Dan Clark Audio Stealth Review, Interview, Measurements
Nov 21, 2021 at 1:55 AM Post #2,521 of 6,001
The acid test is if your spouse can sleep in the same bed while you are listening to your tunes at night.
I prefer to use a IE900 + Qudelix 5K .. instead of the DCA Stealth, as I want to lay down on the side ... and if she can't sleep, I doubt it's because of the sound :ksc75smile: :ksc75smile: :ksc75smile:

Nov 21, 2021 at 2:32 PM Post #2,522 of 6,001
Its not my music genre....but this track is unbelievably with the Stealth 👍

NOMAX

PS.only my HE1 is able to move the same air mass from the lows

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2021 at 5:56 PM Post #2,525 of 6,001
I just dropped a first impression video for Stealth:

Enjoy!

Nov 21, 2021 at 11:04 PM Post #2,528 of 6,001
Susvara and Stealth are very smooth and has low distortion. Any SQ issues heard is a reflection of the source, transport, chain.

I've driven the susvara and Stealth with a Hugo 2, Diablo low gain and Phonitor spl one with Sparkos Pros op-amps and they all drive it well and beats an Lcd4, abyss 1266 and utopia that's externally amped with a Cayin and IFI pro stack and Felik Tubes.

Nov 21, 2021 at 11:10 PM Post #2,529 of 6,001
“Any SQ issues heard is a reflection of the source, transport, chain.”

“I've driven the susvara and Stealth with a Hugo 2, Diablo low gain”
Not sure if you are replying to me but in the case you are, I didn’t say anything about sound quality issues and as we all know “driven” and headphones “driven to their potential” are two very different things.

Nov 21, 2021 at 11:19 PM Post #2,531 of 6,001
Driven to potential is via good power quality. Not power quantity.
You are calling the Diablo, good power quality? I have a Diablo here, It’s powerful but I would not call it more quality than quantity whatsoever. The WA33 driving the Susvara and Stealth, or the Ferrum Oor, or the AHB2 are not comparable to the little red box.

Nov 21, 2021 at 11:48 PM Post #2,532 of 6,001
both the susvara and stealth need serious power...the stealth isnt all that far the susvara in terms of power requirement surprisingly....

Nov 22, 2021 at 12:04 AM Post #2,533 of 6,001
You are calling the Diablo, good power quality? I have a Diablo here, It’s powerful but I would not call it more quality than quantity whatsoever. The WA33 driving the Susvara and Stealth, or the Ferrum Oor, or the AHB2 are not comparable to the little red box.
Oh good point. I have forgotten that I have modded my Diablo to run on external LPS + voltage regulators. With a stock Diablo, the Stealth will sound distorted and grainy and I will not recommend the pairing. An LCD4 sounds better in comparison. With the Diablo on LPS, the Stealth exceeds the LCD4 by large margin wherein the LCD4 becomes shouty and fatiguing. This goes back to my point where one would quickly put the HP or internal amp is at fault when it's other factors that are at play.

Use the IFI HP calculator and one can see the Diablo on low gain and normal gain SE can power the Diablo and the Susvara.

Nov 22, 2021 at 12:11 AM Post #2,534 of 6,001
Oh good point. I have forgotten that I have modded my Diablo to run on external LPS + voltage regulators. With a stock Diablo, the Stealth will sound distorted and grainy and I will not recommend the pairing. An LCD4 sounds better in comparison. With the Diablo on LPS, the Stealth exceeds the LCD4 by large margin wherein the LCD4 becomes shouty and fatiguing. This goes back to my point where one would quickly put the HP or internal amp is at fault when it's other factors that are at play.

Use the IFI HP calculator and one can see the Diablo on low gain and normal gain SE can power the Diablo and the Susvara.
Seems that you're happy with running the Stealth via a Diablo and that's perfectly fine.
There might be some here that want a more desktop style gear to meet their aural requirements.
I would hate to think the Stealth doesn't scale up as you improve the gear, most headphones and speakers do.
When I heard the Stealth with a Formula S I thought it sounder fantastic, but am also conscious there will be better amps for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back