Dan Clark Audio Stealth Review, Interview, Measurements
Aug 18, 2022 at 9:49 AM Post #4,727 of 6,002
Wow, this thread has really devolved to the point I don’t see any reason to follow it anymore. No one talks about the Stealth. Only measurements and their take on them. I really enjoy my Stealth and listen to music with them. Novel concept I’m sure to some here. I guess I will go enjoy my headphones blissfully unaware how my lack of knowledge is ruining my experience.

Aug 18, 2022 at 9:56 AM Post #4,728 of 6,002
Wow, this thread has really devolved to the point I don’t see any reason to follow it anymore. No one talks about the Stealth. Only measurements and their take on them. I really enjoy my Stealth and listen to music with them. Novel concept I’m sure to some here. I guess I will go enjoy my headphones blissfully unaware how my lack of knowledge is ruining my experience.
Yeah this thread is a real shitshow. I feel sorry for DCA that the Stealth doesn't receive the discussions about it, that it deserves.

I often think about unsubscribing this thread even tho I have a general interest in the Stealth

Aug 18, 2022 at 11:00 AM Post #4,729 of 6,002
Same. The Stealth really got me excited about some of my music and I’d listen for hours to album after album.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2022 at 12:39 PM Post #4,730 of 6,002
Yeah this thread is a real shitshow. I feel sorry for DCA that the Stealth doesn't receive the discussions about it, that it deserves.

I often think about unsubscribing this thread even tho I have a general interest in the Stealth

Waiting for the next subjective slam poet to finally push you over the edge and purchase one ? Just get one.

Aug 18, 2022 at 12:46 PM Post #4,731 of 6,002
No kidding. People on both sides of the fence quick to crap on the other instead of just being happy for them. I -wish- I didn't hear a difference in amps/dacs but I do. But for those that don't, I envy all the money they get to throw at other things and I'm happy for them.

Stealths are great btw, those that don't like them at first I suggest to try a different amp/dac or both. Using a different amp made me go from hating the stealth to loving the absolute hell out of it.

Aug 18, 2022 at 1:59 PM Post #4,732 of 6,002
From my side I have said everything about stealth 👍
It will take a little while until I report a comparison between the Stealth and a new release

NOMAX

Aug 18, 2022 at 2:25 PM Post #4,734 of 6,002
Aug 18, 2022 at 8:38 PM Post #4,735 of 6,002
And why is that? I'm an engineer and need to understand things or at least determine that they're plausible before I'll put some faith in it.
come on its pretty obvious dont need to be an engineer to understand that a PC doing all sorts of other things cannot be as quiet and as good as a dedicated server

Aug 18, 2022 at 8:47 PM Post #4,736 of 6,002
come on its pretty obvious dont need to be an engineer to understand that a PC doing all sorts of other things cannot be as quiet and as good as a dedicated server
“as good” and something that is audibly different are 2 different things. Plus there are also tons of variables in this equation. A dedicated server could be worse than a pc. In general modern equipment is good to the point to not make an audible difference

Aug 18, 2022 at 10:00 PM Post #4,737 of 6,002
If the USB outputs on your PC aren't noisy then it's not an issue. However, many people have very noisy USB ports on their PC. This is why I prefer to use SPDIF.

Aug 18, 2022 at 10:24 PM Post #4,738 of 6,002
“as good” and something that is audibly different are 2 different things. Plus there are also tons of variables in this equation. A dedicated server could be worse than a pc. In general modern equipment is good to the point to not make an audible difference
not a chance...I started my journey using my PC as a server...my PC was doing all sorts of different tasks while I listened to music and it impacted the music negatively in blatant ways..I switched to a separate server for my music and the difference is night and day...one can quibble the merits of one server vs another but there is no way to assert that a laptop is going to be able to present music without background noise like a separate server can..obviously I refer to a quality server option

Aug 18, 2022 at 11:04 PM Post #4,739 of 6,002
not a chance...I started my journey using my PC as a server...my PC was doing all sorts of different tasks while I listened to music and it impacted the music negatively in blatant ways..I switched to a separate server for my music and the difference is night and day...one can quibble the merits of one server vs another but there is no way to assert that a laptop is going to be able to present music without background noise like a separate server can..obviously I refer to a quality server option

Could be a background noise, but in my experience, the noise is not present when using PC direct but there's a certain annoyance in presentation that can cause listening fatigue after an album or two. Eliminating the PC completely relieved me from that sensation and I can listen at loud listening levels (80-90 dB SPL) without ever feeling fatigue even with crappy mastered tracks (lots of Kpop and Jpop) or a lot of the 80's mastered albums like from The Cure Greatest Hits or some of 2000's albums like MGMT Oracular Spectacular as an example

If the USB outputs on your PC aren't noisy then it's not an issue. However, many people have very noisy USB ports on their PC. This is why I prefer to use SPDIF.

Even if that's the case, I get a subconscious vibe of uneasiness flow within the note edges with PC direct to a DAC while even a DAP on SPDIF as transport eliminates that issue with music being calm and "analog" in that sense.

Aug 18, 2022 at 11:07 PM Post #4,740 of 6,002
this is the problem, you are asserting you individual experience as a fact. When it is not. Get a better PC ? There's no noise out of any of the computers that I try. So yes there is a chance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back