Darkest Desires PART IV
May 28, 2004 at 2:01 PM Post #91 of 1,001
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel
Well I have @2200 Cds total now, dark metal catagory has @400. In order to effectively use such a large collection you must have good storage/rack system, and effective method of catalogging collection so you can instantly find CD you want and keep track of what you have.

I have all Cds entered into data base on computer, and keep printed list divided into styles/catagories to browse for ideas of next CD to play. Even with all this organization if I listen to 3 CDs a day would take 2-3 years to hear every CD in collection.
tongue.gif
[/i]

As I'm probably going to move late 2004, I've not gotten a proper storage system, not knowing what the new place will be like. How many CDs do I have? I have no idea. I did do a big purge a few years ago and sold or gave away about 300 that dated back to the beginning of the CD era. Right now those in heavy rotation are in an 8x10 foot bookcase and the rest are everywhere drawers, shelves, under bed, etc. As for a database, which is a great idea, I'm somehow able to recall everything I have (but forget the important things daily) and generally where specific CDs are. Although the hunt for a less often played CD can be accompanied by phrases that steadily increase in urgency and volume of "where the ****** are you!!!".
icon10.gif

May 28, 2004 at 6:37 PM Post #92 of 1,001
Therion
My order has shipped for new 2CD set..........soon it will be mine.
cool.gif

ET
There is a certain satisfaction to see all your CDs neatly laid out in organized rack system.......like a king examaning his vast treasure.
icon10.gif

May 28, 2004 at 10:31 PM Post #93 of 1,001
Quote:

ET
There is a certain satisfaction to see all your CDs neatly laid out in organized rack system.......like a king examaning his vast treasure.
icon10.gif

Something Like This?

longroom.jpg

Trinity College long room, Dublin, Ireland.
(FWIW-I was there 8 years ago).

May 29, 2004 at 8:35 AM Post #95 of 1,001
It was quite an experience to visit my friend's father. The apartment was completely furnished with CD:s and vinyls. He wasn't sure how many albums he exactly had, but said that the number was somewhere around 6000 (!). Even though he had his albums well categorized, I'm still not sure how he could find anything from those shelves. Even the kitchen closets were full of albums, heh.

Well, I bought around 150 cds during the last year. If I can keep up the pace, I'm only like 25 years away from that.

May 29, 2004 at 2:24 PM Post #96 of 1,001
Why do mortals fear to enter "darkest desires" to discuss groups?
I have noticed that in the "what are you listening to now" thread there are often mentions of groups we discuss here all the time but those members never come to this thread to say anthing of substance about them.........are people afraid of this thread, do they just lurk here?

Or are they just too lazy to post more than short one line response that is the usually done at other thread?

May 29, 2004 at 4:09 PM Post #97 of 1,001
It's more like that I don't have as much experience as most of those who post in this thread, so my post would add little value to this thread. This thread also seems to be very Dark/Death Metal orientated and that isn't exactly my favorite genre and because of that I don't have much to type about it. So you could say it's because I feel 'not worthy' to post here, I don't have anything to add to this thread and in general it is scary to 'just post' when you're still new on a forum.
smily_headphones1.gif

And in the end this post hopefully explained why those people don't dare to post here, DarkAngel, at least; why I think they don't (based on why I don't
tongue.gif
).

May 29, 2004 at 5:16 PM Post #98 of 1,001
Quote:

Why do mortals fear to enter "darkest desires" to discuss groups?
I have noticed that in the "what are you listening to now" thread there are often mentions of groups we discuss here all the time but those members never come to this thread to say anthing of substance about them.........are people afraid of this thread, do they just lurk here?

Or are they just too lazy to post more than short one line response that is the usually done at other thread?

A combination of both? I have also occasionally wondered why the population can be kind of small here and not known why. I don't visit "what are you listening to now" hardly at all and wasn't aware (I'm too lost in my own world
wink.gif

Would posting the same question in the music forum bring more information/insight?

May 29, 2004 at 6:02 PM Post #99 of 1,001
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ivion
It's more like that I don't have as much experience as most of those who post in this thread, so my post would add little value to this thread. This thread also seems to be very Dark/Death Metal orientated and that isn't exactly my favorite genre and because of that I don't have much to type about it. So you could say it's because I feel 'not worthy' to post here, I don't have anything to add to this thread and in general it is scary to 'just post' when you're still new on a forum.
smily_headphones1.gif

And in the end this post hopefully explained why those people don't dare to post here, DarkAngel, at least; why I think they don't (based on why I don't
tongue.gif
).

You are perfect candidate for DD thread..........I saw you recently posted how much you love TRISTANIA, we discuss them and similar groups in detail here all the time. If you want to know more or get suggestions just ask and you shall receive. (ET just loaded up on complete TRISTANIA catalog recently)

I forgot how this all started several years ago but basically I was asking KR about some dark metal groups and he gave me some ideas and the started the snowball rolling.........now I have 400+ dark metal Cds today.

May 29, 2004 at 8:43 PM Post #100 of 1,001
Quote:

smily_headphones1.gif

tongue.gif
).

We discuss all kinds of metal, as long as it's metal, it's all good (well, not nu-metal). Don't be afraid, it is just a message board. We are all pretty friendly here for the most part
wink.gif

May 29, 2004 at 11:28 PM Post #101 of 1,001
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nacher
Still playing Sirius B & Lemuria 24/7.

DA: "Therion My order has shipped for new 2CD set..........soon it will be mine."

plus reading this "We are now offering the limited edition two discs package featuring both albums; once this print is sold the albums will become available individually" at theend has prompted me to act. I'm going downtown and see if I see it on the rack, if not I'll order it.

And for some reason today I remembered spotting a CD/vinyl shop awhile ago looking very macabre in a good way. It would be great to have even a scaled down 'theend' within physical reach. I'm gonna swing past there as well.

May 30, 2004 at 12:38 AM Post #102 of 1,001
Well, sparked by your hospitality (
wink.gif
) I will try to chat along in this thread.
biggrin.gif

Like DarkAngel already mentioned, I simply love 'Beyond the Veil' by 'Tristania', I don't have any other albums by Tristania though. I'm planning on buying the rest, but are they also good and are they in any way similar to Beyond the Veil? Because the style used in Beyond the Veil is something which really sets my heart alight.
3000smile.gif

Next I would like some recommendations about what might be a good buy for me.
smily_headphones1.gif
I mainly listen to Power, Trash and Heavy Metal like; Gamma Ray, Metallica, Judas Priest and Iron Maiden. But - more in this threads spirit - I also immensely enjoy Tristania, Opeth, In Flames, Children of Bodom and Vintersorg. Maybe someone knows some more bands which I may enjoy? I will be delighted with even more Metal to listen to. ^.^

May 30, 2004 at 2:17 AM Post #103 of 1,001
Quote:

Like DarkAngel already mentioned, I simply love 'Beyond the Veil' by 'Tristania', I don't have any other albums by Tristania though. I'm planning on buying the rest, but are they also good and are they in any way similar to Beyond the Veil? Because the style used in Beyond the Veil is something which really sets my heart alight.
3000smile.gif

widow's weeds is quite close to beyond the veil in terms of sound.

Anyway, last night i went to see virgin black live. They were fantastic, very clean sound, sounded just as sharp as their cds. They played with naxzul who are decent black metal, but they lost a fair bit compared to their cd tracks, not that it really mattered. Also, one of the better bits of the night was seeing this idiot who kept yelling "play some ****ing slayer" get punched in the back of the head after he threw a cup on stage.

And yeah... anyone heard anything from leave's eyes? new (dunno how new) b&b with liv kristine. I quite like em.

May 30, 2004 at 2:46 AM Post #104 of 1,001
Hey Ghouls,
I am watching Headbangers Ball on MTV2 right now with Cristina Scabia/Lacuna Coil as special live guests in studio........doing live acoustic song right now, Cristina looks really fine.
icon10.gif

Also presented new video from "Comalies" called "swamped" which was pretty cool.

Cristina
Cristina

For 2nd hour they have KILL SWITCH ENGAGED as guest......don't really know anything about them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back