Dateline NBC - To Catch a Predator
Oct 23, 2006 at 1:24 AM Post #31 of 90
Now I think you're just being purposefully obtuse. For a real answer, ask one of the lawyer types here, and I wish you luck with that.
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure
Hmm...that's interesting. So, even if there was direct video footage showing the teen raping the adult, the court would still hold the adult accountable due to the whole power situation and how those under 18 cannot be regarded as mature enough to be responsible for their actions? Or are you talking about something else?

VR6ofpain - I'll agree with you that these guys are rather desperate. What I'm saying is that their sexual preference cannot be regarded as any more horrible than "normal" heterosexual/homosexual preferences. I don't see how these problens would still continue as much if the teens refused to give out personal information though. Like I said earlier, these things are happening because these predators are getting phone numbers, addresses, the whole asl thing, etc. If these predators never got this information, and if these teens didn't willingly talk about having sex and want to pursue it, then these types of things shouldn't happen NEARLY as much as they happen now (As opposed to how infrequently these things would happen if you concentrated solely on fixing the pedophiles).

Oct 23, 2006 at 2:38 AM Post #32 of 90
Quote:

What I'm saying is that their sexual preference cannot be regarded as any more horrible than "normal" heterosexual/homosexual preferences.

It sure as hell can, and it is.

Oct 23, 2006 at 3:10 AM Post #34 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by VR6ofpain

*sigh*

I'm talking about in their state of mind. Pedophilia is normal to them as "regular" heterosexuality is to you or me (Provided that you are heterosexual). Bah, just forget it.

Oct 23, 2006 at 3:13 AM Post #35 of 90
Did any women get busted in this show? If not, the show is BS, because that is a HUGE problem as well that doesn't get much attention. I may be wrong, but I would say there are just as many--if not more--women pedophiles than men. I think the difference is that more men actually act on it.

Oct 23, 2006 at 3:16 AM Post #36 of 90
I'd like to meet a female pedophile (provided she's attractive).

Oct 23, 2006 at 3:18 AM Post #37 of 90
Quote:

You know what buddy, I don't even think I knew what a pedophile was when I was 17...put yourself in check.

Oct 23, 2006 at 3:22 AM Post #38 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by VR6ofpain

Agreed. It's not about sex, it's about power. No way in hell is it a sexual preference, unless you read the brochures from the People for Ethical Treatment of Animals...

(say it with me)

or NAMBLA.

Oct 23, 2006 at 3:28 AM Post #39 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by sisenor
You know what buddy, I don't even think I knew what a pedophile was when I was 17...put yourself in check.

it's very normal to learn this word in fictional novels.

Oct 23, 2006 at 3:43 AM Post #40 of 90
Quote:

Ok, I can't find her mugshot but I can describe her to you: how's about a woman in her late 50's, about 4'8", an athletic physique from a life on horseback, should length sandy-blond hair, not that many wrinkles, huge ...tracts of land... really open and friendly

With a voice that would grate on your every nerve and set your teeth on end, everything sounded like she was shouting, a house with more dirt in it than the stable (and it was a dirty stable as well), flies in permanent residence, clutter that a bulldozer would be scared of, and she herself had a cloud of dirt around her like Pigpen from The Peanuts, dirt under her fingernails, and she was childlike... if by childlike you mean that she'd be at a horse show, and would do cartwheels with a dress on and no undies. Seriously.

Sound attractive? Want to have you some of that? After she and her husband were charged, and her husband soon after killed himself, she did her time, and now has another stable.. so it can all still be yours. Grow the ***** up.

Oct 23, 2006 at 4:02 AM Post #41 of 90
That don't sound like Debra LeFave to me?
who by the way is also free but under house arrest, then probation.

Oct 23, 2006 at 5:03 AM Post #42 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by plainsong
Ok, I can't find her mugshot but I can describe her to you: how's about a woman in her late 50's, about 4'8", an athletic physique from a life on horseback, should length sandy-blond hair, not that many wrinkles, huge ...tracts of land... really open and friendly

With a voice that would grate on your every nerve and set your teeth on end, everything sounded like she was shouting, a house with more dirt in it than the stable (and it was a dirty stable as well), flies in permanent residence, clutter that a bulldozer would be scared of, and she herself had a cloud of dirt around her like Pigpen from The Peanuts, dirt under her fingernails, and she was childlike... if by childlike you mean that she'd be at a horse show, and would do cartwheels with a dress on and no undies. Seriously.

Sound attractive? Want to have you some of that? After she and her husband were charged, and her husband soon after killed himself, she did her time, and now has another stable.. so it can all still be yours. Grow the ***** up.

Generalizations are bad
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 23, 2006 at 5:09 AM Post #43 of 90
ho boy, time to get my 2 cents in before this ones locked up.

Sorry but if you think at the age of 17 a teenager cannot tell the difference between right and wrong, specifically that a 40-50 year old pedophile claiming to be a friend and luring them with liquor, drugs, candy etc, then you have an incredibly stereotypical and warped sense of how intelligent a teenager is. You cannot simply lump teens into the same catagory as children. Unless you have done the research, and have facts to back up what you believe, then we as teenagers are more qualified to make these observations than you. We spend more time interacting with our peer groups, most of us have first hand education on these topics from school, and some of us have witnessed or experienced these situations in real life. While you may feel compelled to tell us our place and what we do and do not know, I should remind you of the growing communication gap between teens and adults these days. You can't deny that most teenagers have the first hand experience, are immersed in the world of youth/adolesence DAILY, whereas most adults don't.

Another thing, how does being and adult qualify you to automatically know better, or make a better decision in the case of dealing with a pedophile? Have you attended classes for these types of things? Or do you have to go through the painful experience of becoming a victim of a pedophile, and learn it the hard way? Or do you simply have the small granule of information you take away from news reports, the media, Dateline NBC etc? Last time I checked, adults are not immune to rape, murder, stalking, and being taken advantage of.

Just fyi, I'm 19 years old, but let me tell you that at the age of 17, or even 15, 99% of the teenagers I interacted with, or my friends and schoolmates, ALL had education on how to behave on the internet, protecting ones identity and personal information, and how to avoid sexual stalkers. Yes at the age of 17 I was ready to take my life into my own hands, and defend myself against a sexual predator. In fact, if falling victim to a sexual predator, I was prepared to make him/her feel very very sorry they decided to pick on me before I turned them into the authorities.

get over it, teens aren't the little naive school children they are portrayed to be in these victim/predator media cases. Take a look back and you will see this is simply a by product of society getting softer and softer. You need to look no further than the recent case of banning tag from schoolyards.

Oct 23, 2006 at 5:11 AM Post #44 of 90
Quote:

I'm talking about in their state of mind. Pedophilia is normal to them as "regular" heterosexuality is to you or me (Provided that you are heterosexual).

What is 'normal' to them, in their state of mind, is irrelavant. They are predators. They need to be removed from society if they cannot control their urges. Thought crimes do not exist, but if they act on them, they have failed the test. At that point it is up to our legal system to bar them from society, to product other children from being their vicitims.
Quote:

Originally Posted by plainsong
Agreed. It's not about sex, it's about power. No way in hell is it a sexual preference, unless you read the brochures from the People for Ethical Treatment of Animals...

(say it with me)

or NAMBLA.

Right on target.

Oct 23, 2006 at 5:17 AM Post #45 of 90
♪Its gettin hot in here, So take off all your clothes♪

Oh wait, no, DON'T DO THAT!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back