Darkvoice 336i & 336SE Tuberolling PartII
Dec 25, 2020 at 2:36 PM Post #5,536 of 14,518
Yes, I will let you know. I've made a listing in the classifieds for a used DV 336SE, we'll see if I get any hits! Then I will mod it and make some better recommendations for you :)

I'll fight you for that DV336se. Who would have known a DV336se becomes a best seller at the end of 2020 ? Anyone has a very well modified, hum free or humphrey and newish 220v DV336se to sell to me?

Dec 25, 2020 at 2:41 PM Post #5,537 of 14,518
The door is open, come on in! No need for the salad...but bring the stewardess please. :sweat_smile:

Just gettin' the big rig all warmed up for some Christmas organ music. Let's see what structural damage we can do to the house today... :joy:

I like to see some pictures of the stereo before I bring over the stewardess :ksc75smile: :beyersmile:

Here's a pic of me rolling stereo amps, specifically Sansui (s)

IMG-4736.jpg

Dec 25, 2020 at 2:48 PM Post #5,538 of 14,518
I like these speakers so much I did not change it for 20 years but only replace the midrange foam surrounds to rubber. Now they will last another 30 years.

IMG-4581.jpg

Dec 25, 2020 at 2:49 PM Post #5,539 of 14,518
I like to see some pictures of the stereo before I bring over the stewardess :ksc75smile: :beyersmile:

Current big rig. Downsized from the bigger big rig when I was less ancient. Just hoping this is stewardess worthy... :sweat_smile:

Room1.JPG

Previous big rig...

system.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2020 at 2:51 PM Post #5,540 of 14,518
I like these speakers so much I did not change it for 20 years but only replace the midrange foam surrounds to rubber. Now they will last another 30 years.

IMG-4581.jpg

What are they?

PS: the lava lamp is cool too.

Dec 25, 2020 at 2:54 PM Post #5,541 of 14,518
Unfortunately I sold the RCA's with the amps. I still have the WE's, and they're not going anywhere. :sweat_smile: Don't even have an amp that can use them at present (my Jota amp needs the high current 300B which are only made by KR and Emission Labs AFAIK). But the WE's still aren't going anywhere. LOL!

Dang well at least you still have the 300Bs! Think you will have an amp for them some day? Or you could give them to me for Christmas :) where is your holiday spirit?

Barging in? Way not. Very happy you're here! I'm probably not the only person hangin' out here that knows which end of the soldering iron to hold and can swap parts all day long, but knowledge beyond that is, shall we say, somewhat limited? :joy:

Well I like to teach, so if anyone here has other questions about the DV circuit or why which thing is what way I will do my best to explain :) I will get my DV so I have a member's card, but I will probably turn it loose after it is modded, released back into the wild.

I barge, you barge, what's the difference? Didn't you see the sign on the door says 'Anyone welcome' :) and don't forget my amp. You're shortlisted as one of my custom amp builder for my last and final custom tube amp and that's an important role. It's like making the crown for the Queen. The other shortlisted amp builders I won't tell you. Got to keep amp builders apart.

I'll keep that in mind UT :wink: I am now reaching the point where I need to stop building for me, you can only keep so many tube amplifiers in one house! So now I turn to the future and building amps for others.

Well if we are going totally off the rails with two-channel systems here, then I will show you mine :) new speaker stands coming in a week or two, from Sound Anchors.

DSCF6121-2.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2020 at 2:56 PM Post #5,542 of 14,518
Current big rig. Downsized from the bigger big rig when I was less ancient. just hoping this is stewardess worthy... :sweat_smile:

Dang I'm coming over to play Monopoly and if I win I get your rig.

Here's my humble home but home nevertheless. I'm also a vinyl person on stereo whereas on headfi I've Yggdrasil here I have Rega RP8 and that's all I can afford. Spend too much on the airline. :ksc75smile:

IMG-4583.jpg

Dec 25, 2020 at 2:58 PM Post #5,543 of 14,518
Dang well at least you still have the 300Bs! Think you will have an amp for them some day? Or you could give them to me for Christmas :) where is your holiday spirit?

ROFL! I'd have to double-check, but I'm pretty sure the WE's were added as a line item the last time I revised my will. :sweat_smile::joy:

Dec 25, 2020 at 3:01 PM Post #5,545 of 14,518
Dang I'm coming over to play Monopoly and if I win I get your rig.

Here's my humble home but home nevertheless. I'm also a vinyl person on stereo whereas on headfi I've Yggdrasil here I have Rega RP8 and that's all I can afford. Spend too much on the airline. :ksc75smile:

Nice!! My HP setup is in a different room, so I don't even listen to vinyl with it either. Tidal streaming mostly...

Dec 25, 2020 at 3:12 PM Post #5,547 of 14,518
I really like your setup. What are they? Can you name your components?

Sure thing :)

Digital source is Innuos ZENmini Mk3 music server
Turntable is a restored Thorens TD125 MkII with MC Hana EL cartridge
Phono stage is my design - Lundahl MC input transformers > triode-strapped D3a > triode strapped EF86, all-in-one passive RIAA
Amplifier is also my design - MH4 input, 6A5G output SET with Lundahl LL1620 output transformers
Speakers are restored Snell J/II, new crossovers and drivers from me with NOS Mills MRA resistors and Clarity Caps

So everything is restored or built from scratch except for that Innuos server, 2020 has been a busy year for DIY! And this doesn't even include the bedroom or headphone amps...

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2020 at 3:16 PM Post #5,548 of 14,518
That's my Axis Voicebox S. I moved these headfi gear with me interstate to work and stay. Now I'm back home in Sydney for Christmas with my stereo and my LCD-X and Woo Audio WA22 only. So I live 2 separate lives and I fly between the 2 states with my own airline and stewardessii.

Nah kidding I don't fly. I drive it's only 300 kms each way.

That's the Redgum Rgi120enr (at the bottom of rack) 175w 8 ohms / 265w 4 ohms / 500w 2 ohms stereo integrated amp driving the Axis Voicebox S. The Voicebox sound incredible when you crank up the volume. Shockingly life like.

IMG_0745.jpg

Dec 25, 2020 at 3:21 PM Post #5,550 of 14,518
Now I want to see the DIY bathroom please.

Here it is, featuring Lundahl O-rings, Clarity Cap gaskets, my design. It is being placed on the ISS, my claim to fame.

Edit: I forgot Sowter mu metal toilet seat, the works.

current ISS toilet.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back