't need to worry about tables and chairs. There are plenty in the conference room. Surge protectors are probably a good idea. The X-can and power supply would be nice to give us a different flavor of amp! We can't say no to more amps now can we?
I'll PM you my cell phone number.
Tom

Users who are viewing this thread

Back