Dasetn/Tingo/Baldoor earbuds Reviews and Impressions
May 22, 2014 at 3:50 AM Post #331 of 1,160
I own and rank the following (by sound quality, not sound signature):

Blox TM7 > Desetn M760 (both black & red cabled versions) >= Blox BE5 >> Dasetn M1 >= Yuin PK1 >= Blox M2C > Tingo TG-38S*

* My set of TG-38S may be defective as it's even hard for me to believe they could be that bad. I ordered a 2nd pair but won't be able to test for a few months

TM7, M760 & BE5 are head and shoulders better than the rest
M1, PK1 and M2C are very close to each other

May 22, 2014 at 7:08 AM Post #332 of 1,160
  (...) but as I'm still in the market for a pair of earbuds with a mic, I think I'm going to get the blue ever blue 328RM's and I'll compare them to the Tingo's and Blox M2C's

Keep in mind that none of these have a mic.
For that purpose I use Apple's Earpods, and - dare I say it - I love them! Actually rank right behind the MX580 with even better bass performance

May 22, 2014 at 7:16 AM Post #333 of 1,160
I begin to be really worried about my package (TG-38s) from Dasetn.
(Ordered 28th april, package send 2th may).

I decided today to go and ask directly to my local post office with the tracking number you provided me and they told me to ask the seller because the package seems to still not enter France country yet. So there is a huge problem, as there is now almost a month and the package has still not leaved china country! Maybe the package has been stolen between leaving china or something.

Anyway, I asked Dasetn a second time because the first mail since few days still has been ignored (like many of you).
This will be my last one, and probably my last order from them. At the beginning, I really would like to order 2 more earbuds from your store but this problem has to be solving first, as I don’t want to pay again for nothing.
Yet customer support is close to zero. I think I will maybe buy another batch from aliexpress this time. I don't have hope to receive one day my package from dasetn, which I definitely not recommand.
I will maybe change my mind if they do something or offer me a pair for free or other something commercial, because this isn't acceptable.

Wait and see..

May 22, 2014 at 7:19 AM Post #334 of 1,160
My Tingo's were shipped (the free shipping option) on May 6th from Aliexpress trader Alice Zeng, however the Hong Kong Mail Tracking page has remained unchanged since May 8th, when the status of the package was listed as NULL, and location as CAN...

The 4 status headings are listed as the following :  Collection -> Opening -> Departure from outward office of exchange -> NULL.

The local postal service here in Ireland has no account of the item tracking number within its system.

Is it a bit soon to be concerned that the buds may have been lost ? They advise 15 - 34 days transit using the free shipping option, so we've a while to go yet. Just wonder if anyone else might advise what (if anything) the NULL and CAN actually mean ? I'm afraid that it could be shorthand for annulled and cancelled.

May 22, 2014 at 8:04 AM Post #335 of 1,160
  I begin to be really worried about my package (TG-38s) from Dasetn.
(Ordered 28th april, package send 2th may).

I decided today to go and ask directly to my local post office with the tracking number you provided me and they told me to ask the seller because the package seems to still not enter France country yet. So there is a huge problem, as there is now almost a month and the package has still not leaved china country! Maybe the package has been stolen between leaving china or something.

Anyway, I asked Dasetn a second time because the first mail since few days still has been ignored (like many of you).
This will be my last one, and probably my last order from them. At the beginning, I really would like to order 2 more earbuds from your store but this problem has to be solving first, as I don’t want to pay again for nothing.
Yet customer support is close to zero. I think I will maybe buy another batch from aliexpress this time. I don't have hope to receive one day my package from dasetn, which I definitely not recommand.
I will maybe change my mind if they do something or offer me a pair for free or other something commercial, because this isn't acceptable.

Wait and see..

When I bought my MX1 (earlier version of M1) from Dasetn on Ebay, it never arrived. About 5 or 6 weeks after the day it was shipped, I contacted Dasetn and wrote that I hadn't received the MX1, and I got a refund. I then placed another order and this time the earbuds reached me...

May 22, 2014 at 8:07 AM Post #336 of 1,160
  On my TG-38S, I would not describe the mids as recessed either, but I could see how someone might describe it that way due to the lows and highs being so forward and pronounced.  So it might be a relative matter.  It's too bad that I left for an overseas assignment and didn't get a chance to test the 2nd pair of TG-38S that I ordered.  I was optimistic about the Tingo but it seems the pair I received might be defective because the tizzyness never went away with burn in as others have reported.  And I don't believe it's the source as the Tingo sounded bad out of Geek 450 (very highly regarded DAC/amp) and unamped out of Samsung Note 3.  Other earbuds & earphones I own that sound great are Blox TM7, M760, Hifiman RE-600, Westone 4 and Sony MDR-7550.

second this, way toooo disappointing, tried many sources and did not change anything at all, i bought many pairs from dasetn and this is the first time i have this negative experience.
even worse since i expected a lot from all those previous review :frowning2: 

May 22, 2014 at 8:27 AM Post #338 of 1,160

When I bought my MX1 (earlier version of M1) from Dasetn on Ebay, it never arrived. About 5 or 6 weeks after the day it was shipped, I contacted Dasetn and wrote that I hadn't received the MX1, and I got a refund. I then placed another order and this time the earbuds reached me...

I think I will ask the same then, I will wait for 2 weeks more before, but of course if they answer ! :)
How many days/weeks did you had to wait for your second pair from dasetn ?

May 22, 2014 at 8:31 AM Post #340 of 1,160

They are very transparent, so you audio chain will show all its weaknesses.
What's your DAC/Amp?

transparent? lol dont think its transparent at all, tried various gear from basic mobile phone to desktop combo with dac/amp/ic and power cord.
the better the sources the clearer annoying sibilant hissing sound from back ground...........with more forgiving sources such audio-gd sa1.32/sa31 combo or wolfson based/nos dac i can barely tolerate it. With audiogd nfb28->firestone tobby....totally unacceptable

with my note2: quite ok, not great not really bad but defnitely not outperform anything from the dasetn a8,pk2 diy or blox m2c. Tried some other portable dap such sony z/x/ipod 5.5/zune/hd5/ and special sony md nh1.................................same result.

will leave it burn in for about 100 hours but i wont believe it can reach the "review level you mentioned"

May 22, 2014 at 8:34 AM Post #341 of 1,160
  transparent? lol dont think its transparent at all, tried various gear from basic mobile phone to desktop combo with dac/amp/ic and power cord.
the better the sources the clearer annoying sibilant hissing sound from back ground...........with more forgiving sources such audio-gd sa1.32/sa31 combo or wolfson based/nos dac i can barely tolerate it. With audiogd nfb28->firestone tobby....totally unacceptable

with my note2: quite ok, not great not really bad but defnitely not outperform anything from the dasetn a8,pk2 diy or blox m2c. Tried some other portable dap such sony z/x/ipod 5.5/zune/hd5/ and special sony md nh1.................................same result.

will leave it burn in for about 100 hours but i wont believe it can reach the "review level you mentioned"

Can you and everybody else who complain about sibilance/tizziness post some tracks I can test?

May 22, 2014 at 8:37 AM Post #343 of 1,160

Can you and everybody else who complain about sibilance post some tracks I can test?

lol tried many tracks most rip from original cd and some were bought from apple itune store.

and this does not happen with other earbuds such pk2,pk1,sen 880,980 and few other earbud from dasetn, dont get me wrong i love dasetn earbuds, i even rate the pk2 diy from dasetn higher than the original yuin pk2

May 22, 2014 at 8:50 AM Post #344 of 1,160
  lol tried many tracks most rip from original cd and some were bought from apple itune store.

and this does not happen with other earbuds such pk2,pk1,sen 880,980 and few other earbud from dasetn, dont get me wrong i love dasetn earbuds, i even rate the pk2 diy from dasetn higher than the original yuin pk2

Can you post some Youtube/Grooveshark links to test?

May 22, 2014 at 9:01 AM Post #345 of 1,160

Can you post some Youtube/Grooveshark links to test?

you can try you tube
black more night - vagabond
night wish- turn loose the mermaids 
sarah brightman - scarborough fair
few pop tracks such maroon5,pink and katy perry

i actually tried more but this happened on all "songs" and all "source combo"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back