Dasetn/Tingo/Baldoor earbuds Reviews and Impressions
Apr 26, 2014 at 9:15 PM Post #106 of 1,160
Dasetn AP8 review:

It looks better than M3, but sounds pretty much the same. Typical earbud sound, not worth describing.
It's huge, so I couldn't put it in my ears facing the canal.

So M760 and M1 are the real standouts in the Dasetn lineup.
M760 and TG-38S compliment each other very well.

Apr 27, 2014 at 6:40 PM Post #109 of 1,160
BenF

Was going to grab a set or two of the IE8 project ones, nice to see you ordered them already. Did you get in on the half price sale up now for $20? Looks to be a few shells used ( 3) and from what I can tell the black/silver are the latest?
How can you lose at that price.

Haven't used earbuds for ages, but this thread, not the other big one, sure has me interested again. Thanks

Apr 27, 2014 at 9:02 PM Post #111 of 1,160
Dasetn PK IE8 review:

These are supposed to "PK IE8" - I only have IE80, so I'll be comparing these two.

It's a basshead's IEM. The bass is tuned to about 50-60% of IE80 max setting.
Out of the box it had a nice rumble, but it disappears during burn-in.
The quality of bass is OK, but not quite IE80 level.

The mids are veiled and recessed, just like IE 80 - but even more.

The highs are very polite, no sibilance - but no airiness too.

Soundstage is mediocre.

Sounds best with Sennheiser single flange tips.
Couldn't use any of the included tips - they simply didn't fit the nozzle.

They sound somewhat similar to unmodded Pistons v2.x, but Pistons have slightly higher quality bass, less veiled mids, more extended highs and larger soundstage. Not a huge difference in any of these areas, but combined together, Piston is a better IEM.
PK IE8 is easier to drive though.
PK IE8 looks like a recabled version of Yaoge 060 - and it's a very nice cable! Even has a chin slider
bigsmile_face.gif

Very little microphonics with a shirt clip (not included).
I hope Dasetn will switch to Yaoge 063 as a base model soon, it supposed to be a lot better.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Brand-new-Yaoge-063-HIFI-subwoofer-in-ear-earphones-mp3-mp4-mobile-phone-computer-earphone-bass/1583039787.html
I have it coming my way in a few weeks, will be interesting to compare.

Conclusion:
At 20$, you could do a lot worse for a basshead IEM.

Apr 28, 2014 at 10:40 PM Post #114 of 1,160
  After burning Blox BE5 for 24 hours - it has a sound signature similar to TG-38S, but SQ isn't as good.
I don't know if to be happy about finding a 16$ gem, or sad about paying 95$ for an inferior one.
Gonna give it another 24 hours.

There is certainly few people happy that you did find a gem for 16$ 
wink.gif

though I didn't order them yet.

Apr 28, 2014 at 11:07 PM Post #115 of 1,160
  TinGo TG-38S review:

They have the best build quality, far superior to Blox/Dasetn models.
They are the most beautiful too, with a gorgeous silver color:

As for the sound quality, it sounds a lot like Dasetn M1 - very clear mids and highs, no sibilance.
M1 could sometime (rarely) sound lispy on female vocals, TG-38S never does.
The mids are a bit warmer than M1, but not as warm as M760.
Vocals can be very emotionally involving.
The most important improvement is in the bass - it is the tightest and punchiest bass I ever hear.
Soundstage is huge.
Basically, TG-38s reminds a lot Havi B3 Pro in an earbud form and at 1/4 the cost.

My current earbud ratings are TG-38S > M760 > M1 >= ANV3SE > ANV3 > M2C > M3
Or in terms everyone can understand 16$ > 26$ > 15$ >= 100$ > 70$ > 50$ > 13$

M760 does have an ace up its sleeve though - it is a piano king, no other earbud/IEM does piano the way it does.
Worth buying just for the piano music.

Best place to buy TG-38S is here at 16$ with free worldwide shipping:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Croons-tingo-tg-38s-earbud-earphones-pk-mx985-a8-hifi-balanced/1428384889.html
Fedex shipping is quite cheap, can save you a few weeks.

Hi Ben, I just did it and hit the BUY button from Dasetn. Hope I won't regret it. :) Btw, I have some questions:

1. What's the rated impedance of the Tingo?
2. Shipping is free. In your experience, how long did it actually take to receive the unit? Where does Dasetn ship from?

I currently have an OK1 which is very hard to drive and need to turn up the volume so high. I hope this would be better. Will be running it from a J3. Hope it arrive very soon. Thanks Ben for sharing this to the community.

Apr 29, 2014 at 6:14 AM Post #116 of 1,160

Hi Ben, I just did it and hit the BUY button from Dasetn. Hope I won't regret it. :) Btw, I have some questions:

2. Shipping is free. In your experience, how long did it actually take to receive the unit? Where does Dasetn ship from?

I currently have an OK1 which is very hard to drive and need to turn up the volume so high. I hope this would be better. Will be running it from a J3. Hope it arrive very soon. Thanks Ben for sharing this to the community.

1. I don't know the impedance, but it's very easy to drive.
2. He ships from HongKong, can take up to 4-6 weeks as usual with HK Post..

Apr 29, 2014 at 9:49 AM Post #118 of 1,160

Impedance is 16 Ohm. I read it a site, ah, here:
http://www.buychinatao.com/index.php/taobao/view/id/21425919834

And, BenF, Paypal is not only good, for me and my experience, is wonderful. 
wink.gif

Apr 29, 2014 at 10:36 PM Post #119 of 1,160
Hello, recently I buy Tingo Tg-35s from dasetn.com and they give a tracking number. But its already 3 days and when I tried to track no data was found until this time. I contact dasetn.com but no reply too.
Anyone have similar experience like me?

Apr 29, 2014 at 10:40 PM Post #120 of 1,160
  Hello, recently I buy Tingo Tg-35s from dasetn.com and they give a tracking number. But its already 3 days and when I tried to track no data was found until this time. I contact dasetn.com but no reply too.
Anyone have similar experience like me?

HK Post tracking may sometime not update until the package gets to your country.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back