Dasetn/Tingo/Baldoor earbuds Reviews and Impressions
May 30, 2014 at 3:44 AM Post #482 of 1,160
so, my tg38s just arrived today. a quick listen and it gave me headache because of the overpowered treble level.... gonna give these guys couple hours of burn in then listen again. so far, i still like my BE5 more. SQ wise can't comment yet.

May 30, 2014 at 4:30 AM Post #483 of 1,160
oh no! if TG-38S is really that peaky on the high side, it might not be usable with my Studio V which is neutral but kind of towards the high side also. won't be a good pairing. Still, I have not listened to both yet as they're both still on their way. I called the local post office an hour ago and the lady told me the Tingo has finally arrived! Hallelujah! I thought it's already gone - 1 month in total. I'm very excited. I might put it thru the burn-in process via my laptop while waiting for the Studio's arrival. I will post my overall impressions later. It will be a grand showdown - OK1 vs. TG-38S vs. JL1 vs. M760 vs. M1 - all via the Studio V. My J3 has already found a new home. Looking forward to the coming days...
biggrin.gif

May 30, 2014 at 9:12 AM Post #485 of 1,160
  Seems like a two step plan...http://www.ugomark.com/help/helpview/aid/19

dam you are right it is a 2 step plan.... those taobao agents are kinda suck at explaining how the procedure works , that why i was confused earlier.
seems like its much simpler just to buy everything from aliexpress instead, its the same price, maybe a few  bucks more, but also much more comfortable and you can return the item if theres any problem with it.

May 30, 2014 at 9:30 AM Post #486 of 1,160
dam you are right it is a 2 step plan.... those taobao agents are kinda suck at explaining how the procedure works , that why i was confused earlier.
seems like its much simpler just to buy everything from aliexpress instead, its the same price, maybe a few  bucks more, but also much more comfortable and you can return the item if theres any problem with it.

Yup ...I buy from aliexpress too...did not venture into that two step plan ...but some item in taobao are much cheaper and coupled with the shipping and service fee ...cheaper than aliexpress though.

May 30, 2014 at 12:15 PM Post #488 of 1,160
Me want treble :grin::yum:

the treble isn't friendly like er4p or miracle, at all!!!.... out of the box, it's gonna stab and pierce you on your back.

Update: after couple hours of burn in, the treble settles down a bit. i found the sound of tg38s is very2 thin and have bit recessed mids. soundstage wise, best of all buds i ever heard.

May 30, 2014 at 1:49 PM Post #489 of 1,160
Yes the soundstage on TG-38S is remarkable, as if I am stood on the stage, with my back to the band. I can easily pick out the variances in instruments positioning across the stereo spectrum, sounds really good with live/pre-recorded dynamic musical instruments, electric or acoustic.

I've been unable/unwilling to allow myself to leave these buds burn-in without listening to them. I initially had reservations about the bass being too robust, after 15 - 20 hours they have leavened off somewhat (no longer induce nausea as per day 1), however the treble can still sound a little bit too sharp, which can be helped depending on which source/components one uses to listen to music with.

May 30, 2014 at 5:45 PM Post #491 of 1,160
After receiving the 38s yesterday I received another package today which I expected to be the JL1, however after unpacking I found the tc100!! Not that I am complaining but I wonder why though, did they run out of JL1? And I have another coming my way from dasetn since I didn't realize they already send me the tc100. Anyway a quick listen showed way less edgy high notes which the tg38s has. We'll have to give them some burn in.

May 30, 2014 at 6:02 PM Post #492 of 1,160
So, how is the size of the TC vs. the TG38S. No fit issues?

May 30, 2014 at 6:22 PM Post #493 of 1,160
After receiving the 38s yesterday I received another package today which I expected to be the JL1, however after unpacking I found the tc100!! Not that I am complaining but I wonder why though, did they run out of JL1? And I have another coming my way from dasetn since I didn't realize they already send me the tc100. Anyway a quick listen showed way less edgy high notes which the tg38s has. We'll have to give them some burn in.

From google translating a couple of chinese forum threads it seems there were problems with the JL1 housing and the TC100 is the replacement.

This is the poorly translated post I'm basing this info on, from tieba.baidu.com. The post doesn't make a huge amount of sense in its translated form but I think my assumptions regarding its meaning are correct:

[The new "TC100" notice] TINGO listen brother: new dual moving coil ear "TC100" Coming Soon ...... 
2013 end TINGO launch limited edition double dynamic exchange earplugs "JL1" (which is used in DIY PK1 cavity formed), exchange only for old customers to use, due to the cavity, and other hardware units reasons, there has been a lot of non- avoid problems. Such as noise, unglued, etc. ...... 
2014 upcoming self-developed double action circle "TC100", because JL1 lesson, "TC100" After TINGO team designed and also the upcoming deployment of the next! In mid-March, is expected to be listed ...... 
"TC100" uses a metal cavity, and soft plastic handle ...... 
"TC100" after repeated tuning, sound quality has been highly praised some of the old burned ......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back