Dan Clark Audio Stealth Review, Interview, Measurements
May 4, 2022 at 7:40 AM Post #3,811 of 5,996
The Stealth is bass weak ,… 🤔
Man can see it right away, yes or no ,
without puzzling for long 🤣

11C965D3-2620-4F05-996A-09379E415F50.png

Last edited:
May 4, 2022 at 10:49 AM Post #3,816 of 5,996
I have found that if you place the Stealth down and forward on your ears the bass increases and mids smooth out. Similar to how Dan recommended the Vocé should be worn. That is how he tuned them. Of course preferred tuning may vary but the Stealth does change with ear cup position.

May 4, 2022 at 11:00 AM Post #3,817 of 5,996
T
I have found that if you place the Stealth down and forward on your ears the bass increases and mids smooth out. Similar to how Dan recommended the Vocé should be worn. That is how he tuned them. Of course preferred tuning may vary but the Stealth does change with ear cup position.
The takeaway is that fitting is very important. I've had 4 positions so far that I swear was the ideal fitting for the best sound. But each time I change the chain, so does the fitting. While the fitting is different everytime I upgrade, the general presentation I end up with is generally the same. Very mind boggling.

May 4, 2022 at 11:39 AM Post #3,818 of 5,996
The Stealth is bass weak ,… 🤔
Man can see it right away, yes or no ,
without puzzling for long 🤣

11C965D3-2620-4F05-996A-09379E415F50.png

I like the susvara bass more, its more in quality and quantity to me, I guess it does take the matter of positioning your headset.

I also try out the stealth feeding to GS-x mini which was feeding from the Chord dave, clean sound yes, but bass is no where near Verite Closed.

May 4, 2022 at 11:40 AM Post #3,819 of 5,996
I like the susvara bass more, its more in quality and quantity to me, I guess it does take the matter of positioning your headset.

I also try out the stealth feeding to GS-x mini which was feeding from the Chord dave, clean sound yes, but bass is no where near Verite Closed.
Gsx mini isn't very good performance. Very lifted blacks.

May 4, 2022 at 11:48 AM Post #3,820 of 5,996
Screenshot_20220504-234436.jpg

Photography is a good way to give analogy to HP impressions. What many reviewers in other HP and HP amp threads call 'dynamic' is actually high contrast. A noob in photography may call lomo photos high dynamics coz of the strong blacks and whites. But that's far from the truth. Real high dynamic range photography is low contrast and flat. Guess how some people describe the Stealth??? 😉😉😉

Last edited:
May 4, 2022 at 12:33 PM Post #3,822 of 5,996
Stealth Bass weak?🤣🤣🤣🤣

NOMAX

PS.Any other model I know of is weak...and i know all😉

May 4, 2022 at 1:44 PM Post #3,823 of 5,996
Still seems like there's still people that aren't hearing everything the Stealth is capable of. I think the fact that these are as amp dependent as few other planars are has been missing from reviews and general understanding of this headphone. People not hearing anything special out of these need to consider a different amp. I will say I was perfectly happy with the TT2 when I first got the Stealth, but the CMA Fifteen has proven itself to be an even better match for the Stealth. It's not an expensive piece of gear (compared to the TT2 and others), so anyone looking for a good match, definitely give it a shot.

May 4, 2022 at 5:40 PM Post #3,825 of 5,996
Still seems like there's still people that aren't hearing everything the Stealth is capable of. I think the fact that these are as amp dependent as few other planars are has been missing from reviews and general understanding of this headphone. People not hearing anything special out of these need to consider a different amp. I will say I was perfectly happy with the TT2 when I first got the Stealth, but the CMA Fifteen has proven itself to be an even better match for the Stealth. It's not an expensive piece of gear (compared to the TT2 and others), so anyone looking for a good match, definitely give it a shot.

+1. I agree with you and Nomax that the CMA Fifteen is an especially great match with the Stealth, so I have one on order now too. Tonality, transparency and resolution of this setup are very hard to beat and the Stealth now also sounds really fast, with good attack, great bass quality and just right bass quantity. CMA Twelve Master (which I use now) sounds darker and softer with the Stealth and has more bass, a bit too much imho.

People requiring even more bass seem to be either real bassheads imo, or have problems with the seal of these headphones (wear glasses?) or use amps without enough power. The Stealth demands a lot of current, obviously. It is a very different thing to get it play loud enough, in comparison to get it driven with real authority. I have also tried wearing different glasses when listening to the Stealth and it is clear that with some of them the listener will lose several db of bass.

Cheers,
xxx1313

Users who are viewing this thread

Back