Dan Clark Audio Stealth Review, Interview, Measurements
Mar 29, 2024 at 6:26 AM Post #5,972 of 5,994
First time hearing a dca headphone

Mar 29, 2024 at 6:42 AM Post #5,973 of 5,994

Make sure you're getting a good seal, I look forward to your impressions! For me the Stealth is no. 1 but I'm curious for the opinion of someone with gear as impressive as yours :)

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2024 at 6:49 AM Post #5,974 of 5,994

Then it's time for "first time sharing first impressions of a DCA headphone "

Mar 29, 2024 at 10:53 AM Post #5,975 of 5,994

I just bought a pair of Stealths a few weeks ago and hope you are enjoying them as much as myself.

Mar 30, 2024 at 4:05 AM Post #5,976 of 5,994
As someone that owned SP3000 and Shanling M9+ (which I preferred over SP3000), I would recommend getting the Hiby R8 II. It can drive the DCA better and has very good system level DSP options:
1709309574138.png1709309586408.png
Just for clarification ( @Drahtaar ): I recommended the R8II over SP3000/T due to power, the DSP features and the huge battery. If you don't need the DSP features, Shanling M9+ is still the more powerful DAP with excellent tuning. If you need system level PEQ, you can install the Poweramp EQ application. So I am not recommending R8II over M9+ (although I sold my M9+ after getting the R8II), but I am recommending both over the SP3000/T. Both M9+ and R8II are great DAPs. You just need to choose what you need.

Mar 30, 2024 at 3:52 PM Post #5,977 of 5,994
Ok DarginMahkum I understand... thank you for your answer..; The M9+ seems more powerful than the R8 II despite his turbo mode. With the Steath, peharps the M9+ is more able to drive it with high level. But the M9+ is more expensive too... If you sol the M9+ after buying R8 II, can I ask you why you prefered to keep the R8 II instead of M9+ ?

Apr 1, 2024 at 5:17 AM Post #5,978 of 5,994
Ok DarginMahkum I understand... thank you for your answer..; The M9+ seems more powerful than the R8 II despite his turbo mode. With the Steath, peharps the M9+ is more able to drive it with high level. But the M9+ is more expensive too... If you sol the M9+ after buying R8 II, can I ask you why you prefered to keep the R8 II instead of M9+ ?
Because of the DSP features and the larger battery.

Apr 16, 2024 at 12:58 PM Post #5,982 of 5,994
Is there any expectation for a stealth 2 in the near future using the newer E3 technology but maxed out?
Other than the glass sides, doesn't the E3 use the AMTS like the Stealth?

Apr 16, 2024 at 1:01 PM Post #5,983 of 5,994
Is there any expectation for a stealth 2 in the near future using the newer E3 technology but maxed out?
DCA has always been very tight-lipped about future releases, but at some future date they will surely introduce a successor to the Stealth. They typically introduce new models either before a big (NYC/LA) CanJam, or just in time for holiday shopping. FWIW.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2024 at 1:06 PM Post #5,984 of 5,994
Here is what DCA says about the E3 AMTS on their website.

A critical feature of E3 is the enhanced AMTS tuning system, previously found only in our TOTL multi- award winning Stealth, Expanse, and Corina headphones. E3 not only brings this ground-breaking technology to a more affordable headphone, it does so with a new mode of implementation. All headphones are subject to high-frequency standing waves which can make treble sound harsh, fatiguing, or synthetic.
AMTS is a patent pending inline device placed between the transducer and ear that integrates waveguides, diffusion control, and resonators into one compact structure that eliminates standing waves while giving us complete control of the high-frequency response profile.
DCAs AMTS tuning architecture is "not one size fits all,” it is custom tuned for each headphone to deliver an optimized experience for each transducer.
For E3 we developed a new mode of deployment that departs from prior implementations.We won’t bore you with the details, other than to say that the AMTS in E3 delivers an absolutely superbly rendered top-end that will surprise and delight, with a tone that is simply remarkably lifelike. In fact, the new E3 AMTS even reduces sensitivity to seal for a more consistent bass experience.
Of course while AMTS renders high frequencies with a refreshingly smooth, accurate, and detailed delivery, bad recordings will probably still sound bad; we’re just humble magicians, not grand-wizards!

So apparently they do use a different version of the AMTS on each headphone to optimize its effect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back