Dan Clark Audio Stealth Review, Interview, Measurements
Jan 8, 2022 at 10:30 PM Post #3,196 of 5,994
Stealth is revealing of the recording but also the source so... it will give you what you feed it...
I agree to this and what Lachlan said. Since he mentioned Coldplay, I can be confident that track has a fair amount of limiters used. The Stealth has made some of my favorite albums fatiguing, but this is not a knock on the Stealth. I've come to understand that the Stealth made the use of limiters more apparent. This is apparent when the more I have to crank down the volume for the album, the more fatiguing it is. Loudness wars. I could fix this by repositioning the Stealth and playing softer...and maybe shoot the label an email on how much is it to remix the album. 🤣

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2022 at 10:32 PM Post #3,197 of 5,994
You are high, so high.

You are the most nonsensical poster I've seen on Head-Fi in some time.

Jan 8, 2022 at 10:39 PM Post #3,200 of 5,994
I was so confused for a minute. But now it all makes sense...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220109-143828.png
    Screenshot_20220109-143828.png
    259.5 KB · Views: 0
Jan 9, 2022 at 12:00 AM Post #3,201 of 5,994
I do know you have delusion in spades.

Do you, dude.
At first I thought he was trolling, then I learned that he’s probably not trolling (at least not in some of his claims), then he’ll say something crazy, but on second thought, it might not be as crazy as everybody thought. Then he says another crazy thing and I think he’s trolling. If he is a troll, his gaslighting skills are amazing :ok_hand:. I don’t thing he is though, but maybe he is:thinking:

I’m starting to think of him as a mad scientist. 👨‍🔬

People with unconventional ideas, who go against all norms, sometimes make breakthroughs. I picture him in his room benchmarking and taking copious notes :beyersmile:

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2022 at 12:19 AM Post #3,203 of 5,994
At first I thought he was trolling, then I learned that he’s probably not trolling (at least not in some of his claims), then he’ll say something crazy, but on second thought, it might not be as crazy as everybody thought. Then he says another crazy thing and I think he’s trolling. If he is a troll, his gaslighting skills are amazing :ok_hand:. I don’t thing he is though, but maybe he is:thinking:

People with unconventional ideas, who go against all norms, sometimes make breakthroughs. I picture him in his room benchmarking and taking copious notes :beyersmile:
I agree with the "mad" part. :relaxed:

The only reason I haven't put him on ignore is because his ideas are so off-the-wall, there's frequently entertainment value to be had. But it's all starting to get a bit repetitive and predictable.

Jan 9, 2022 at 12:28 AM Post #3,204 of 5,994

Lol. I'll take that as a big compliment. My recent controversial take is not dismissing anyone's experience. I'm just giving a different perspective on the matter which is, you're blaming the wrong thing. I'm just disagreeing what you are blaming, but I am agreeing on what you are hearing. Lol. I've been on both side, stock vs tweaked and my contribution is to give perspective on how to understand one's chain.

My previous controversial take was how people think their top measurbating device is so transparent that they can hear the error in the recordings. Its funny right? You are so convinced your stack is so transparent that any anomaly has to be the track, not the device. My take is, I've been there, I don't claim my stack was transparent enough to hear the error in the tracks but I WAS seemingly hearing errors/mistake in the track. I would initially say it was a bad master where the micing,take or mixing had a mistake. But over years of upgrades, those 'mistakes' went away. So joke's on me. Now, I still stand my ground there is practically no mistakes in these albums I listen to, aside from the obvious brush of the mic. But the issue of limiters is becoming more obvious in giving me fatigue vs compression and the more transparent and smooth the chain is, the more fatiguing it can be. Thing is.... engineers use limiters a lot.

Point being, there's a healthy amount of mid-fi, hi-fi consumers using collective/community note sharing and research because of some conspiracy thinking the manufacturers are out to get them. I used to have that stance since I believed the narrative of the forums, but I'm here to say most of the time people are blaming the wrong thing. 😉

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2022 at 12:37 AM Post #3,205 of 5,994
I think he believes every thing he writes...which makes it even more concerning :yum:
If I wanna troll, I'll tell ppl they need a speaker amp for a HP that only needs 140mw to hit 100dB. And I'll tell people to follow a YT reviewer who said the way to benchmark your set is to crank your volume until protection mode engages.

Jan 9, 2022 at 1:09 AM Post #3,206 of 5,994
Lol. I'll take that as a big compliment. My recent controversial take is not dismissing anyone's experience. I'm just giving a different perspective on the matter which is, you're blaming the wrong thing. I'm just disagreeing what you are blaming, but I am agreeing on what you are hearing. Lol. I've been on both side, stock vs tweaked and my contribution is to give perspective on how to understand one's chain.

My previous controversial take was how people think their top measurbating device is so transparent that they can hear the error in the recordings. Its funny right? You are so convinced your stack is so transparent that any anomaly has to be the track, not the device. My take is, I've been there, I don't claim my stack was transparent enough to hear the error in the tracks but I WAS seemingly hearing errors/mistake in the track. I would initially say it was a bad master where the micing,take or mixing had a mistake. But over years of upgrades, those 'mistakes' went away. So joke's on me. Now, I still stand my ground there is practically no mistakes in these albums I listen to, aside from the obvious brush of the mic. But the issue of limiters is becoming more obvious in giving me fatigue vs compression and the more transparent and smooth the chain is, the more fatiguing it can be. Thing is.... engineers use limiters a lot.

Point being, there's a healthy amount of mid-fi, hi-fi consumers using collective/community note sharing and research because of some conspiracy thinking the manufacturers are out to get them. I used to have that stance since I believed the narrative of the forums, but I'm here to say most of the time people are blaming the wrong thing. 😉
We need to know more about you
Country
Why Audio
Profession
Kids

Jan 9, 2022 at 1:10 AM Post #3,207 of 5,994
I've been skimming across some posts a couple of pages back and would like to report that the iFi Pro iCan Signature pairs wonderfully with the Stealth and with so many options to try. It builds on its strengths i.e. "clean sound" while using the Solid State mode of the amp, or even help with some perceived weaknesses such as Bass presence with the X-Bass knob. Moreover, if you're used to distortions, the two tube modes will give you a different flavor to enjoy every now and then.

If you get the chance, try the new iFi Pro iCan Sig. :)

Jan 9, 2022 at 1:12 AM Post #3,208 of 5,994
I've been skimming across some posts a couple of pages back and would like to report that the iFi Pro iCan Signature pairs wonderfully with the Stealth and with so many options to try. It builds on its strengths i.e. "clean sound" while using the Solid State mode of the amp, or even help with some perceived weaknesses such as Bass presence with the X-Bass knob. Moreover, if you're used to distortions, the two tube modes will give you a different flavor to enjoy every now and then.

If you get the chance, try the new iFi Pro iCan Sig. :)
Ifi pro ican sig happens to have the best psu I've heard in the market so it's two excellent things in one package. 💪💪

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2022 at 1:50 AM Post #3,210 of 5,994
The "reviewer", if I am not remembering wrong, said "he cannot put his finger on what is missing", or something similar.

This is related to how the Stealth has bass extension that is more felt than heard. Stealth confirms my issues with internal reflections / group delay on all other HPs when other HPs creates a punchy bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back