"Dark Knight" AD700 Gaming Mod (Lots of Pics!)
Apr 20, 2010 at 4:19 AM Post #16 of 181
Quote:

Originally Posted by NapalmK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very nice. Congrats. I was wondering when someone was going to do something like this and get rid of that awful purple. Very good and thorough workmanship. I might have to get one and try this.

Thx, this is my first full headphone mod. It won't be my last either. Now, to move a little more upscale. Dunno what the next one will be though, but safe to say.... I doubt I'll have too many "stock" headphones in my future.
biggrin.gif

Apr 20, 2010 at 4:23 AM Post #17 of 181
The 700s have just reached a new level of awesome.

Apr 20, 2010 at 5:32 AM Post #18 of 181
Great job! Liked all the pics you posted too

Apr 20, 2010 at 7:14 AM Post #19 of 181
Amazing! I love it when people customize to their own taste.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 20, 2010 at 6:41 PM Post #20 of 181
LOVE that removable microphone. True stroke of genius there. I wish every headphone I owned had that little feature.

Apr 20, 2010 at 6:46 PM Post #21 of 181
Thanks alot guys. It was a fun build. I'm looking for my next build-up soon. I just ordered a Little Dot I+, and will be ordering a pair of Grado SR80i. I'm definitely going to do a re-cable. I just might pull them apart and do a full polish job on it's plastics (don't know for sure).

Anyway, I think I'm putting these headphones up in the For Sale section for $130 if anyone is interested. It comes with everything pictured plus new pads (head and ear).

These are actually my second headphone build up... my very first ones were Sennheiser HD428.

Apr 21, 2010 at 7:33 PM Post #28 of 181
Admirable piece of tinkering!
beerchug.gif

I suggest a better camera or photoshop skills in the long run though, the final stage pics don't do your hard work justice.

Apr 21, 2010 at 8:03 PM Post #29 of 181
Oh, yeah, I see the lower ones. You could go back and edit the earlier links.

Meanwhile, this mod does look pretty good. I especially like the removable mic. There is just no end to the sense that makes. It gives it good positioning, but can be removed for transport. In my own experience, the mic is usually the first thing to go on a headset.

Apr 21, 2010 at 8:04 PM Post #30 of 181
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickchen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Admirable piece of tinkering!
beerchug.gif

I suggest a better camera or photoshop skills in the long run though, the final stage pics don't do your hard work justice.

Thx, I have the Photoshop skills (my avatar is my doing), but using my HTC Hero for pictures. I don't have a dedicated camera, that's on my list... somewhere, if I can ever stop buying headphones to modify.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back