Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Dasetn/Tingo/Baldoor earbuds Reviews and Impressions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Dasetn/Tingo/Baldoor earbuds Reviews and Impressions - Page 66  

post #976 of 1160
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenSHK View Post
 

That's what I was originally trying to get at too. I think sometimes this thread tries to make their own self-fulfilling prophecies and goes just a bit too far into the absurd when everyone gets kind of excited. The truth probably is that half of these earbuds aren't even significantly/authoritatively better than the new apple earpods if they are better at all *gasp* (dreams shattered).

 

When the HD650s were mentioned I had a good chuckle.

 

With that said, some of these buds do sound extraordinarily nice like the M760, and you know it's probably true when its unanimous praise.


And on the other hand, some of these $15 earbuds sound [almost] as good as $150 earbuds such as Sennheiser MX980/Blox TM7. I've received my pairs of Baldoor E100 and G.K. KZ OMX2 and both sound great. The OMX2 are a bit darker sounding than the E100, but with a bit of treble boost they open up. I'd say that these two earbuds plus Tingo TC100 and Dasetn MX1/M1 have cured me of my desire to pay hundreds of dollars to buy vintage Sony and Aiwa earbuds. Those oldies often sound amazing, better than just about anything made between around 1995-2010 (including Yuin PK2 & PK3), but these low price earbuds come very close to both the old top end Sony and Aiwa earbuds and also the current top end earbuds.
Heck, the Hisoundaudio Living that I bought for $99 (originally retailed at $149) aren't as good as the four cheap earbuds that I mentioned. The Yuin PK2 is also beat by them, at least when it comes to soundstage depth.

I also bought the Awei ES10 and they sound great for the price, but not as good as the E100/OMX2/TC100/M(X)1...

post #977 of 1160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danneq View Post
 


And on the other hand, some of these $15 earbuds sound [almost] as good as $150 earbuds such as Sennheiser MX980/Blox TM7. I've received my pairs of Baldoor E100 and G.K. KZ OMX2 and both sound great. The OMX2 are a bit darker sounding than the E100, but with a bit of treble boost they open up. I'd say that these two earbuds plus Tingo TC100 and Dasetn MX1/M1 have cured me of my desire to pay hundreds of dollars to buy vintage Sony and Aiwa earbuds. Those oldies often sound amazing, better than just about anything made between around 1995-2010 (including Yuin PK2 & PK3), but these low price earbuds come very close to both the old top end Sony and Aiwa earbuds and also the current top end earbuds.
Heck, the Hisoundaudio Living that I bought for $99 (originally retailed at $149) aren't as good as the four cheap earbuds that I mentioned. The Yuin PK2 is also beat by them, at least when it comes to soundstage depth.

I also bought the Awei ES10 and they sound great for the price, but not as good as the E100/OMX2/TC100/M(X)1...

Danneq, if you are looking to get a new earbud try the M760. I really think these are one of the better ones that could give the MX980/TM7 a good run for their money (although I've heard neither). 

post #978 of 1160

What's the required burn-in hours to remove the sibilance from Tingo-38S? Is it really effective? Just received mine yesterday from aliexpress seller and initial impression is very good except for the hot top-end that tends to be sibilant in most tracks that I have. I'm amazed how open and clear the sounds coming from these buds is. The bass can be improved though. Running this thru the Studio V at 17-18 volume. Though too early, I made a simple mod covering the holes at the sides with a tape adhesive and it took away the sibilance a little bit and gave it a bit of body on the notes. I will continue the burn-in process and appreciate if anybody can recommend a proper burn-in procedure and for how long. I had almost 15+ hrs already as of this moment of continuous playing and listen every once in a while. I didn't notice yet any significant change to the sounds overall. I still like it and might favor it over my OK1, TC100 and SE2 if the sibilance will totally disappear. This really has the potential. Let's see. Btw, the Dasetn contenders, M760 and M1, are still on its way. Hopefully they will arrive. The 38S that I ordered thru Dasetn's site last April 28 did not arrive at all. I will definitely file for a refund.


Edited by jrazmar - 6/26/14 at 1:19am
post #979 of 1160

What's the difference in sq between tingo 38s and baldoor e100?

post #980 of 1160
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by shak85 View Post
 

What's the difference in sq between tingo 38s and baldoor e100?


Both are great, but different signatures - TG38S is U-shaped, EarBell is balanced. Earbell sounds similar to Yuin PK1,only with lusher mids are heavier punching bass. PK1 can also be sibilant sometime, Earbell not as much.

post #981 of 1160
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenSHK View Post
 

Danneq, if you are looking to get a new earbud try the M760. I really think these are one of the better ones that could give the MX980/TM7 a good run for their money (although I've heard neither). 

I think he already has/had one.

post #982 of 1160

who said Tingo Bass?

 

 

 

more like:


Edited by jenia1 - 6/26/14 at 3:45am
post #983 of 1160
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrazmar View Post
 

What's the required burn-in hours to remove the sibilance from Tingo-38S? Is it really effective? Just received mine yesterday from aliexpress seller and initial impression is very good except for the hot top-end that tends to be sibilant in most tracks that I have. I'm amazed how open and clear the sounds coming from these buds is. The bass can be improved though. Running this thru the Studio V at 17-18 volume. Though too early, I made a simple mod covering the holes at the sides with a tape adhesive and it took away the sibilance a little bit and gave it a bit of body on the notes. I will continue the burn-in process and appreciate if anybody can recommend a proper burn-in procedure and for how long. I had almost 15+ hrs already as of this moment of continuous playing and listen every once in a while. I didn't notice yet any significant change to the sounds overall. I still like it and might favor it over my OK1, TC100 and SE2 if the sibilance will totally disappear. This really has the potential. Let's see. Btw, the Dasetn contenders, M760 and M1, are still on its way. Hopefully they will arrive. The 38S that I ordered thru Dasetn's site last April 28 did not arrive at all. I will definitely file for a refund.


Physical burn-in (50-100 hours) will reduce treble a bit, and brain burn-in will make you less sensitive to it.

However, badly mastered and/or highly compressed music will still sound "hot".

You can try using 2 foams on it.

post #984 of 1160
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenF View Post
 

I think he already has/had one.

Yep. The one with black/original cable and volume slider...

post #985 of 1160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danneq View Post
 

Yep. The one with black/original cable and volume slider...

Do you still prefer the MX1 to your MX760? I read your earlier posts. 

post #986 of 1160

Yeah. The M760 has got a somewhat "thicker" sound, but otherwise I find them to be similar and I somehow gravitate towards the M1/MX1...

Out of the bunch of earbuds that I've bought lately, I'm especially impressed with Baldoor Earbell E100. The KZ OMX2 is a bit dark but sounds good if you boost highs a bit. Tingo TC100 has got great detail but is slightly "thin sounding"...

post #987 of 1160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danneq View Post
 

Yeah. The M760 has got a somewhat "thicker" sound, but otherwise I find them to be similar and I somehow gravitate towards the M1/MX1...

Out of the bunch of earbuds that I've bought lately, I'm especially impressed with Baldoor Earbell E100. The KZ OMX2 is a bit dark but sounds good if you boost highs a bit. Tingo TC100 has got great detail but is slightly "thin sounding"...

That thicker sound is what I particularly enjoy about the M760. They have that sense of "heavier" lusher sound more associated with full size cans that are very hard for earbuds to reproduce. Coupled with the airiness/loose seal of pretty much all earbuds, they create a sense of expansive soundstage with lush balance that I think are particularly enjoyable. I think more people would prefer this type of sound signature over the Tingo Croons, but I understand if some people still don't like these the most. 

post #988 of 1160
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenSHK View Post
 

That thicker sound is what I particularly enjoy about the M760. They have that sense of "heavier" lusher sound more associated with full size cans that are very hard for earbuds to reproduce. Coupled with the airiness/loose seal of pretty much all earbuds, they create a sense of expansive soundstage with lush balance that I think are particularly enjoyable. I think more people would prefer this type of sound signature over the Tingo Croons, but I understand if some people still don't like these the most.

What you describe is exactly what I love about Dasetn M760.  That's why I put them up there as second only to Blox TM7.

post #989 of 1160
Thread Starter 

Here is my new Yuin PK1 review, after fixing the channel imbalance:

 

Bass - well controlled, not boomy at all. Doesn't go as low as TG-38S, but has more mid-bass.

Mids - Very clear, but a little on the thin side.  Female voices are too echo-ye and thin.

Highs - Very clear, extends very well - can be bright sometime.

Soundstage - above average

Resolution - above average

 

Not only does it require an amp, but it can also be picky about the amps.

Sounded a lot better out of GO1000 then out of GO1000 (in DAC mode) + E12.

post #990 of 1160
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenF View Post
 

Here is my new Yuin PK1 review, after fixing the channel imbalance:

 

Bass - well controlled, not boomy at all. Doesn't go as low as TG-38S, but has more mid-bass.

Mids - Very clear, but a little on the thin side.  Female voices are too echo-ye and thin.

Highs - Very clear, extends very well - can be bright sometime.

Soundstage - above average

Resolution - above average

 

Not only does it require an amp, but it can also be picky about the amps.

 

Sounded a lot better out of GO1000 then out of GO1000 (in DAC mode) + E12.

 

Hmm, I don't understant how you can say that 38s has better low than PK1. For me it's much quite the contrary.

PK1 is the best king of bass earbud (in term of quality, control and quantity) that I ever listened.

Same about echo thing on female voices, no problem here.

Maybe you picked a bad PK1 pair? if you comes one day in south of france, I will be pleased to let you try my pair, which have now over 1500+ hours, and sound his best, I'am pretty sure you will change your mind.

 

Btw, why not adding my 38s review into first post ? are you adding only positive reviews into first post ?


Edited by subwoof3r - 6/28/14 at 1:38pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Dasetn/Tingo/Baldoor earbuds Reviews and Impressions