Dan Clark Audio Stealth Review, Interview, Measurements
Aug 20, 2021 at 12:00 AM Post #106 of 5,996
For $4k I hope someone will compare this with other $4k+ headphones like Utopia or Susvara.
By feature of price, these will be compared directly to TC/Susvara on the open-end and R10, Verite and Rognir on the closed.

Aug 20, 2021 at 12:16 AM Post #107 of 5,996
With something between the transducer and the ear, I wonder how these compare in terms of resolution and microdetails. The price point would indicate that they play in the same field as Abyss and Susvara. I've always loved DCA bass and think the Ether 2 has some of the most natural feeling texture in the bass and midrange out of all the headphones I've tried. So, I trust this will be as enjoyable in that region. I'm really curious how these handle the treble/detail holding region. Ether 2 goes for a very smooth and warm, yet natural sounding treble to me.

@mrspeakers how would you compare this sound signature to the Ether 2 or Aeon 2 Opens?

These are incredibly resolving yet not in the least analytical, I think they are just easy and fun with everything I play and they ar so clear you have to watch the SPL. It is truly unlike anything we have done, the soundstage is an experience…

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Aug 20, 2021 at 12:25 AM Post #108 of 5,996
With something between the transducer and the ear, I wonder how these compare in terms of resolution and microdetails. The price point would indicate that they play in the same field as Abyss and Susvara. I've always loved DCA bass and think the Ether 2 has some of the most natural feeling texture in the bass and midrange out of all the headphones I've tried. So, I trust this will be as enjoyable in that region. I'm really curious how these handle the treble/detail holding region. Ether 2 goes for a very smooth and warm, yet natural sounding treble to me.

@mrspeakers how would you compare this sound signature to the Ether 2 or Aeon 2 Opens?
I really hope that they will be more like EF 1.1 and not E2 in terms of sound.

Aug 20, 2021 at 12:34 AM Post #110 of 5,996
Warranty is very important especially for something with new untested technology like this. That universal headband sounds good but for how long? Also that stuff between the tranducer, will they compressed or wear off? Hifiman have 3 years for their HE1000+ and same for abyss I think.

You don't want to be the first user of Apple magnetic charger.

Aug 20, 2021 at 12:39 AM Post #112 of 5,996
It's gonna have a tough time against the VC and Stellia at that price point. It needs to be substantially better just to provide reasonable value and those are two great headphones.
No question the DCA Stealth will be compared to those, and other Top Price Tier cans.

Bear in mind that, while 99.8% of us haven't heard the Stealth, the people who set the price HAVE had much listening experience with the Stealth, and presumably have carefully considered its merits vs the Top Tier competition in setting the product's initial price and relative value. The price suggests great confidence that the market consensus will be that these are great headphones. Not for everybody, of course, but high-end products never are.

I'm half hoping I never get a chance to hear them. It's a foregone conclusion that the Family Inspector General for Hobby Spending is not going to like these things.

Aug 20, 2021 at 1:39 AM Post #113 of 5,996
The tensioning headband thing is curious. The headbands on the Aeon 2 was perfectly good, so hopefully the change there is actually for the better, and still long lasting. Though not sure how you can make it better.

As for sound, and the pricepoint, it *needs* have to a massive improvement in macro dynamics and punch over the Aeon 2 / Noire, as well as an obvious step in resolution.

Aug 20, 2021 at 1:45 AM Post #114 of 5,996
Likewise. I had the Ether C Flow 1.1 and sold it after I found I was listening to the AEON 2 Closed 99% of the time.

I also like the measurements from Jude and others. Now I need to get to CanJam or RMAF and listen to the Stealth with a Cayin n6ii R01. I love desktop amps but I also love being mobile :)

The R01 probably is a bit tight, or even E02 which was consider the power horse among the Motherboard, worth a try but please be easy on your choice of music, you probably need a portable amp. for very demanding tracks.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Aug 20, 2021 at 1:51 AM Post #115 of 5,996
I hope they offer 4.4mm termination with the stock cable.

Aug 20, 2021 at 1:57 AM Post #116 of 5,996
I hope they offer 4.4mm termination with the stock cable.
Screenshot_20210819-225637_Chrome.jpg

Edit: I was wondering which type of cable it is, but it says "VIVO cable" under "In the box", so nothing new there.

Also, link: https://danclarkaudio.com/dcastealth.html

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2021 at 2:37 AM Post #117 of 5,996
Let me guess:

Price for EU 4500€?

Aug 20, 2021 at 2:38 AM Post #118 of 5,996
Well Done Dan! :L3000:

I absolutly love the gimbals. Looks like a mix of AEON 2, Flow series and derivates and something new.
Why did you choose the Name Stealth? Finally matte finish.

Black screws please at the headband! 🪛
But only one screw left. :thumbsup:

Matches absolutly nice with van nuys leather case! :heart_eyes:

Attachments

• stealth-details.jpg
    stealth-details.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back