DAP recommendation?
Feb 15, 2019 at 12:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Thenewbie76

100+ Head-Fier
So this is my first DAP I'm gonna get and am having trouble finding which to get with so many to choose from. I will plan to test the DAPs if available in Canjamm Singapore this year .Before proceeding I will say I don't call myself an audiophile I just like listening to music.I am looking for a DAP with Wi-Fi capability to download spotify .My main music sources are usually spotify and seldomly mp3.Also the DAP to have Bluetooth connectivity. Other than that the battery capacity should atleast be good for a day's use .To add more it doesn't need to have a beefy amp, I plan on using the DAP with mainly IEMs.Lasty my budget is only 700usd. I plan on using this DAP for atleast 3 years or till it breaks. Since this is my first DAP could you guys tell me what else I should for in a DAP? Thank you for helping me out.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2019 at 8:34 PM Post #2 of 8
So many to choose from, especially at that rather large price tag, considering you don't need all the bells and whistles. I'd look at the Cayin N5iis, The Bit Opus#2, and and Kern SR15. They do have additional features, but it's somewhat stripped down, priority on sound and UI. With the Fiio players in that range, you're looking at full Android. Have a look at which form and function blows your skirt up the most.

Feb 16, 2019 at 9:12 PM Post #3 of 8
Since you need Spotify, your choices are actually quite limited. 700usd is already in the higher mid-fi range, so I'd say target an ibasso dx150 or dx200, though there are rumours of a dx220 coming soon. As mentioned above fiio does give full android, but I believe ibasso generally outperforms fiio in terms of sound for the price based on impressions I've seen and my ears.

Feb 16, 2019 at 9:30 PM Post #4 of 8
If battery is important then stay away from all the bloated ass Android DAPs.

Feb 16, 2019 at 9:36 PM Post #6 of 8
The DX200 can be be pretty noisy due to wifi interference. Why not use your phone's interface and a ES100 as your DAP? It connects to your phone via Bluetooth and has great sound quality.

Feb 17, 2019 at 5:16 AM Post #8 of 8

Users who are viewing this thread

Back