Dasetn/Tingo/Baldoor earbuds Reviews and Impressions
May 27, 2014 at 5:03 PM Post #451 of 1,160

TG-38S does have better extension at both ends. The clarity and details are excellent at both.
TG-38S' bass goes lower and punches cleaner, but TG-JL1 isn't too shabby either.

TG-JL1 is very balanced, and is much less of a risk with "hot" recordings.

It will be interesting how the TC00 does. The TG38S is 20-22,000 and the TC00 is 16-22,000. If they did pull off a real noticeable low bass extension below the TG38s that will be very impressive.

May 27, 2014 at 7:40 PM Post #452 of 1,160

It will be interesting how the TC00 does. The TG38S is 20-22,000 and the TC00 is 16-22,000. If they did pull off a real noticeable low bass extension below the TG38s that will be very impressive.

According to Dasetn's measurements, TC00 doesn't reach that low:

Anyway, anything below 20Hz is meaningless, as it's below our hearing threshold.

Both TG-38S and TG-JL1 play the 20Hz tone loud and clear:
http://www.audiocheck.net/soundtests_headphones.php

May 27, 2014 at 8:52 PM Post #453 of 1,160
The point of the numbers is in relation to other models. Does not really have to do with our hearing thresholds. 

Just like every other manufacturer they are saying it will reach lower just like an Audio-Technica phone rated to 5Hz will more than the one rated to 8Hz. Or in your case maybe the JVC cans like the S680 having a lower bass frequency number than the S500(and probably also listed well below 20,000Hz).

I think the TG38S can be bettered. I have heard earbuds that go a bit lower though I have stated they are probably the best I have heard in total range/reach combining low to high.

Do we have the Dasetn graph for both? Not really gonna tells us much with just one. Anyway the real world test will be in my ears with my stuff.  If the TC00 are too big for someone's ears the TG38S will beat them in bass extension. Graphs and specs are of minor importance for what we will hear in the real world as far as buds are concerned. Just that Tingo are indeed claiming the TC00 to be superior in that regard and I said "if" it turns out to be true it will be a good job. How it may turn out will be at least a bit different for most people and will depend on quite a few factors.

I certainly don't have them yet and not putting forth anything other than stating the Tingo specs and the inference that most people on Head-fi usually take from a lower number like that.

May 28, 2014 at 2:59 AM Post #454 of 1,160
Hey guys, I am looking to pick up new earbuds. I currently use earbuds that came with my iphone, so just about anything you recommended is going to be better. I'm having a hard time choosing, all the earbuds mentioned on this thread seem pretty great.  So far the ones that have noticed are m760, TG-38S and m1. Which one is the better overall earbud or would you recommend something else?

May 28, 2014 at 3:23 AM Post #455 of 1,160
Different people have different tastes. As these will not cause you a lot, I suggest you buy them all because only you can really judge which is better FOR YOU (just like what I did
biggrin.gif
 ). Unfortunately, all of them are still in-transit so I cannot speak for myself yet. 

May 28, 2014 at 3:57 AM Post #456 of 1,160
  Different people have different tastes. As these will not cause you a lot, I suggest you buy them all because only you can really judge which is better FOR YOU (just like what I did
biggrin.gif
 ). Unfortunately, all of them are still in-transit so I cannot speak for myself yet. 

good marketining, its almost like you work for some1 lol...
the guy  will probably be satisfied with ANY of these buds but  you suggested all of em. lol :D

as of now i bought the 38S and not really satisfied they are a bit too crispy for me, the treble is too high...

May 28, 2014 at 4:18 AM Post #457 of 1,160
  Hey guys, I am looking to pick up new earbuds. I currently use earbuds that came with my iphone, so just about anything you recommended is going to be better. I'm having a hard time choosing, all the earbuds mentioned on this thread seem pretty great.  So far the ones that have noticed are m760, TG-38S and m1. Which one is the better overall earbud or would you recommend something else?

I own all you mentioned.  My pick would be M760.  Only problem is quality control issue where one pair may be inconsistent with another pair due to the DIY nature. You may be safer buying 2 pair.  That's what I did but got lucky and ended up "2 good pair."

May 28, 2014 at 5:08 AM Post #458 of 1,160
the guy  will probably be satisfied with ANY of these buds but  you suggested all of em. lol :D

as of now i bought the 38S and not really satisfied they are a bit too crispy for me, the treble is too high...

You should switch to TG-JL1 then

May 28, 2014 at 6:15 AM Post #460 of 1,160

well, if that's how you see it, then dasetn should start including me in their payroll. your statement proves that I'm pretty well qualified for the position. hahaha. that's the safest suggestion that I could give for now until i finally could hear all of them and decide which one i prefer. this may not be for this thread but im also curious about Awei ES10 as they have very good customer feedback in Aliexpress. the Hifiman ES100 is really promising, too. Waiting for more info. 
popcorn.gif

May 28, 2014 at 7:34 AM Post #461 of 1,160
  well, if that's how you see it, then dasetn should start including me in their payroll. your statement proves that I'm pretty well qualified for the position. hahaha. that's the safest suggestion that I could give for now until i finally could hear all of them and decide which one i prefer. this may not be for this thread but im also curious about Awei ES10 as they have very good customer feedback in Aliexpress. the Hifiman ES100 is really promising, too. Waiting for more info. 
popcorn.gif

I am completely shocked by the $4 ES10. I honestly can't understand how it can only cost 4 bucks. Mind you they have their shortcomings but the overall package for price is just unreal. I despise J cords with all my heart and perhaps it can't reach all that high up or all that low...but it's $4! I will probably buy a bunch of these for workouts and whatnot.

May 28, 2014 at 7:36 AM Post #462 of 1,160
well, if that's how you see it, then dasetn should start including me in their payroll. your statement proves that I'm pretty well qualified for the position. hahaha. that's the safest suggestion that I could give for now until i finally could hear all of them and decide which one i prefer. this may not be for this thread but im also curious about Awei ES10 as they have very good customer feedback in Aliexpress. the Hifiman ES100 is really promising, too. Waiting for more info. :popcorn:

I have Awei ES10 and I like it very much and for the price on eBay about USD 5 - 7 ...damm good buy . Try it and even if you dont like ...can always give it to someone.

IMHO ...Bass and sub bass ...basshead level ....with pretty good detail in treble. Mid reccessed though but for the price ..worth every penny. After burn in ..bass actually tone down a bit but out of box ...man the bass hits hard and nothing else.

Peace Out :popcorn:

May 28, 2014 at 7:36 AM Post #463 of 1,160

I assume you have the Apple iPods? IMHO these are tot too bad at all, and I for one prefer them to the TG-38.
Your taste may vary of course, and as the others stated, the buds discussed here are cheap enough to buy them regardless.

May 28, 2014 at 7:43 AM Post #464 of 1,160
I am completely shocked by the $4 ES10. I honestly can't understand how it can only cost 4 bucks. Mind you they have their shortcomings but the overall package for price is just unreal. I despise J cords with all my heart and perhaps it can't reach all that high up or all that low...but it's $4! I will probably buy a bunch of these for workouts and whatnot.

I thought I was the only one with that impressions bcuz I have been using them for 2 years ..and it has serve me well ...so I bought a few more by bidding on eBay and got myself at USD 1 and 2 other at USD 3. Now down to 2 left ..use them in gym most of the time.

The J cord that I have is the white colour one but the rest of me AWEI ES10 black version are Y cord. Still in original packaging.

Cheers.

May 28, 2014 at 8:10 AM Post #465 of 1,160
I thought I was the only one with that impressions bcuz I have been using them for 2 years ..and it has serve me well ...so I bought a few more by bidding on eBay and got myself at USD 1 and 2 other at USD 3. Now down to 2 left ..use them in gym most of the time.

The J cord that I have is the white colour one but the rest of me AWEI ES10 black version are Y cord. Still in original packaging.

Cheers.

Y cord really?! Mine are the black version as well, though I purchased through FocalPrice.com. The packaging is nice for something so cheap. I don't know if you've read your package but it seems to be for an IEM as it states "3 eartip sizes" haha. Do you have a trusted ebay seller for these? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back