Dasetn/Tingo/Baldoor earbuds Reviews and Impressions
May 19, 2014 at 2:03 PM Post #286 of 1,160
My tracking # for the TG-38S shows it was delivered today (ordered from Aliexpress on April 28th), but I won't be able to get the package and try them until I get off from work later tonight. 

Honestly, I have never tried the Yuin's, Blox, or Dasetn products...in fact never these higher quality earbuds, so I won't be able to compare from that perspective. 

But I do have a wide range of other earbuds and headphones as a point of reference....Grado SR80 headphones, Koss Portapros, AKG 314P earbuds, headset that came with Samsung Galaxy s4 (yea, we have to compare with the 'crappy' stuff sometimes so we aren't disillusioned), etc...

I admit I am no audiophile.  I am bad at describing differences in sound detail.  But I have listened to the same songs enough to know which ones sound good and which do not.   So I hope I will be able to give a slightly different perspective to those who are on the fence and just looking for an alternative to their phone bundled earphones or earbuds for portability.  My expectations are low, but if they sound in the ballpark to how they were described here, then I'm happy.

May 19, 2014 at 2:09 PM Post #287 of 1,160
earbuds that came with Samsung Galaxy s4,

eek.gif
confused.gif
frown.gif
basshead.gif
blink.gif
confused_face_2.gif

May 19, 2014 at 2:53 PM Post #288 of 1,160
When I'm at work and see the "Out for delivery" status on an item, I can't wait to get home. My PO tends to deliver at the same time each day ... so I have to go home and try them on - then tell you guys I tried them on but that they haven't burned in yet.

May 19, 2014 at 4:07 PM Post #289 of 1,160
  I'm ready to retract my calling the Tingo's highs artificial - I narrowed it down to my DAC doing odd things after other IEMs and headphones sounded odd.

So yep, now 100% happy and they're at the top of my pile too currently, although I will probably pick up some BE5s too (if anyone selling PM me!)

Are you dethroning PK1?

May 19, 2014 at 4:37 PM Post #290 of 1,160
how come people have extreme opinions with the 38s? well, still waiting for it and with all the varying impressions with the Tingo, I might order the M760 just to try. Still im in doubt as it may never arrive also.

That's the problem with transparent headphones - they show imperfections in the audio chain and get blamed for it.

A lot of people recently reported wrong shipment from Dasetn, Aliexpress store so far had no complains:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Tingo-tg-jl1-dual-voice-coil-croons-earplugs-double-circle-earphones-38s/1820018644.html

If only they carried M760 too
tongue_smile.gif

May 19, 2014 at 7:15 PM Post #291 of 1,160
Can i still claim for a refund from Dasetn? Has anyone tried that? My 38s has not arrived yet. JL1 from Ali is on its way though. Crossing my fingers...

May 19, 2014 at 8:13 PM Post #292 of 1,160
May 19, 2014 at 8:30 PM Post #293 of 1,160
Can i still claim for a refund from Dasetn? Has anyone tried that? My 38s has not arrived yet. JL1 from Ali is on its way though. Crossing my fingers...

Mine hasn't arrived yet either. I ordered on May 2. I just sent him a pm but I don't think they're awake there yet. The last time he contacted me right back with tracking info so I'm not concerned.

May 19, 2014 at 11:37 PM Post #296 of 1,160
Have only been using the TG-38S for a couple hours now.  So far I'm happy with them as they seem worth 2 -3x the price I paid.  The construction of the earbuds seem solid.  My only minor concern would be the wire as it feels thin and soft.  I hope it holds up well.  In terms of sound, my general impressions so far is that there is more soundstage than the average earbud.  Instead of voices sounding like they are singing right close to your ear, it feels like there is a little more space around your head..  I had to use the provided foam tips so that there was adequate bass.  Without them, bass is a bit low.  The bass is punchy and is tight.  I'd say the detail is pretty good at both low and high volumes as I can hear a bit more clarity in the instruments.  If you are looking to upgrade from your average or stock earbud, I'd definitely recommend these for those venturing into better quality earbuds.

May 20, 2014 at 12:17 AM Post #297 of 1,160
  Have only been using the TG-38S for a couple hours now.  So far I'm happy with them as they seem worth 2 -3x the price I paid.  The construction of the earbuds seem solid.  My only minor concern would be the wire as it feels thin and soft.  I hope it holds up well.  In terms of sound, my general impressions so far is that there is more soundstage than the average earbud.  Instead of voices sounding like they are singing right close to your ear, it feels like there is a little more space around your head..  I had to use the provided foam tips so that there was adequate bass.  Without them, bass is a bit low.  The bass is punchy and is tight.  I'd say the detail is pretty good at both low and high volumes as I can hear a bit more clarity in the instruments.  If you are looking to upgrade from your average or stock earbud, I'd definitely recommend these for those venturing into better quality earbuds.

But are they better than Blox, PK1, or MX985? I have a TinGo on the way from Dasetn and would like to know. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back