Dayton Meet on March 27th
Mar 17, 2010 at 2:12 AM Post #16 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubu1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Duke,
You don't need to worry about tables and chairs. There are plenty in the conference room. Surge protectors are probably a good idea. The X-can and power supply would be nice to give us a different flavor of amp! We can't say no to more amps now can we?
I'll PM you my cell phone number.
Tom

Tom, Sounds Good (Hell IT sounds GREAT) ok I'll check off table and chairs! I'll return my cell # to you and feel free to give it out to any of the guys who are coming, that you know or might need it.....I'm making my equip. list to bring......I.C.s, Power cords, etc...surge protectors, Some ac transformers for power that comes after the power strip or outlet then equip plugs into them (chris Ivan Design) how about Tubes I got some nice ones???? I'll keep in touch.....duke

Mar 17, 2010 at 3:23 AM Post #17 of 72
I'll have many 12av/u7s, a few 2c51s, 6080wb, 5998s. If anybody has choice glass, please share.

I'll get a hold of a few others who may make it. If you put the major cities around the area in the location of the advanced member search, you can send out pm invites. I'll run one for Dayton, Cincy, Columbus, Indy and see what comes up.

What do we want to do for lunch? Decide there, byo, etc. I understand we can't eat or drink (a good thing) in the listening area but I assume there will be break rooms to bring a snack or juice? Beer? Bongs? Guns? Girls? j/k

I may have to back out as a job has come up on the radar. I'll call tomorrow to see what flexibility there is. If I can't make it, I suspect we will be getting together a little more often.

Mar 17, 2010 at 3:44 AM Post #18 of 72
lunch? chipotle and five guys are right down the street? or the Pub is right down the freeway, or any number of other restruants. At least we've got a sweet after party locale at "The Masque"!!
tongue.gif

Mar 17, 2010 at 3:50 AM Post #19 of 72
HC,
I hope that you can come. Keep us posted. Food is not a problem. We actually have some good restaurants close to campus that we could order from or go to. If anyone likes Thai food, there is a great place about 5 min from campus that we could order carryout from.
Beer is not a problem. We would just have to be discreet and clean up after ourselves.
Thanks for all of your suggestions!!

Mar 17, 2010 at 4:14 PM Post #20 of 72
I didn't realize there was a new thread either. Thanks for the heads-up HC!

I'm going to try hard to make this but that is my birthday weekend.
My family and friends may have other plans for me.
wink.gif

If I can make it, I hope to bring some or all of the following ...

Adcom GCD-575
Shanling PCD-300A
iPod 5G 60GB
Asus Eee PC 1000HA w/external Passport Drive
Audio-Technica AT-HA20 Headphone Amp
Shellbrook Audio Labs Mini Head Signature
MB Quart 55x
Grado SR-60
Alessandro MS2i
Sennheiser PX-100
Koss PortaPros (Original & Anniversary)
Koss KSC-35
Crossroads MylarOne

... it will depend on my ride and roadie.
wink.gif

I'll know more as it gets closer to the date.
Hopefully I can make it for half the day.
icon10.gif

Anyone by chance bringing GS1K, PS1K or HF2?

Mar 18, 2010 at 12:37 AM Post #22 of 72
DocHamm,
It would be great if you could come even for a little while!

compuryan, sorry for the short notice. If this meet goes well, I will host again and give more notice!

Mar 19, 2010 at 2:21 AM Post #23 of 72
Hey everyone, a friend and I are planning on going. That is, provided nothing else comes up in the meantime.

My gear list would be:

Beyerdynamic dt880 250 ohm
Beyerdynamic dt220 400 ohm
AKG K702
Grado sr325i
my DIY k1000 style headphone

Millett SS amp
Mini itx source

Plus more, can't remember everything.

Mar 19, 2010 at 12:48 PM Post #24 of 72
Punnnisher,
Glad to hear you can come! It will be great to meet everyone!
beerchug.gif

Tom

Mar 20, 2010 at 4:00 AM Post #25 of 72
oh sheet, punnisher is bringin the makeshift k1000's. If only my facewoofer was a bit more....uh........portable.

Anyway, I think that March 27 sounds reasonable and dayton is only a hop, skip and a jump away for me. I haven't gotten any new gear so I'll prob. just be rockin the old buffalo-bijou setup, as usual.

Mar 20, 2010 at 8:27 AM Post #27 of 72
I do! HD800.

List of attendees so far:
odigg, SoupRKnowva, 9pintube, Punnisher (and friend), chobint,
Absorbine Sr, happycamper (I hope), and maybe DocHamm.

Beer and snack preferences?

I'll make a final list of people and equipment by the middle of next week.

Tom

Mar 20, 2010 at 8:28 AM Post #28 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubu1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I do! HD800.

alright, ill email ray and see if he'll let me borrow his xlr to protector adaptor for the meet. I dont have any full size cans myself so i wouldnt need one
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back