Darkvoice 336i & 336SE Tuberolling PartII
Apr 12, 2021 at 12:01 PM Post #9,166 of 14,511
Wow. I was thinking about buying Darkfin's DV so I could legitimately participate in this thread, but you folks are just too mean. I think I'll buy an amp with a forum where folks are more friendly and willing to put forth the effort that I am not. :p

Tip to Noobs: NEVER start your first post in a thread asking for help with something akin to 'I am new and too lazy...' -- even if you really are!! :D

Apr 12, 2021 at 1:05 PM Post #9,167 of 14,511
Apr 12, 2021 at 1:23 PM Post #9,168 of 14,511
Wow. I was thinking about buying Darkfin's DV so I could legitimately participate in this thread, but you folks are just too mean. I think I'll buy an amp with a forum where folks are more friendly and willing to put forth the effort that I am not. :p

Tip to Noobs: NEVER start your first post in a thread asking for help with something akin to 'I am new and too lazy...' -- even if you really are!! :D
He should have got an SS amp lol 😁😁 better. A German Violectric would do, he'll only need to remove the dust every now and then and probably pass it to his grandchildren too.
We should put your Noobs statement as a disclaimer upon signing in to a new Head-Fi account along with Darkfin Skull next to it ☠☠☠

Apr 12, 2021 at 1:35 PM Post #9,169 of 14,511
Speaking of removing dust. I'll cite that as an example wrong/right way to post for assistance:

WRONG: I'm too lazy to search and read, so do you guys have any tips on the best way to remove dust from an amp?

RIGHT: Hello. New here and I've done some reading* and searched the thread*. I've found a lot of suggestions and was thinking of using a microfiber cloth, but not really sure if I should use something else or combine that with a cleaner. What do you folks suggest.? Thanks in advance!!

* Didn't really read or search, but who would know. :wink:

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2021 at 1:47 PM Post #9,170 of 14,511
He should have got an SS amp lol 😁😁 better. A German Violectric would do, he'll only need to remove the dust every now and then and probably pass it to his grandchildren too.
We should put your Noobs statement as a disclaimer upon signing in to a new Head-Fi account along with Darkfin Skull next to it ☠☠☠
Hey, show Violectric some respect! You never know when you may have to use it. Besides, the V280 is my favourite ss h/p/a...Do you want the Lake People chasing you with pitchforks, branding irons, etc? 😝

Apr 12, 2021 at 1:48 PM Post #9,171 of 14,511
Speaking of removing dust. I'll site that as an example wrong/right way to post for assistance:

WRONG: I'm too lazy to search and read, so do you guys have any tips on the best way to remove dust from an amp?

RIGHT: Hello. New here and I've done some reading** and searched the thread**. I've found a lot of suggestions and was thinking of using a microfiber cloth, but not really sure if I should use something else or combine that with a cleaner. What do you folks suggest. Thanks in advance!!

** Didn't really read or search, but who would know. :wink:
Now that's wayyy too mean 😆😆
So what you are proposing that no matter who will ask for help in no matter how he's doing it, he should be shunned as we are fully aware of every twisted way 😂😂😂

Apr 12, 2021 at 1:53 PM Post #9,172 of 14,511
Speaking of removing dust. I'll site that as an example wrong/right way to post for assistance:

RIGHT: Hello. New here and I've done some reading** and searched the thread**. I've found a lot of suggestions and was thinking of using a microfiber cloth, but not really sure if I should use something else or combine that with a cleaner. What do you folks suggest.? Thanks in advance!!

This is real wisdom...

And thanks for all the users that spend time and money reviewing tubes and modding the Amp :)

Apr 12, 2021 at 1:54 PM Post #9,173 of 14,511

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2021 at 1:57 PM Post #9,174 of 14,511
Hey, show Violectric some respect! You never know when you may have to use it. Besides, the V280 is my favourite ss h/p/a...Do you want the Lake People chasing you with pitchforks, branding irons, etc? 😝
Well in fact I also love my Violectric too but the moment I got the CTH and the DV, my Violectric listening time decreased.
In fact SS amps do have their limitations hobby wise as no further investment is needed as in tube's rolling lol 😁😁😁

Apr 12, 2021 at 2:01 PM Post #9,175 of 14,511
This is real wisdom...

And thanks for all the users that spend time and money reviewing tubes and modding the Amp :)
Ok That was smart and innovative, we will spare you 😁😁😁

Apr 12, 2021 at 2:01 PM Post #9,176 of 14,511

RIGHT: Hello. New here and I've done some reading** and searched the thread**. I've found a lot of suggestions and was thinking of using a microfiber cloth, but not really sure if I should use something else or combine that with a cleaner. What do you folks suggest.? Thanks in advance!!

I think that a Doctorate of Sloth from HeadFi Tech should be conferred upon R2860...

Apr 12, 2021 at 2:03 PM Post #9,177 of 14,511
Apr 12, 2021 at 2:03 PM Post #9,178 of 14,511
Apr 12, 2021 at 2:07 PM Post #9,179 of 14,511
Well in fact I also love my Violectric too but the moment I got the CTH and the DV, my Violectric listening time decreased.
In fact SS amps do have their limitations hobby wise as no further investment is needed as in tube's rolling lol 😁😁😁
Did the Violectric listening time decrease because of an increase in time trying to get rid of DV hum 🤬 and other DV ailments 🤕🤒😷?

Apr 12, 2021 at 2:11 PM Post #9,180 of 14,511
Did the Violectric listening time decrease because of an increase in time trying to get rid of DV hum 🤬 and other DV ailments 🤕🤒😷?
Trying to get rid of the hum by changing tubes, ordering some more and searching for a better Tube amp :) but the bright side is joining the Tube rolling cult on Head-Fi 😎

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back