Darkvoice 336i & 336SE Tuberolling PartII
Apr 10, 2021 at 1:22 PM Post #9,151 of 14,518
DV is modded, as you can see here in the Thread, its the DV you can find on Page 499.
For me, the DV is exactly what I want a tube amp to be.

The Echo sounds more like an SS amp, but he have still the Stock tubes and I haven't had time to really hear it today - but SQ and build quality is really on a high level!
My Violectric is doing a good SS amp job over here, while the CTH is giving a tubey touch to the Ananda and the DV is doing the distorted tube job till am ready for an Incubus 🤪

Apr 11, 2021 at 9:10 AM Post #9,153 of 14,518
i am new dark voice ownert,too lazy to read over 600 pages. Is there some tube pair, what makes more tubines, warmt and wider sounds .
Anything replacing the stock tubes is an upgrade. You can upgrade the Power Amp tube with 6AS7G, 6080 or 5988 depending on your budget, brands are RCA, Sylvania, Svetlana and Tung Sol. Pre-amp tube 6sN7 would do, same brands as above (stir clear from GE). Sylvania are great, RCA dark Glass, T Plates etc.

Apr 11, 2021 at 10:00 AM Post #9,154 of 14,518
i am new dark voice ownert,too lazy to read over 600 pages. Is there some tube pair, what makes more tubines, warmt and wider sounds .
So you want other members to do your research for you? There is a search function above each thread, no need to read 600 pages. There is no need to repeat what has already been written.

Apr 11, 2021 at 10:36 AM Post #9,155 of 14,518
i think, they dont need to research anything. just only if someone want to tell his own experience what he make warmsounding and etc.. and i am not new in tube world. every tube sound differend another amp. just try to find good combination

but okay. i remove my account. because allways is someone idiot talkin,, use google . make whole foorum pointless.

Apr 11, 2021 at 10:45 AM Post #9,156 of 14,518
i think, they dont need to research anything. just only if someone want to tell his own experience what he make warmsounding and etc.. and i am not new in tube world. every tube sound differend another amp. just try to find good combination

but okay. i remove my account. because allways is someone idiot talkin,, use google . make whole foorum pointless.
So you are new to the forum and you insult members who give advice? Good luck.
I didn't say you were lazy...you did and you proved your point.

Apr 11, 2021 at 12:03 PM Post #9,158 of 14,518

What's pointless is someone too lazy to read through the impressions and experiences already posted by members where the question has been answered many times over. Bye.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2021 at 9:25 PM Post #9,159 of 14,518
What's pointless is someone too lazy to read through the impressions and experiences already posted by members where the question has been answered many times over. Bye.
The adage of ‘anything worth doing is worth doing well’ is really true when reading HF threads is involved. It takes time: it WILL save time & money; it WILL mitigate/prevent sonic ear-ache/heart-ache; it WILL educate and entertain; it MAY create new friendships. @darkfin, it is your choice to skip or to research HF threads. To dismiss with petulance the advice and experience of HFiers is unfortunate at best and reflects poorly on you.

Apr 12, 2021 at 2:16 AM Post #9,160 of 14,518
Apr 12, 2021 at 2:17 AM Post #9,161 of 14,518
Apr 12, 2021 at 2:27 AM Post #9,162 of 14,518
The adage of ‘anything worth doing is worth doing well’ is really true when reading HF threads is involved. It takes time: it WILL save time & money; it WILL mitigate/prevent sonic ear-ache/heart-ache; it WILL educate and entertain; it MAY create new friendships. @darkfin, it is your choice to skip or to research HF threads. To dismiss with petulance the advice and experience of HFiers is unfortunate at best and reflects poorly on you.
Guys come on @bcowen @Galapac @jonathan c you crucified the poor Fin guy ☠☠☠. By now he probably sold the DV and will never set foot again in Head-fi let alone the American continent 😁😁😁
You could have as well easily recommended GE tubes across the board and he would have reacted all the same lol

Apr 12, 2021 at 9:38 AM Post #9,163 of 14,518
P
Guys come on @bcowen @Galapac @jonathan c you crucified the poor Fin guy ☠☠☠. By now he probably sold the DV and will never set foot again in Head-fi let alone the American continent 😁😁😁
You could have as well easily recommended GE tubes across the board and he would have reacted all the same lol
I could have sent him straight to Bangybang and menifee...

Apr 12, 2021 at 10:39 AM Post #9,164 of 14,518
Apr 12, 2021 at 10:54 AM Post #9,165 of 14,518
By now he probably sold the DV and will never set foot again in Head-fi....

Good.

If he's too lazy to read, why bother responding? He won't read it. :laughing:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back