Dan Clark Audio Stealth Review, Interview, Measurements
Jul 26, 2023 at 3:22 PM Post #5,687 of 5,994
Easily competes with the extremely expensive stacks out there.
You can get the answer to this question at the nearest Canjam. R2R DACs, tube DACs, class A discrete amplifiers and tube amplifiers will explain what their advantage is. Don't forget to take your favorite headphones with you and listen to all this technique on them. Based on the test results, we expect the confession of a lost audiophile. :beyersmile:

Jul 26, 2023 at 6:28 PM Post #5,688 of 5,994
You can get the answer to this question at the nearest Canjam. R2R DACs, tube DACs, class A discrete amplifiers and tube amplifiers will explain what their advantage is. Don't forget to take your favorite headphones with you and listen to all this technique on them. Based on the test results, we expect the confession of a lost audiophile. :beyersmile:

Oh no, that's alright. I've owned expensive Woo, Chord, Moon, Holo, Dcs, etc., and I find the Topping to be just as good.
At a certain point, it's just different types of distortion and frequency tilts on some of the gear.

Similarly, I've run many of my demanding headphones on two Benchmark AHB2 in mono and the A70 + D70 is largely the same.

As always, different strokes for different folks, but I've spent a lot of money and time to come to these conclusions.

If anyone is looking for one, I'll likely be selling my DCA Stealth.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2023 at 8:17 PM Post #5,690 of 5,994
IMG_7743.jpeg

Have my DCA Stealths with me today.

Using the Chord Hugo 2/Cayin C9 combo with the new Danacable Lazuli Rhapsody cables. Still breaking in the cables but what a great match for the Stealth. The Lazuli Rhapsody replaced the Lazuli Ultra and has better ergonomics so nice to travel with. Plus the new braided design looks fantastic.

Jul 28, 2023 at 11:01 AM Post #5,691 of 5,994
IMG_7743.jpeg
Have my DCA Stealths with me today.

Using the Chord Hugo 2/Cayin C9 combo with the new Danacable Lazuli Rhapsody cables. Still breaking in the cables but what a great match for the Stealth. The Lazuli Rhapsody replaced the Lazuli Ultra and has better ergonomics so nice to travel with. Plus the new braided design looks fantastic.

Exactly what my gym set up would look like if I had my way. :)

Jul 28, 2023 at 5:47 PM Post #5,694 of 5,994
I pack my
What do you do for the cable? The case, while great for the headphones, doesn't fit the cable. Do you just pack it separately?

I pack headphone gear, Mackbook Pro 16 and iPad Pro in my Tumi Esports Pro Large Backpack. i keep the cable in its case with adapters. I can carry an open and closed back with me. I usually take my DCA Stealth and Expanse or the Diana V2 and my Focal Bathys (used when on the plane) with me. I just place it on top my carry on bag and I’m good to go. Then use my sling bag when carrying to where I’m going to sit and listen to music or setup in hotel room or cabin on the ship.

So as long as you have a good backpack your good.

Aug 1, 2023 at 12:30 AM Post #5,695 of 5,994
After a few weeks and lots of break-in, happy to say that the Stealth still stands up against the best TOTLs in the world... at least the ones I own (TC and LCD-4). A great piece of gear that should be auditioned by anyone looking for any headphone in this price range. Maybe the fact that it doesn't have some sort of dystopian brutalist styling like the TC or expensive wood causes people to question the price, and initially I was a skeptical of the "gamer" look -- but the advantage is that it weighs less and folds up. There is no sound disadvantage. As for material durability, so far so good but we'll see in two years.

Aug 14, 2023 at 12:04 PM Post #5,699 of 5,994
I just noticed your set up, if you have chance, should try Hifiman EF600 with Stealth. I used to think D400EX + Singxer were great for the price (with medium/hard to drive planar). Till I tried EF600.
Can you please describe the synergy with the EF600?
How did you feed it?

Aug 14, 2023 at 1:35 PM Post #5,700 of 5,994
Can you please describe the synergy with the EF600?
How did you feed it?

It was paired with Fiio R7 with coaxial cable. EF600 has cohesive, sweet full body tone, but still provide enough "air" on top. I would say it's darker and thicker than typical SMSL/Topping/Fiio sound, which make Hifiman match my preference more.

Btw, I just tested Hifiman Serenade as well. EF600 still hold great value, but if can stretch budget even more, I like Serenade even more. Bigger soundstage, more texture and detail, without being thinner or drier. Build quality also more robust.

Both devices have plenty of power to drive Stealth/Expanse too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back