Darkest Desires PART IV
May 31, 2004 at 2:19 PM Post #121 of 1,001
Quote:

Originally Posted by minya
I, too, am searching for good record stores in Toronto. So far everything I've found has been on Queen St. W or just off it.

Yes, Queen street is cool and on those places coat tails the pseudo-cool.

Why HMV happens to have a good metal section is because it's run by the publisher of BWBK, Tim Henderson BWBK bio

BTW I'm going there tomorrow to pick up the new Therion and I verified the price of Dimmu's 'Death cult Armegeddon' DVD-A for Mr.PD at (after 16% tax
eek.gif
) $32.41 USD which is kind of expensive but I can pick up an extra copy or 2 for those I am familiar with if they wish. Let me know by 2:30pm EST tomorrow/Tuesday June1.

Edit:the BWBK link doesn't seem to work. Needless to say 'Brave Words,Bloody Knuckles' Inter. headquarters is here near that HMV.

May 31, 2004 at 9:01 PM Post #122 of 1,001
Quote:

Originally Posted by eyeteeth
BTW I'm going there tomorrow to pick up the new Therion and I verified the price of Dimmu's 'Death cult Armegeddon' DVD-A for Mr.PD at (after 16% tax
eek.gif
) $32.41 USD which is kind of expensive but I can pick up an extra copy or 2 for those I am familiar with if they wish. Let me know by 2:30pm EST tomorrow/Tuesday June1.

Upon calling and reserving the 'Death cult Armegeddon' DVD-A I learned it was the last one in stock so the above offer is withdrawn.

Jun 1, 2004 at 2:10 AM Post #123 of 1,001
Quote:

Originally Posted by eyeteeth
But I did see two very interesting things.
Examination of Arch Enemy's 'Anthems of Rebellion' revealed a bonus disc that was a DVD-audio only. And Dimmu Borgir's 'Death Cult Armageddon' not redbook but actual DVD-A. Are high-rez issues coming to dark metal?
cool.gif

And upon reading the last issue of Ice magazine, I saw that Him's album, Razorblade Romance (on the pop side of metal) was released on DVD-A.

On the Therion front -- I don't think it's come out, officially yet. I think it comes out tomorrow -- 6/1. So that may be why some of you are not seeing it in the shops. Yet.

Jun 2, 2004 at 1:42 PM Post #124 of 1,001
This might not be quite the best place to ask, but it's easier than creating a new thread.

Anyone able to recommend me something that sounds like early christian death or early siouxsie and the banshees? I'm quite fond of the punk/goth rock sound.

Jun 2, 2004 at 5:32 PM Post #125 of 1,001
Quote:

Originally Posted by lethoso
This might not be quite the best place to ask, but it's easier than creating a new thread.
Anyone able to recommend me something that sounds like early christian death or early siouxsie and the banshees? I'm quite fond of the punk/goth rock sound.

I am not big fan of CHRISTIAN DEATH, but do like early Siouxsie
No need to mention the obvious like Bauhaus, Sisters of Mercy, early Cure but I like these lesser known ones also:

Corpus Delecti - Sarabands
45 Grave - Sleep in Safety
Ikon - shadow of angel + moment in time + flowers for gathering
London after Midnight - Psycho magnet
March Violets - Botanic verses
Nosferatu - Rise
Diva Destruction - exposing the sickness
Paralysed Age - Empire of the Vampire
Rosetta Stone - Adrenaline
Mission UK - God's own medicine
Shroud - Dark moon night
Switchblade Symphony - serpentine gallery + three calamities
Clan of Xymox - medusa
Gene loves Jezebel - Voodoo dollies
Lords of New Church - s/t
Tones on Tail - Everything

I think this is what you are looking for.........
cool.gif

Many more similar lesser known artists are on Cleopatra & Projekt labels.

Jun 3, 2004 at 12:00 AM Post #126 of 1,001
I'm so excited.
The June issue of BWBK reports that Darkthrone is preparing to enter the studio and do a new album!!!!
Also, Nocturno Culto will be playing with Satyricon at this years Wacken festival, and there will be an exclusive Darkthrone live set with Satyricon which will be recorded on DVD and an audio recording.
I also saw that there is a new Borknagar album that should be released by now.

Do any of you like Dismember? The interview with them and the review on their new album piqued my interest. I may check in to them, even though I don't think I'm a big fan of death metal.

Jun 3, 2004 at 12:01 AM Post #127 of 1,001
My new THERION has arrived........but it came in clunky large "old" 2CD case and uses graphic inserts designed for two seperate Cds and looks odd........so I made two single Cds with a couple extra CD cases I have.

Nacher may like to know I also received at the same time newest CD by SILENTIUM called "sufferion" with butterfly artwork on cover.

Jun 3, 2004 at 1:12 AM Post #128 of 1,001
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel
My new THERION has arrived........but it came in clunky large "old" 2CD case and uses graphic inserts designed for two seperate Cds and looks odd........so I made two single Cds with a couple extra CD cases I have.

eek.gif
eek.gif

I've got this coming also. I guess it will look nice next to my Classic Rock Hits 2 CD collection that resides next to a Neil Diamond set.
blink.gif

Jun 3, 2004 at 1:40 AM Post #129 of 1,001
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.PD
eek.gif
eek.gif

I've got this coming also. I guess it will look nice next to my Classic Rock Hits 2 CD collection that resides next to a Neil Diamond set.
blink.gif

I'll put mine between my Mahler Symphonies and Boards of Canada, but I guess it's a personal thing.
icon10.gif

Scott

Jun 3, 2004 at 8:00 AM Post #130 of 1,001
Darkangel : How in the heck is your Lemuria/Sirius B like that? I have only seen it as a very neat double CD digipack, which comes in a see-through plastic case with "deluxe edition" prints on it. Maybe that "classic rock hits" case will become a collector's item in the near future, hehe.

I really did like Sufferion from Silentium at first, but now I have somewhat mixed feelings about it. Some great tracks, but as I have lost the remote control of my CD player, I'm forced to listen through the storysections every time I listen to the album.

What the heck is taking so long with Throes of Dawn - Quicksilver Clouds? It was meant to be released on mid may, sigh...

Jun 3, 2004 at 8:35 AM Post #131 of 1,001
Lemuria/Sirius B: I'm not sure I like it.
I've only listened to it once.
The first and last tracks of Lemuria seemed the best.
I was distracted during Sirius B so I can't say.

Near the 4:20 mark of track 1 of Lemuria it has a glitch/pop, so I will have to exchange it. Good thing it wasn't mail-order for a change. And the guys working in the metal section were cool. Lemuria/Sirius B wasn't on the shelf but the computer said it was in the store so one said to the other "go downstairs and rip open the box and bring it up." I'm going to check into if these guys also work at 'BWBK' which I suspect.

Jun 3, 2004 at 8:37 AM Post #132 of 1,001
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel

That's a good idea. I shall copy.

Jun 3, 2004 at 11:40 AM Post #134 of 1,001
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nacher
Darkangel : How in the heck is your Lemuria/Sirius B like that? I have only seen it as a very neat double CD digipack, which comes in a see-through plastic case with "deluxe edition" prints on it. Maybe that "classic rock hits" case will become a collector's item in the near future, hehe.

Dam it..........that is what I really wanted a nice double digi pak, this clunky large 2CD case sucks
mad.gif

Also I have to report that my "lemura" Cd has a short skip in track 1 at 2:47 point, pretty sure this is not a recorded effect, but there is no scratch or defect visible on CD surface.
mad.gif
(so both ET and myself have trouble with track 1 of Lemura at different points) I suspect that sometimes The End gets CDs and graphic inserts sent to them and they put in CD jewel case locally to save overseas shipping costs, which may explain this clunky appearance?

Too much trouble to ship back to The End for refund/exchange since I have enough trouble in the past trying to get refund for mistakes in shipping order.

Now watch next week they will have the digipak version for sale.
mad.gif

Jun 3, 2004 at 3:27 PM Post #135 of 1,001
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nacher
I didn't really like Lemuria/Sirius B combo at first two listens, but after that I had a revelation.
biggrin.gif

Let me know exactly which drug to use so I can have the same revelation.
wink.gif

I know what you mean. Of course I'll be giving it more time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back