Dan Clark Audio Stealth Review, Interview, Measurements
Oct 22, 2021 at 3:54 AM Post #2,251 of 5,996
The Stealth is doing such a beautiful job with cellos. What a lovely sound!

Hungry for anything cello, I stumbled upon this recording on YouTube:

I looked for it on Qobuz, hoping for better quality and started playing this track:
Canon in D by Brooklyn Duo

I was surprised at what a slow, dark rendition this was compared to the YouTube video, but enjoyed the bassy piano recorded up close. Then the cello joined in and sounded a bit irregular. Then it dawned on me that Qobuz missed that I had manually adjusted the DAC's sample rate to 48 kHz for the YouTube video, and it just sent the 96 kHz version to the DAC as is, so it got played at half the speed. Well, that was unique! Probably the most pleasant bug I have ever encountered.

Anyway, I should have gone to bed a while back. Damn you, Dan, for keeping me up at night. Also, bless you.

Good night!

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2021 at 5:46 AM Post #2,252 of 5,996
The Stealth is doing such a beautiful job with cellos. What a lovely sound!

Hungry for anything cello, I stumbled upon this recording on YouTube:

I looked for it on Qobuz, hoping for better quality and started playing this track:
Canon in D by Brooklyn Duo

This is so soothing, I'm amazed by the Stealth's renditions even after 60+ hours of listening since I got them.

Late night listening and browsing, although I have to say, many a time where the music playing through the Stealth made me stop whatever I'm doing and just simply, listen. A handful of headphones make me do this and the Stealth is one of them. Losing yourself in a composition is an amazing experience whenever it happens and the Stealth does deliver this in spades. :)

20211022_110643[1704].jpg

Oct 22, 2021 at 6:24 AM Post #2,253 of 5,996
What really makes me happy is that the negativity storm is, at least for the moment, gone. You never know though, when they will be bored next time and pay a visit.

I hugely enjoy Stealth. Listening to anything else makes me want to go back. It has amazingly clear, refined but at the same time "impactful when needed" bass. Mids clarity is the best ever, and the treble is superbly clean that it doesn't need extra sizzle to sound "detailed".

Oct 22, 2021 at 7:45 AM Post #2,254 of 5,996
What really makes me happy is that the negativity storm is, at least for the moment, gone. You never know though, when they will be bored next time and pay a visit.

I hugely enjoy Stealth. Listening to anything else makes me want to go back. It has amazingly clear, refined but at the same time "impactful when needed" bass. Mids clarity is the best ever, and the treble is superbly clean that it doesn't need extra sizzle to sound "detailed".
It's just different tastes and expectations paired with how black the background on the Stealth is due to the AMTS absorbing/canceling features catching people by surprise. For me it was a strange experience at first as my brain was still wired to my favorite sound signatures like the Abyss house sound and Audeze LCDs. :)

I was in a similar position at first, especially with my metal playlist, but once I gave the Stealth a chance allowing my brain to burn in and trying out the many other genres that I love I knew I was onto something special. A 5 minute showroom demo, or even a 3 hours listening session would not be fair to the Stealth especially when the listener has other TOTL headphones to compare it to, as they might quickly dismiss them. Still though, there will be people whom will never like it just due to their preferences and I can see where they are coming from. :)

But man, there are MANY new flagships releasing at the same time, it's really exciting for everyone but it seriously makes it difficult for us to select one only considering how expensive all of them are. It's a tough choice to make.

Oct 22, 2021 at 7:55 AM Post #2,255 of 5,996
It's just different tastes and expectations paired with how black the background on the Stealth is due to the AMTS absorbing/canceling features catching people by surprise. For me it was a strange experience at first as my brain was still wired to my favorite sound signatures like the Abyss house sound and Audeze LCDs. :)

I was in a similar position at first, especially with my metal playlist, but once I gave the Stealth a chance allowing my brain to burn in and trying out the many other genres that I love I knew I was onto something special. A 5 minute showroom demo, or even a 3 hours listening session would not be fair to the Stealth especially when the listener has other TOTL headphones to compare it to, as they might quickly dismiss them. Still though, there will be people whom will never like it just due to their preferences and I can see where they are coming from. :)

But man, there are MANY new flagships releasing at the same time, it's really exciting for everyone but it seriously makes it difficult for us to select one only considering how expensive all of them are. It's a tough choice to make.
Very fair judgment, just pick the TOTL headphone you like and then build the rest of the system around it.
Don’t try to compare it to the rest of the headphones.

Oct 22, 2021 at 11:00 AM Post #2,257 of 5,996
This is so soothing, I'm amazed by the Stealth's renditions even after 60+ hours of listening since I got them.

Late night listening and browsing, although I have to say, many a time where the music playing through the Stealth made me stop whatever I'm doing and just simply, listen. A handful of headphones make me do this and the Stealth is one of them. Losing yourself in a composition is an amazing experience whenever it happens and the Stealth does deliver this in spades. :)

Just noticed free from your screenshot that i got to headphone supremus level. I spend way too much time on this site.

I'm glad more people are enjoying these now as much as I do.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2021 at 1:49 PM Post #2,259 of 5,996

My words....and why i said in the past thats the only one that comes closer to my marble stone as all the others in the past 👍

NOMAX

Ps.my ears was telling me that in 30 seconds 😉

😜

B7893E3F-BAAD-4B5D-8329-A6D4A557ADB9.jpeg

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2021 at 2:05 PM Post #2,262 of 5,996
Hello, looking for input here- I recently purchased the Astell & Kern SP2000T. Would I be able to drive the Stealth with these or do they require a full desktop amp?

No forget it

NOMAX

Oct 22, 2021 at 2:08 PM Post #2,263 of 5,996
Does the ch2 drive the stealth decently?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back