Dasetn/Tingo/Baldoor earbuds Reviews and Impressions
May 15, 2014 at 11:39 PM Post #241 of 1,160
 I see that some brave people already started ordering TG-JL1 from Aliexpress before the full review:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Tingo-tg-jl1-dual-voice-coil-croons-earplugs-double-circle-earphones-38s/1820018644.html

I've asked the seller if she'll be able to provide as many items as needed, despite Taobao listing saying that only 30 were available.
She said not to worry - "do not believe them. I will give you as much as you want".
Sure hope she knows what she is talking about.

Ben, I hate you for the "heavenly" word! I pulled the trigger on the JL1. Now I have both Tingo's on the way (38S and JL1). I am still holding high hopes that the 38S from Dasetn will arrive (almost 3 weeks now since order date). These should sound good or else...
deadhorse.gif

May 16, 2014 at 5:03 AM Post #242 of 1,160

It does have black tungsten coating and sounds heavenly.

Can you clarify what you mean by this, BenF? Are the Yuin shells actually coated in tungsten metal? I would be extremely surprised that they would coat plastic in metal. If so, I'll purchase one just for the novelty of having some metal earbuds. Can you post more pictures of the JL1 side by side with Yuin shells for comparison if you own any? Thanks! 

May 16, 2014 at 8:50 AM Post #243 of 1,160
I ordered 1 M760 (grey cable) from Dasetn and in a separate transaction, ordered 1 additional M760 (red cable), 2 Tingo 38S and an M1.  On my second order, 1 Tingo is missing.  Email requests for customer service have been unanswered.  The headphones I did receive are burning in now.  Impressions to follow.

May 16, 2014 at 9:09 AM Post #244 of 1,160
  I ordered 1 M760 (grey cable) from Dasetn and in a separate transaction, ordered 1 additional M760 (red cable), 2 Tingo 38S and an M1.  On my second order, 1 Tingo is missing.  Email requests for customer service have been unanswered.  The headphones I did receive are burning in now.  Impressions to follow.

I had luck PMing Richard Ray on here when I had an issue with my first order.

By the way anyone have both versions of the M760? I have the piano black version with black cable. Just curious if the grey/red are any different.

May 16, 2014 at 9:10 AM Post #245 of 1,160
  Ben, I hate you for the "heavenly" word! I pulled the trigger on the JL1. Now I have both Tingo's on the way (38S and JL1). I am still holding high hopes that the 38S from Dasetn will arrive (almost 3 weeks now since order date). These better sound good or else...
deadhorse.gif

same here.
only problem i have with those blox and tingo buds are their size and how they dont fit the ear cannal well.
thats why i ordered the JL1, because i have yui pk2 for over 6 years now and just inlove with their housing!

May 16, 2014 at 9:46 AM Post #246 of 1,160
  Can you clarify what you mean by this, BenF? Are the Yuin shells actually coated in tungsten metal? I would be extremely surprised that they would coat plastic in metal. If so, I'll purchase one just for the novelty of having some metal earbuds. Can you post more pictures of the JL1 side by side with Yuin shells for comparison if you own any? Thanks! 

Dead curious to hear comparisons to Yuin PK3, the Tingos, Blox, etc for these...

May 16, 2014 at 9:54 AM Post #247 of 1,160
I had luck PMing Richard Ray on here when I had an issue with my first order.

By the way anyone have both versions of the M760? I have the piano black version with black cable. Just curious if the grey/red are any different.

Thanks Dan. I will try contacting Richard. I do have both versions. Sorry I was going on memory. One M760 is black housing with black/greyish? cable with the integrated volume slider. Other M760 is brownish/grey with red cable. I received the black M760 first so it's got more burn in. Once they are nearly same level I can provide comparisons. Please note any variations can also be attributed to random quality variations with DIY and not inherent in the design.

May 16, 2014 at 10:49 AM Post #248 of 1,160
  same here.
only problem i have with those blox and tingo buds are their size and how they dont fit the ear cannal well.
thats why i ordered the JL1, because i have yui pk2 for over 6 years now and just inlove with their housing!

I hope you misspoke and aren't really trying to shove them down the ear canal.

May 16, 2014 at 11:03 PM Post #251 of 1,160
See http://www.head-fi.org/t/711844/dasetn-tingo-baldoor-earbuds-reviews-and-impressions/975#post_10668423 instead

Yuin PK1 review:

Bass - anemic
Mids - OK
Highs - very subdued
Soundstage - very small. Feels like the singer is standing in front of me between 2 walls.
Resolution - very bad, so many details are lost! This may have been a good thing when PK1 came out (during the MP 128Kbps craze).
                    But now, with all the hi quality music around, this is simply unacceptable.

I have to make them very loud to make them sound decent - AKA "the showroom effect".
I never feel like I'm at a concert or in a recording studio, it feels more like I'm sitting next to a speaker that plays music at me.
There is no immersion in the music.

For 160$, you really can't find a worse way to spend your money.

Yuin PK2 review:

Bass - anemic
Mids - much better than PK1
Highs - much better than PK1
Soundstage - much better than PK1
Resolution - much better than PK1

IMHO, PK2 sounds clearly superior to PK1. It may have been considered inferior when low quality music was the standard, but now it's the other way around.

When I was A/B-ing PK1 and PK2, PK2 sounded amazing, but comparing to other (better) earbuds, it's not worth its 80$ price tag either.

Big thanks to swmkdr for sending me the Yuins.

May 16, 2014 at 11:13 PM Post #252 of 1,160
Tingo TG-JL1 review:

This is supposed to be TG-38S' big brother. But is it possible to improve on perfection? Probably not - but you can try to redefine it.
TG-Jl1's main attraction is its mids - thick and lush. I've said before it sounds "heavenly" - and I stand by it.
If TG-38s is Havi B3 Pro MK1 in earbud form, TG-JL1 more reminds FAD Heaven IV - although not as bassy.

In order to achieve these mids, something had to give - the bass hits not as hard nor as tight, treble is not as extended, and the soundstage is smaller.
The bass is now somewhere around ANV3SE level, so it's still pretty good. FIIO E12's bass boost definitely helps.
Soundstage is still pretty big, larger than PK1 and PK2, on a level with M760.
Detail retreival is almost as good as TG-38S, better than the rest.

The build is much better than the PK series - the black tungsten coating of the shell makes it look like an expensive item.
Weirdly, there is no "Tingo" anywhere.
The cable is the same as on Dasetn PK IE8 - with a chin slider and a nice plug.
Next to it, the 160$ PK1 looks like a Dickensian orphan.
If I had to guess which one costs more than 5 times than the other - I would have never guessed correctly.

TG-JL1 feels a little bigger than PK1, possibly due to the coating. Took a lot of fidgeting to place them correctly in my ears.

TG-JL1 isn't hard to drive, but needs more power than TG-38S.

Overall, I have to place it behind TG-38S, even though some people may prefer TG-JL1, especially with vocals.
It will come down to sound signature preference more than to technical abilities.
And if you haven't heard TG-38S - you may think it simply doesn't get any better.
Considering it's sound, price, looks, and a possible collectible status - highly recommended!

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Tingo-tg-jl1-dual-voice-coil-croons-earplugs-double-circle-earphones-38s/1820018644.html

May 17, 2014 at 12:36 AM Post #254 of 1,160
Ben, the more you give your impressions, the more it gets exciting for me. Still anticipating its arrival soon. What's the impedance of both the 38s and the JL1? Wow! The JL1 looks very classy compared to the Yuins. Looks alone makes it worth 10x its price!

May 17, 2014 at 1:06 AM Post #255 of 1,160
PK1 really needs an amp or it sounds poopy. . .I like the shine on the new Tin Gos. . .looks like I have another order to make. . .and all of these Chinese buds cost less than $100 FOR ALL OF THEM!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back