Dasetn/Tingo/Baldoor earbuds Reviews and Impressions
Jun 10, 2014 at 8:52 AM Post #736 of 1,160
  Just received my second batch (from Aliexpress this time), which arrived much faster than Dasetn btw.

Tried them out directly right out of the box and .. *surprise* .. they sound better than my first batch!

Sound looks a bit more warmer, bass is more present and no more crackling in any of earbud side, highs are no more crazy sibilant and well more controlled. Now, most of my musics are finally listenable! Soundstage looks the same signature (still "Live" but less pronounced) as my first batch, and  mediums looks the exact same, which was already at a very good level. There is still a background noise when connected to my E11 (when no music listening), which is also the exact same as my first batch.
I will finally maybe change my mind about these TG-38s. I will report and make final conclusion in 200 hours maximum of burning about this second batch. My first batch has now 120+ hours of burning and sound still badly. So I think I really had a defective one. I hope you guys who will wait for their second batch will get a good one also like me.

Later's
atsmile.gif

Told ya!
Stop burning the first pair and put it away with a few silica gel desiccant packets.
It's your only hope.

Jun 10, 2014 at 9:15 AM Post #737 of 1,160
Just received my second batch (from Aliexpress this time), which arrived much faster than Dasetn btw.

Tried them out directly right out of the box and .. *surprise* .. they sound better than my first batch!

Sound looks a bit more warmer, bass is more present and no more crackling in any of earbud side, highs are no more crazy sibilant and well more controlled. Now, most of my musics are finally listenable! Soundstage looks the same signature (still "Live" but less pronounced) as my first batch, and  mediums looks the exact same, which was already at a very good level. There is still a background noise when connected to my E11 (when no music listening), which is also the exact same as my first batch.
I will finally maybe change my mind about these TG-38s. I will report and make final conclusion in 200 hours maximum of burning about this second batch. My first batch has now 120+ hours of burning and sound still badly. So I think I really had a defective one. I hope you guys who will wait for their second batch will get a good one also like me.

Later's:atsmile:

Wow. Good news bad news. The good - Seems like the TG-38S can be as good as BenF reports and that I indeed could have a defective pair. The bad - with about 50/50 positive & negative reports on SQ, that's a very high rate of failure. Evidence seems to point to Aliexpress having a good batch and Dasetn having a bad batch? My bad pair came from Dasetn. I ordered & received 2 pair of TG-38S from Ali but too bad I won't be home for another 2 months to test out this theory. Sucks!

Jun 10, 2014 at 9:28 AM Post #738 of 1,160
Wow. Good news bad news. The good - Seems like the TG-38S can be as good as BenF reports and that I indeed could have a defective pair. The bad - with about 50/50 positive & negative reports on SQ, that's a very high rate of failure. Evidence seems to point to Aliexpress having a good batch and Dasetn having a bad batch? My bad pair came from Dasetn. I ordered & received 2 pair of TG-38S from Ali but too bad I won't be home for another 2 months to test out this theory. Sucks!

The "good" pairs are far above 50%.
The same few people kept posting negative opinions, while the ones with "good" pairs just posted once and didn't feel the need to re-iterate.
This created an illusion of 50/50.

Jun 10, 2014 at 10:02 AM Post #739 of 1,160

The "good" pairs are far above 50%.
The same few people kept posting negative opinions, while the ones with "good" pairs just posted once and didn't feel the need to re-iterate.
This created an illusion of 50/50.

each and every time i see you post i get more and more convinced that you are some kind of a promoter of the TG 38S , whether you do it just because you want to or not i don't know.

Jun 10, 2014 at 10:05 AM Post #740 of 1,160

Told ya!
Stop burning the first pair and put it away with a few silica gel desiccant packets.
It's your only hope.

Thank you , I will follow your advice, just need to find out some silican gel packets firstly.
It remembers me someone here on this thread which told us that his pair was smelling like smoke/cigarette when he received his pair out of the box.
I stay you tuned if it solved my first batch problem.

Btw, you were right, it was a mistake, but I put PK1 before ES10, hehe.

Jun 10, 2014 at 10:06 AM Post #741 of 1,160
  each and every time i see you post i get more and more convinced that you are some kind of a promoter of the TG 38S , whether you do it just because you want to or not i don't know.

What's the point you are trying to make?

Jun 10, 2014 at 10:43 AM Post #746 of 1,160

You should order the EarBell in the meantime. If you still don't like TG-38S in two months, you will love the EarBell.

Jun 10, 2014 at 11:57 AM Post #748 of 1,160
Aren't we all a promoter of good sounding earbuds? Anyway the 38s are nice buds but by no means the best earbuds out there. My pair is great with the highs and mids but in the bass department although the quality is good the quantity is missing big time. Due to this to me they sound their best with less bass heavy music but they do a poor job with electronic dance music. Now I noticed they are much less sensitive than my Blox earphones when playing on my iphone 5 so the bass issue could be caused by the 38s being underpowered. The tc100 are more rounded in the highs than the 38s however the tc100 even has less bass than the 38s, again I am wondering if this is a bass issue.

Jun 10, 2014 at 1:34 PM Post #749 of 1,160
Aren't we all a promoter of good sounding earbuds? Anyway the 38s are nice buds but by no means the best earbuds out there. My pair is great with the highs and mids but in the bass department although the quality is good the quantity is missing big time. Due to this to me they sound their best with less bass heavy music but they do a poor job with electronic dance music. Now I noticed they are much less sensitive than my Blox earphones when playing on my iphone 5 so the bass issue could be caused by the 38s being underpowered. The tc100 are more rounded in the highs than the 38s however the tc100 even has less bass than the 38s, again I am wondering if this is a bass issue.

I only listen through NFB-11.32, GO 1000 or ODAC+E12, so there is always plenty of power.
TG-38S has no problem with well recorded electronic music. I have just listened to a couple of liquid dubstep/chillstep mixes - no complaints here.
Sometime I do use E12's bass boost, but I don't feel like I miss it on NFB-11.32 or GO 1000.

I don't know about TC100, but TG-JL1 and EarBell do have a little bit less bass, as they try to be balanced and not U-shaped.

Jun 10, 2014 at 1:57 PM Post #750 of 1,160
after conducting some more detailed listening experiments with TG 35S and Blox ANV3se i will vote in favor of the BLOX.
although it is possible to pump bigger amouts of bass using EQ from the TG's than i firstly  considered, the bass is still very"thin". BLOX has much thicker bass that fill the space and really make you feel like you are using cans. 
in addition the annoying treble is still high even when reduced drastically with EQ until it just sounds totally wrong.... yes it might be good with piano and vocals,dubstep taking into account treble and bass will be adjusted, but when listen to more complex music like drums electric guitars, rifts and so on.. it just sounds like a huge MESS.
TG 38S sound lacking, while BLOX sound much more complete

thats my point of view  on the topic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back