Dan Clark Audio Stealth Review, Interview, Measurements
Aug 22, 2021 at 1:00 PM Post #346 of 5,996
@eskamobob1. I dont know what you have been reading as that is not in any review I have seen. I also own it LOL. Very wrong info compared to what I hear in the Rognir. Pretty clear from your comments that you Havent Heard it and have a poor notion of it from something you read. All I am saying is you might want to try it if you can because it is the only closed back I have ever heard that stands toe to toe with the best open backs. I really would like to compare the Stealth to it!

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2021 at 1:32 PM Post #347 of 5,996
Buy the cheapest, apply discount to stealth, return the cheapest in the 15 day return period...

Please don’t do that :frowning2: DCA offer returning customers a discount in good faith, something rare in the industry. Please don’t mess it up for the rest of us.

Aug 22, 2021 at 1:41 PM Post #348 of 5,996
Please don’t do that :frowning2: DCA offer returning customers a discount in good faith, something rare in the industry. Please don’t mess it up for the rest of us.
I won't do that, Unfortunately I don't get to buy the stealth this year at all.
And when I buy it, I will get it through my favourite dealer in order to Establish a long term relationship.

Having a good connection ro dealers is worth a lot in this hobby.

And let's be honest, that 15% discount is available to anyone. Show that to a DCA dealer and you get at least the 15% even if you never bought DCA before

Aug 22, 2021 at 1:41 PM Post #349 of 5,996

Yes, thanks.

If people do this we will change the program to have a 90 day waiting period for discounts. Yes it’s a loophole and if people abuse it we will change the policy, but Od rather not…

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Aug 22, 2021 at 1:42 PM Post #350 of 5,996
It would make sense to make the discount contingent on a final purchase, i.e. the membership is only fully active once you purchased a headphone that you can't return anymore.

[Redundant due to post above]

Aug 22, 2021 at 1:45 PM Post #351 of 5,996
I will edit my post with the loophole, please do so with the quote as well

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2021 at 1:48 PM Post #352 of 5,996
Ya'll nickel and dimin' in these streets, ya'll wilding.

Aug 22, 2021 at 2:17 PM Post #354 of 5,996
I dont know what you have been reading as that is not in any review I have seen. I also own it LOL. Very wrong info compared to what I hear in the Rognir. Pretty clear from your comments that you Havent Heard it and giving a poor representation from something you read.

I directly said I was commenting based off review. But also, if you havent heard anyone comment about the tonality you havent looked outside the head-fi thread basicaly at all... Litteraly first two review results on google:

The Rognir has a colored, distinctive sound that feels aimed at those with a particular, seasoned taste. This is not to say they’re exclusively an acquired sonic taste, but in the world of high-end headphones, these feel like they know their audience well and take advantage of what some non-audiophiles might consider an A-typical sound.

- https://majorhifi.com/kennerton-rognir-review/

Aug 22, 2021 at 2:23 PM Post #355 of 5,996
I directly said I was commenting based off review. But also, if you havent heard anyone comment about the tonality you havent looked outside the head-fi thread basicaly at all... Litteraly first two review results on google:

That Major HiFi is totally inaccurate, as is the bulk of their content. Wait for a professional review.

Aug 22, 2021 at 3:04 PM Post #357 of 5,996

Major Hifi is literally cancer. To be wholly disregarded in the extreme.

With that being said, I haven't heard the Rognir and have no idea how they sound.

Aug 22, 2021 at 3:12 PM Post #358 of 5,996
There were other ways how to get into DCA club, not just by purchasing headphones. I for one got there by investing in the company, so naturally I want the company to succeed. Yes, people will try to scam the system, if money is involved, and the discount is not insignificant. This being said, I would not expect people who readily spend 4k on headphones to do this, but maybe I am too naive.

Aug 22, 2021 at 3:40 PM Post #359 of 5,996
Sorry I'm not a lemming that blindly follows reviewers recommendations LOL. I don't go around making statements like this
Wonder if DC will be the ones to finally achieve true totl SQ in a closed back. Everything currently is either below totl detail or mega jacked tonality

based on something I've read.

There is absolutely no way to understand how a headphone sounds without listening to them. Reading and basing your opinion from a video or article and then voicing your opinion on a headphone that you've never heard based solely on that video or article is plain silly.

Aug 22, 2021 at 4:12 PM Post #360 of 5,996
There were other ways how to get into DCA club, not just by purchasing headphones. I for one got there by investing in the company, so naturally I want the company to succeed. Yes, people will try to scam the system, if money is involved, and the discount is not insignificant. This being said, I would not expect people who readily spend 4k on headphones to do this, but maybe I am too naive.
Instead of buying the Stealth as your first DCA headphone for $4000, it certainly would make more sense to buy the ÆON RT first for $500, and then the Stealth at $600 off. Even if you toss the ÆON RT straight into the dumpster, you save $100 + taxes (and shipping is free, at least for me in California). Don't even unpack them and you can sell them for a fair amount.
Or use it for commuting (ah, distant memories).

Or get the ÆON 2 for effectively $300.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back