Dasetn/Tingo/Baldoor earbuds Reviews and Impressions
Apr 30, 2014 at 12:46 AM Post #125 of 1,160

Hi Ben, I just did it and hit the BUY button from Dasetn. Hope I won't regret it. :) Btw, I have some questions:

1. What's the rated impedance of the Tingo?
2. Shipping is free. In your experience, how long did it actually take to receive the unit? Where does Dasetn ship from?

I currently have an OK1 which is very hard to drive and need to turn up the volume so high. I hope this would be better. Will be running it from a J3. Hope it arrive very soon. Thanks Ben for sharing this to the community.

Interested in your impressions of the Tingo VS OK1

Apr 30, 2014 at 2:03 AM Post #126 of 1,160
Just received Tingo earbud from Museaxe (Korea) today. 
Before Tingo, I just used 1 stock earbud of sansa clip, so, very lack of experience with earbuds. 
But, for brief impression, the sound makes me remember the Monoprice 8320 IEM with higher resolution and fuller sound. 
I prefer the Tingo more than LG quadbeat 1, 2 and LG GS-100 (my current used IEMs). 

May 1, 2014 at 3:44 AM Post #127 of 1,160
Hi everybody!
Long time I didn't posted anything on this board :)

I just purchased a pair of tg-38s, to compare them with my actual Yuin PK1 and TM7 (that I owned for few weeks before reselling).

A friend of me found another "gem" that I just received 2 weeks ago, it's called "Awei ES10" (and can be found here for 4$ : http://www.focalprice.com/EP0287B/AWEI_ES10_In_Ear_Hi_Fi_Headphone_Black.html).
Sincerely, I never thought what my friend said to me but I can now agree with him, this pair can blown earphones that cost 30x higher! compared to PK1 and TM7, the ES10 can compete without any problem. I find them some highs lacking but it can be solved with an EQ. Highs definitely needs to be pushed at max to listen some good (but not excellent) highs. Of course I burned them 100+ hours already and continuing to do every night. At the beginning the sound was bad to my ears (bass suffering and were like on a close little room, boom-box style which I really didn't liked, middles were ok and highs were crually lacking), but after those burning hours, it seems that I solved almost all points, bass are now rivalizing with PK1 (tightest and punchiest on ES10), middles are here (which are not the case of PK1 from his fun sound and V signature sound, of course amped!), and highs are getting there now after burning with some EQ with a little boost on highs, it's now almost close to be perfect, very clear, not sibilant, not perfect but still lacking a bit and still needs an EQ. Sound stage is I would say better than PK1 but maybe less than TM7 is I remember well. For the price, you can't get wrong, it's a sure value, and I received it in 9 days via AirMail into France, which is pretty fast I think, since my usual orders from HK are way more like 2-3 weeks in the past. I ordered another one but white pair this time.
Btw, ES10 clearly not need to be amped to desserve a damn good sound, which is a good thing. Quality of the cable on ES10 is not very good, even the PK1 stock is better but TM7 dominates here. ES10 loves to be pushed, that's clear here, I never arrived to saturate them! TM7 was saturating very fast and even PK1 with highs impedance is behing ES10.
If you guys have any question, feel free to inform me here I will try to answer my best that I can (even if my english is poor about technical words, hehe (I'am french) :)

I can't wait to receive and burn this tg-38s earphones, pretty excited already! I will do a much more complete review here of what I think of them compared to ES10 / PK1 / TM7.

Cheers'

May 1, 2014 at 5:00 AM Post #129 of 1,160
  These sound really good for the price, but TG-38s should blow these away due to much better highs.

this makes me  more excited to receive my TG-38s. 
biggrin.gif

May 1, 2014 at 5:40 AM Post #130 of 1,160
  Interested in your impressions of the Tingo VS OK1

I will post my impressions between the two when I receive the Tingo. Let's see if beats the Yuin overall. 
deadhorse.gif

May 1, 2014 at 6:00 PM Post #131 of 1,160
I been a lurker for over 5 years, and just now I decided to register. I recently bought M760, M3, and M1 from Dasetn. I have also ordered the T-38S, but it has not yet arrived.

Over the years, I've gone through many cans/buds

AKG K240, Sony MDR-V700DJ, various Koss full sized cans distributed by Radio Shack.

Phillips SHE-3510, Skullcandy Ink'd,  Rockit R-50, Yuin Ok3, Koss Plug, Klipsh s4, Shure e4c, Shure e3, UE super.fi 3 (before Logitech), Altec Lansing im716, Monoprice 8320, Koss KE-29, Skullcandy Merge, Nox Scout.

Hisoundaudio PAA-1, Creative Aurvana Air, Hisoundaudio E351, Soundmagic EP10, VSONIC Gienair A1, Sony MDR E828, JVC Gummy, Phillips SHQ1000, Phillips SHE2105, Aiwa HP-D2, Yurbuds Inspire, Yurbuds Focus.

I'm leaving out all the random ones I've gotten for under $5 - all of them sounded like poop. All the cans/buds I've listed above are listenable - some much more than others.

I discovered a  while ago that if I put the rubber sleeves on earbuds that convert them to IEMs (check out my avatar for a picture), then reinforce the hole with rubber tubing, that the problems I experience with earbuds (falling out of my ear, lack of bass, feeling of distance and loss of clarity and immediacy) all are solved! This mod actually makes some of the earbuds sound better than all the IEMs I have tried. Consequently, I have abandoned IEMs and now am in search for the perfect earbud to turn into an IEM.

Up until a month  ago, my search had stopped with the Aurvana Air. Then the Aurvana Air broke - and I didn't want to pay another $50+ for another one. I did a search and found this thread - and was intrigued by Dasetn offerings.

The M760, M1, and M3 arrived last week. They blow all the IEMs in my list out of the water (with the rubber cover mod)! With the Rock-it R50s, I could hear detail, but it had poopy bass, and the detail was accompanied by tss tsss tsss sibilance. None of the Dasetn's do that. They all have plenty of bass - and it's clear bass, not farty. They differ in their sound signatures, but all three are awesome!!!!! 

I'm still waiting for the Tingo's to arrive. I can't imagine them sounding better than the other three. I'm still burning them in - it will take about a week. . .right now, each Dasetn earbud is the best earbud I've heard in it's price range. The M1 and M3 are particularly impressive since they are under $15 but sound better than all the earbuds I've listened to - including the >$100 R-50 and the once awesome (but now obsolete) shure E4c. All 3 Dasetn's M are clear. The m760 is the best sounding one - but by a hair.

I'm actually impressed with all the Chinese buds I've gotten (highsoundaudio, Vsonic, Soundmagic) - but the Dasetn's are a notch or two above the rest. Before I bought the Dasetn's, the Aurvana Air was the best sounding one (I was very distraught when I broke it) - all the M Dasetns sound better than the Air.

For a while, I was making my own custom earmolds and putting the BA IEMs into them. The Yurbuds gave me the idea to put the earbuds into custom's - this is a parallel project.

After burn-in, I'll have to post more details.

May 1, 2014 at 6:20 PM Post #133 of 1,160
I actually tried something similar in 2006 and it didn't work too well. I got the idea from the Yurbuds. However, between 2006 and now, I've gained more experience with head stuff, so it could be that I didn't know how to use them back then. I would post an image, but my account isn't allowed to do it.

They are like $2-$4 for 3 pairs (each pair a different size). They come in different colors. The black and white ones are the thickest. The blue and transparent ones are thinner. The plastic tube I stuck in the middle is made from fish tank hosing. When I get permission to post pictures, I will - but you can see the tips in my avatar. I've also tried Slic-Sound tips, but I keep going back to the soft silicone ones. The last time I tried something like this was Griffin Ear Jams around 1996 - and back then, IEMs weren't popular or they cost hundreds of dollars and were made for on-stage monitors (IEM!).

The tips are like Griffin Earjams or Comply Whoomp, except they are made out of soft silcone rubber instead of plastic.

May 1, 2014 at 10:12 PM Post #134 of 1,160
Mtliu, please post pictures and instructions regarding your mod including where to buy the parts. I am very interested. I tried the yurbuds with several buds like Dasetn M760 and Blox BE5 but the sound was not better, different, but not better than traditional foam pads.

May 1, 2014 at 10:52 PM Post #135 of 1,160
  I actually tried something similar in 2006 and it didn't work too well. I got the idea from the Yurbuds. However, between 2006 and now, I've gained more experience with head stuff, so it could be that I didn't know how to use them back then. I would post an image, but my account isn't allowed to do it.

They are like $2-$4 for 3 pairs (each pair a different size). They come in different colors. The black and white ones are the thickest. The blue and transparent ones are thinner. The plastic tube I stuck in the middle is made from fish tank hosing. When I get permission to post pictures, I will - but you can see the tips in my avatar. I've also tried Slic-Sound tips, but I keep going back to the soft silicone ones. The last time I tried Ear Jams was like 1996 - and back then, IEMs weren't popular or they cost hundreds of dollars and were made for on-stage monitors (IEM!).

The tips are like Griffin Earjams or Comply Whoomp, except they are made out of soft silcone rubber instead of plastic.

Plastic tube from fish tank hosing! Rubber sleeves from..?
Can't wait to see your pics of how you make the tips!
You have to reach a certain number of posts before you can upload pictures, I forgot how many but wouldn't take much

Users who are viewing this thread

Back