Dasetn/Tingo/Baldoor earbuds Reviews and Impressions
May 20, 2014 at 4:06 AM Post #302 of 1,160

Do you have a tracking number for the TG-38S? Try tracking it here: http://intmail.183.com.cn/icc-itemtraceen.jsp
It sometime takes 4-6 weeks.

Thanks Ben! My hopes are now back. It finally entered Manila last 5/8. I wonder when is the next status update. Getting excited again. Hopefully the JL1 from Ali will arrive faster. My Studio V 3ANV is also on its way. Need to get a band for a grand welcome party! My OK1 is preparing for a head-to-head showdown. 

May 20, 2014 at 11:35 AM Post #305 of 1,160
Currently have the TG-38S burning in with some Pandora. I feel sorta jipped since others like them so much. I hope the burn in helps the overall sound, so I can enjoy them as the rest of you do.

I've do not have any issues with comfort or sealing. And they do have a balanced sound.

May 20, 2014 at 11:44 AM Post #306 of 1,160
Currently have the TG-38S burning in with some Pandora. I feel sorta jipped since others like them so much. I hope the burn in helps the overall sound, so I can enjoy them as the rest of you do.

I've do not have any issues with comfort or sealing. And they do have a balanced sound.

They are very transparent, so you audio chain will show all its weaknesses.
What's your DAC/Amp?

May 20, 2014 at 11:48 AM Post #307 of 1,160
What's your DAC/Amp?

FiiO E07K

Though never had a problem with using this DAC/Amp with any other of the earbuds/headphones I have liked so much. I know it is not a higher model, but has worked well for me so far.

May 20, 2014 at 12:37 PM Post #308 of 1,160

What's your DAC/Amp?

FiiO E07K

Though never had a problem with using this DAC/Amp with any other of the earbuds/headphones I have liked so much. I know it is not a higher model, but has worked well for me so far.

I have FIIO E17, and it's too warm and noisy for my favorite transparent headphones.
The main problem is the amplifier part, and you can bypass it by using http://www.mp4nation.net/fiio-l7-line-out-dock-lod-for-fiio-e7-usb-dac-amp and a good clear amp like E12.
In the future, if you can upgrade to ODAC, you will have a perfect combination of a neutral DAC and amp.

May 20, 2014 at 12:45 PM Post #309 of 1,160
I have FIIO E17, and it's too warm and noisy for my favorite transparent headphones.
The main problem is the amplifier part, and you can bypass it by using http://www.mp4nation.net/fiio-l7-line-out-dock-lod-for-fiio-e7-usb-dac-amp and a good clear amp like E12.
In the future, if you can upgrade to ODAC, you will have a perfect combination of a neutral DAC and amp.

I was just hoping that the FiiO E07K would drive the TG-38S as well as it did with the DIY PK3 I loved so much (But broke quickly).

Lucky for me, the E07K also drives the Blue Ever Blue - Black (BEB - 328R) decently well.

May 20, 2014 at 1:27 PM Post #310 of 1,160

I was just hoping that the FiiO E07K would drive the TG-38S as well as it did with the DIY PK3 I loved so much (But broke quickly).

Lucky for me, the E07K also drives the Blue Ever Blue - Black (BEB - 328R) decently well.

"Driving" is not the problem, E07K has plenty of power. Its amplifier is just too veiled, which counteracts TG-38S strongest quality - clarity.

May 20, 2014 at 1:32 PM Post #311 of 1,160
Apparently I am just impatient. The M1 and Tingo have arrived. I'm going to do a quick listen and then set them for burn in. Initially I'd say the M1 has a bit of mid scoop but bass is punchy, maybe a little too V shaped for my taste. Still fun though. The TG38s have a little tizziness up top but I expect that to drop after some burn in. Definitely a contender for my top bud but M760 has my heart at the moment. I'm going to have to measure the diameter of the housings. I feel like the Yuins were slightly too small, the MX500 OEM housing is just too big, but the M760 is just right. Could be my imagination though. I'll break out the calipers after work.

May 20, 2014 at 4:29 PM Post #312 of 1,160
can we still order the M760 with the black cable and casing?i'd like to try it but kind of put off by the color. anyone wants to sell his? :)

May 20, 2014 at 10:17 PM Post #313 of 1,160
Well according to the websites the tg-38s and tg-jl1 have shipped. Only I cannot find a tracking number for the shipment from dasetn. At the moment I am still burning in the Blox BE5, after 36 hours they start to open up but I don't think (and hope) they are there yet. Is it me or do they need a bit more power than the Blox ANV3.

May 21, 2014 at 3:30 AM Post #314 of 1,160
For my part, TG-38s ordered since 30th april and shipped since 2th may.
I have a tracking number but it looks not moving since ages, still stuck at "2014-05-09 00:26, FOC, AVIATION, FRANCE, FR".

By waiting, I received 2 days ago my second pair of Awei ES10 (this time in white color). After reading the notice, it seems that they have been produced in february 2014, where my black one was at november 2013.
Anyway they seems to still suffer from L and R inversed (not a major problem anyway, you just have to put "R" into your left ear ^^).
This second pair looks sounding the exact same as my first batch, which is a good thing and sign of quality/regularity from Awei.
Each buds coming with a plastic box with basic grey foam directly posed into the buds, but I replaced them directly with donut foams from my PK1.
Sound is like I described in my previous post, with original foams I feel like there is less precise bass and highs are a bit more hidden.
For the moment, I'am more satisfied to listen at my ES10's than my PK1. I think I won't anymore buy anymore any earbud that costs hundred of dollars, as it's so rarely justified nowadays.

Anyway, definitely can't wait to receive my TG-38s, damn lucky guys!
smily_headphones1.gif

'laters

May 21, 2014 at 10:00 AM Post #315 of 1,160
Long time since I contributed to this thread. It's great to see discussions about new earbud models! And it's nice that Dasetn is getting the recognition they deserve (when I first bought earbuds from Dasetn on Ebay, I thought it was one guy who did it all by himself).

I have ordered a pair of Tingo TG-38S and I'd like to check the JL1 out as well.

Right now, the Dasetn M1/MX1 (older version of M1 with better cable) are my favorites. These cheap and great sounding Chinese earbuds have made me lose interest in collecting more vintage Sony and Aiwa earbuds. My wallet is certainly happy about that fact! I would like a pair of Aiwa HP-V9 and HP-V99, but I'd have to sell one of my kidneys for a pair of V9 and the V99 isn't cheap either. But why bother when I can get as good or even better sounding earbuds for $20-30?
The only earbud I've heard with a wider soundstage and better detail/instrument separation/layering than Dasetn M1/MX1 are the Aiwa HP-D9, but those are terribly unbalanced and need a lot of bass boost because of their thin bass response.

Anyway, I hope that Dasetn can get hold of Tingo JL1 for their web shop...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back