Dayton Meet on March 27th
Mar 23, 2010 at 5:28 PM Post #31 of 72
The meet is getting closer...

If anybody has a SE530 or IE8 and is willing to bring it, I'd love to hear it. I can even order some tips before the meet if you'd prefer not to allow other people to stick your IEM tips in their ear.

Mar 23, 2010 at 7:47 PM Post #32 of 72
odigg,
I'll bring my se530's. I have some universal fit yellow foam tips that you can have. I also recently (last week) picked up a Headroom BUDA and am now running the hd800's balanced. Bring any CD's that you want to hear and I will dump them on my computer so you can have a listen. If you remember, please bring the ultrasone binaural demo disc.
Tom

Mar 24, 2010 at 12:22 AM Post #33 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubu1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
odigg,
I'll bring my se530's. I have some universal size yellow foam tips that you can have. I also recently (last week) picked up a Headroom BUDA and am now running the hd800's balanced. Bring any CD's that you want to hear and I will dump them on my computer so you can have a listen. If you remember, please bring the ultrasone binaural demo disc.
Tom

oh man, i cant wait to hear the hd800's balanced out of the BUDA
biggrin.gif

Mar 24, 2010 at 12:35 AM Post #34 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oh man, i cant wait to hear the hd800's balanced out of the BUDA
biggrin.gif

Patience my friend, patience. Saturday is almost here. I have the entire stack- BUDA, UDAC and DPS and the cardas balanced cable. I do have to say that it is very very very good!
bigsmile_face.gif

BTW, do you have any preference for snacks or drinks?

Mar 24, 2010 at 1:23 AM Post #35 of 72
So Craig from whiplash is also stepping up and volunteering some product for us to try out at our meet. Hes gonna send the new Oracle balanced HD800 cable, and the CANDY cable to try with the HE-5's
smily_headphones1.gif
i think hes gonna send some shirts, and maybe a TWag single ended cable as well. Since i already have the protector balanced TWag and the adaptor to single ended. and probably a elite micro TWag LOD for ipods as well.

Im getting so excited for the meet!!

Mar 24, 2010 at 2:38 PM Post #36 of 72
I'll bring along FLAC and ALAC version of the Ultrasone Demo disc since I don't have the original CD.

I'll chip in money for food/drinks and/or I can run out and buy some stuff on Friday. Let me know. If nothing else I'll get some cups and water since the tap water in the WSU area is near undrinkable.

Maybe we can make some moonshine whiskey in the science lab?
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 24, 2010 at 4:25 PM Post #37 of 72
I would like to get a final headcount for Saturday. Please let me know by tomorrow if you will be able to make it on Saturday.

I'm gearing up (and getting very excited to meet all of you!!) and have already bought chips, nuts and other snacks as well as Heineken, St. Pauli Girl, and Warsteiner. I will also pick up 2 liters of coke, diet coke and sprite. Any other suggestions?

odigg, making alcohol is a great idea! Perhaps we can plan it for the next meet
biggrin.gif
That would certainly make listening to music even more fun! For now, store bought will have to do!
beerchug.gif

Here is my final equipment list for Saturday: Headroom micro stack, ultra micro stack, ultra desktop stack, ipod touch with ALO silver bling-bling LOD, and a macbook running itunes and pure music player.

Headphones include hd800 (original cable, cardas with 3.5mm plug and balanced cardas with Neutrik XLR's), AKG K702 w APS V3 1/8" termination, Shure SE530 and e4c.

Cables: Cable pro mini to mini, cable pro 1/4"-1/8" adapter, cardas 1/4"-1/8" adapter, Van den hul optocoupler mini to toslink, Lifatec mini to toslink, Dimarzio balanced XLR's, kimber gq mini to RCA (1 foot), cardas 6 inch mini to mini, moon audio silver dragon 6 inch mini to mini.

I will also bring a couple of power strips, a furman AC-215 power conditioner, and the astrodyne power supplies for the micro stacks.

Tom

Mar 24, 2010 at 7:08 PM Post #38 of 72
Tom, I'll be attending! EQUIP. HD 650 + Audio Technica phones(My sleeping cans) MF X-can v3 plus V8 power supply DVD-10 A player, Monarchy dac/pre.....CDs, and several I.C.s Power cords and I'll bring 2 power strips.....let me know if you need anything else. duke

Mar 24, 2010 at 7:44 PM Post #39 of 72
i dont if i need to say it, but ill be there
smily_headphones1.gif
its 2-3 minutes down the road from me...and the equipment im bringing is on the first page, and then the whiplash/ray stuff i think is all on this page.

Cnat wait to see everyone and listen to some tunes!

Mar 24, 2010 at 9:19 PM Post #40 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i dont if i need to say it, but ill be there
smily_headphones1.gif
its 2-3 minutes down the road from me...and the equipment im bringing is on the first page, and then the whiplash/ray stuff i think is all on this page.

Cnat wait to see everyone and listen to some tunes!

Like wise, SoupRKnowva and Friends, but PLEASE EVERYBODY Drive Safely to "OUR" Meet........Tom, I'll chip in some cash for the snacks and soda! Can't wait!!!! duke

Mar 24, 2010 at 11:47 PM Post #42 of 72
My friend Tim and I are in.

Gear list:

beyer 880
beyer 220
Grado 325i
akg k702
diy k1000 replica

Millett SS amp
RSA Tomahawk
iriver h120
iriver h320
ipod 5.5g

mini itx source w/ all lossless and ht omega claro plus card

westone um2
phonak pfe
head-direct RE0

That's about it, I think.

Mar 25, 2010 at 1:20 AM Post #43 of 72
Wow, glad I caught this thread in time. I'll be there.

As for gear, well:

2 x 4th gen iMods
2 x Headroom Micro Amps
Headroom Maxed Desktop amp
Cowon S9
Cowon i7
Yuin PK1
Yuin PK2
Westone UM3X (or whatever order the letters are in)
Denon D2000
Denon D7000
Laptop full of FLAC

And a power strip or two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back