Dan Clark Audio Stealth Review, Interview, Measurements
Dec 12, 2021 at 2:27 AM Post #2,777 of 5,996
Last edited:
Dec 12, 2021 at 2:30 AM Post #2,778 of 5,996
That’s really some recommendation. I wonder how you would feel about giving up the Susvara for Stealth. It’s hard to imagine they are that good even for a closed back.
Actually, I already sold the Susvara to allow myself to purchase the Stealth. I haven't missed them too much. They fall somewhere between the Stealth and the Abyss tonality wise.

Dec 12, 2021 at 6:47 AM Post #2,785 of 5,996
There are two types of Head-fi'ers: Those that make decisions, evaluate their actions and if they are satisfied with it continue to enjoy the outcome, and share their experiences. The second group mostly like to fart around "their decisions", trying to impose it on other people that are happy with what they have, especially to those that don't care about it. The reason is probably they don't have anything better to do, and/or they are jealous that there are still people around that are able to make their own decisions.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2021 at 7:33 AM Post #2,786 of 5,996
it’s a high powered device turned down, not a low powered device turned up.

I don't understand what you're saying here? Possible to give some example or comparison to something else?

Yes but you don't need higher gain, for one. And if one sees the specs on the Diablo at eco mode/low gain, you can see how little power it has at max volume

I cant tell if you're saying this good or bad?

Dec 12, 2021 at 2:29 PM Post #2,787 of 5,996
There are two types of Head-fi'ers: Those that make decisions, evaluate their actions and if they are satisfied with it continue to enjoy the outcome, and share their experiences. The second group mostly like to fart around "their decisions", trying to impose it on other people that are happy with what they have, especially to those that don't care about it. The reason is probably they don't have anything better to do, and/or they are jealous that there are still people around that are able to make their own decisions.
Certainly seems that way - I enjoy based on what I hear, not what someone else tells me. And I like to share, especially if the opinion is unpopular. Now after listening to the Stealth for a while, when I put on the Abyss, they sound a bit hollow and scooped out. The mids on the Stealth are something I have really enjoyed more than on any other headphone. The soundstage and bass on the Abyss is still more enjoyable, but for most of my listening these days, I'm preferring the Stealth due to how smooth and refined they are.

Dec 12, 2021 at 4:39 PM Post #2,789 of 5,996
Hi, I would like to know if Topping A90 could drive DCA Stealth properly.
I can't imagine such a modern little amp won't move properly, the DCA Stealth.. As it can provide for sure enough power from 16 ohms, so at 23 ohms it should be easy for the Stealth.
I use a Monolith THX887 and it's already very comfortable, so A90 has some margin compare to it.
Probably the DCA Stealth can benefit from higher power amp, but a A90 should already do a very good job.

Dec 12, 2021 at 4:57 PM Post #2,790 of 5,996
Power wise the a90 would be more than able, quality wise is another question

Users who are viewing this thread

Back