Darkest Desires PART IV
May 25, 2004 at 12:49 PM Post #76 of 1,001
NOKTURNAL MORTUM Back in Stock!
Alert for people here that The End has the two essential NM masterpieces back in stock for $10 each!
-Lunar Poetry
-Goat Horns

I can't recommend these high enough, words cannot begin to describe the melodic dark majesty of these works. (ranked #6 on my top 50 all time list)

Still waiting for the arrivial of new 2CD Therion set.

May 25, 2004 at 3:10 PM Post #77 of 1,001
New for me - Naglfar - Sheol

I am really liking this, how does this compare to their other albums?

Scott

May 25, 2004 at 5:01 PM Post #78 of 1,001
Quote:

Originally Posted by scottder
New for me - Naglfar - Sheol
I am really liking this, how does this compare to their other albums?
Scott

I have "Sheol" and it is pretty good, but best NAGLFAR album by far is "Vittra" Newest version sold by The End includes bonus tracks.
cool.gif

This was recently ranked #11 on my top 50 all time list.

May 25, 2004 at 9:36 PM Post #79 of 1,001
Picked up Therion - Lemuria & Sirius B on my way home. First impressions : Quite good, but I'm still slightly dissapointed. The orchestra sounds magnifiend, but is greatly underused and for some unknown reason, the band has a "80's hair metal-sounding" vocalist doing way too many verses.

However, with over 100 minutes of material and some very memorable songs... Shouldn't be complaining.

May 26, 2004 at 12:33 AM Post #80 of 1,001
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel
NOKTURNAL MORTUM Back in Stock!
Alert for people here that The End has the two essential NM masterpieces back in stock for $10 each!
-Lunar Poetry
-Goat Horns

What the hell, why not, $10. I went with Lunar for no particular reason.
Also added SATYRICON - 'Nemesis Divina' (wanted 'Dark Medieval Times' instead but not in stock at theend) and DIABOLICAL MASQUERADE-'Death's Design'.

cdfront.jpg

I came across 'Death's Design' accidently just looking around. Blackheim of Katatonia and producer Dan Swano are behind this 20 movement/61 track soundtrack to a movie that doesn't exist. I'm looking forward to this the most out of curiosity.
http://www.katatonia.com/masquerade/

Under 18 year old persons should stay clear of the 'Photo Stills' section particularly at the bottom of the page
very_evil_smiley.gif
Darkest Desire Indeed.

Good Samples to hear as well http://www.katatonia.com/masquerade/index2.html

May 26, 2004 at 2:11 AM Post #81 of 1,001
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nacher
Picked up Therion - Lemuria & Sirius B on my way home. First impressions : Quite good, but I'm still slightly dissapointed. The orchestra sounds magnifiend, but is greatly underused and for some unknown reason, the band has a "80's hair metal-sounding" vocalist doing way too many verses.

However, with over 100 minutes of material and some very memorable songs... Shouldn't be complaining.

It will still be mine.........I am devoted THERION fanatic, 2 CDs yessss!

Quote:

What the hell, why not, $10. I went with NM "Lunar" for no particular reason.
Also added SATYRICON - 'Nemesis Divina' (wanted 'Dark Medieval Times' instead but not in stock at theend

Two great CDs there...........keep us posted.
cool.gif

May 26, 2004 at 3:26 AM Post #82 of 1,001
I am very fond of the Diabolical Masquerade album, Death's Design -- it's really all over the place.

May 27, 2004 at 7:20 PM Post #83 of 1,001
I just noticed that I haven't been listening to _anything else_ than Therion - Lemuria & Sirius B today. After some getting in to it, I think it's by far the best effort from Therion to date. Could have been even better with the resources Therion had for this album, but still it's great.

May 27, 2004 at 7:42 PM Post #84 of 1,001
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel
It will still be mine.........I am devoted THERION fanatic, 2 CDs yessss!

Nacher
Somehow I thought you were a little quick to brush off new Therion 2CD set and would eventually come to your senses, he he
cool.gif

After 4-5 consecutive great albums would be unusual for Therion to produce a disappointing album, as soon as The End gets it in my order will be placed.

May 28, 2004 at 2:02 AM Post #86 of 1,001
Today was was listening to some of my old Cds that I have not heard in quite some time. I have enough CDs that sometimes I can go months and even years without listening to a certain band! I wonder how some of you guys handle this?

Two bands that are worth mentioning since they both play the same style are Abyssos and Twilight Ophera . Both play horror/gothic old school COF style, so for those who miss the old COF then you should check out these two bands. Their websites include much more info and samples.

Website links :

http://fly.to/abyssos

http://www.twilight-ophera.com/

evil_smiley.gif
enjoy!

P.S. 6,666 post!
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 28, 2004 at 8:49 AM Post #88 of 1,001
Quote:

Originally Posted by KR...
I have enough CDs that sometimes I can go months and even years without listening to a certain band! I wonder how some of you guys handle this?

P.S. 6,666 post!
very_evil_smiley.gif

I have said to myself more than a few times, "where does he get the money?!!" I guess it's just a part of your 'Pact'.
wink.gif

May 28, 2004 at 11:58 AM Post #89 of 1,001
It's great to re-discover bands from the cd shelf. Just when you had totally forgotten about some band, you used to like, you find their album again. Some greatest musical moments ever, heh.

Edit : Still playing Sirius B & Lemuria 24/7.

May 28, 2004 at 12:14 PM Post #90 of 1,001
Quote:

Originally Posted by KR...
Today was was listening to some of my old Cds that I have not heard in quite some time. I have enough CDs that sometimes I can go months and even years without listening to a certain band! I wonder how some of you guys handle this?

Two bands that are worth mentioning since they both play the same style are Abyssos and Twilight Ophera . Both play horror/gothic old school COF style, so for those who miss the old COF then you should check out these two bands. Their websites include much more info and samples.

Well I have @2200 Cds total now, dark metal catagory has @400. In order to effectively use such a large collection you must have good storage/rack system, and effective method of catalogging collection so you can instantly find CD you want and keep track of what you have.

I have all Cds entered into data base on computer, and keep printed list divided into styles/catagories to browse for ideas of next CD to play. Even with all this organization if I listen to 3 CDs a day would take 2-3 years to hear every CD in collection.
tongue.gif

Abyssos
I have two main Cds by this group and they get regular rotaion at DA's crypt.
-Fhinstanian Nightbreed
-Together we summon the dark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back