Darkvoice 337 - A Review
Jan 30, 2010 at 3:17 PM Post #782 of 909
Quote:

Originally Posted by gordonshowers /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Please be aware that the 337 I received last month does *NOT* have pre-amp outs.

Can you post a pic of the back? There is only one set of RCA's on the back?

Jan 30, 2010 at 4:47 PM Post #784 of 909
i seen a pic recently of the newer model (maybe the last ?).
it did have just the two connectors on the back.

i have the 2009 version it came without the tube cage (although fittings are still there).
internally it looks like the se model (without the changed tube ).
are any two of these amps identical ?,there seem to be quite a few variations.

Jan 30, 2010 at 5:01 PM Post #785 of 909
Quote:

Originally Posted by wasp131 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i seen a pic recently of the newer model (maybe the last ?).
it did have just the two connectors on the back.

i have the 2009 version it came without the tube cage (although fittings are still there).
internally it looks like the se model (without the changed tube ).
are any two of these amps identical ?,there seem to be quite a few variations.

Heh, they've been going thru a lot of changes there. The tube cage is worthless, no loss there, unless you use tubes like the 6080's because the cage won't fit. I've never used the pre-amp outs, so no feedback there.

Jan 30, 2010 at 5:05 PM Post #786 of 909
I agree - the only thing the tube cage ever did for me was scratch the paint on my 337 when it shipped to me, since it came loose in transport. I never used it otherwise. They should have skipped it.

Jan 30, 2010 at 6:29 PM Post #787 of 909
I heard they stopped supplying the cage due to the damage it was inflicting on the amps finish during transit.looked hideous anyway.
i use mullard 6080's but i doubt i would ever use it.

Jan 31, 2010 at 9:18 PM Post #788 of 909
Quote:

Originally Posted by les_garten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can you post a pic of the back? There is only one set of RCA's on the back?

Sure. Yes, there is only one set of RCAs:
31012010132.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by alvin sawdust /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You have the latest version.

That's right, I think they removed the pre-outs half-way through 2009.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wasp131 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I heard they stopped supplying the cage due to the damage it was inflicting on the amps finish during transit.looked hideous anyway.
i use mullard 6080's but i doubt i would ever use it.

Strange, I ordered and received mine in December 2009 and it came with the tube cage. Needless to say, it was removed immediately after unpacking and will never go back on!

Jan 31, 2010 at 9:24 PM Post #789 of 909
Quote:

Originally Posted by gordonshowers /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sure. Yes, there is only one set of RCAs:
31012010132.jpg

That's right, I think they removed the pre-outs half-way through 2009.

Strange, I ordered and received mine in December 2009 and it came with the tube cage. Needless to say, it was removed immediately after unpacking and will never go back on!

Hi,
Thanx for the pic. I may convert mine to loop outs.

Mar 14, 2010 at 7:27 AM Post #791 of 909
I'm looking at buying a 337 (not SE) on Friday. I wish it had a bit more of a "tubey" sound to it--as from what I've read it's pretty neutral sounding--but I suspect I will be able to find some good tubes that will give it a bit more of the flavor I'm looking for. I will be pairing it with 650s and 770s (250ohm) so there should be no impedance problems. At the very least, I figure that this will be a very good amp to judge the success of the amp that I am in the process of designing.

I will probably be making some posts in the next few days/weeks regarding that design. In the mean time though, this amp will need some "tubey" tubes =D

Mar 14, 2010 at 1:00 PM Post #792 of 909
Well, I would start they with RCA 6AS7G's. As far as 6AS7's go, they are pretty tubey.

Mar 16, 2010 at 5:07 AM Post #793 of 909
That sounds good. I'll look into those while I wait for the 337 to arrive. I'm getting excited, for the amp, but more so that I think I am getting really close now to knowing enough to start consulting the forums here for what they want to see in a DIY amp project.

Mar 16, 2010 at 5:38 PM Post #795 of 909
Quote:

Originally Posted by LaurentZhang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can order it on Darkvoice website now: Darkvoice tube headphone amplifier amp China.

1st Post!

Welcome!

Do you have any changes to the 337 or 337SE to announce? I thought you had dropped the Pre-amp outputs, but I still see the pre-amp outputs in the pix on your website?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back